BSI Employee Reviews

International Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire5 September 2017
Great place to work with lots of enthusiastic people. Benefits are great and the office in MK is modern, spacious and clean. The culture is fantastic with a real focus on working as a team.
Pros
Holiday allowance
Cons
Personal development
Good Place To Work
Test Engineer Construction Products (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire21 August 2017
Overall I'm finding it great working here. But recently I am having doubts with the way my team is being run and led forward.

This is why I am currently thinking about moving to another company or another role at my current job.
Pros
Great salary, benifits etc
Cons
Ok place to work - however lots of politics
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London10 August 2017
I worked in the HR department in Chiswick, and for the most part it was a disappointing experience, it often at times felt as if i was working in the public sector. It was extremely political and unprofessional. The salaries were average, however if you would like a great work life balance this place would be suitable as there is no long hours culture here.
Stable and good place to work
Group Reporting Accountant (Current Employee) –  London19 May 2017
Very good work life balanced. Stable organisation and there are intelligent people within the organisation.

Size of the organisation is a bit small which makes advancement difficult.
Good
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London23 March 2017
Good company with a relaxed atmosphere, flexible working and central location. Environment for a lot of collaborative work and cross-departmental projects.
A friendly workplace with helpful colleagues.
Digital Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Gunnersbury5 July 2016
My time spent at BSI was mostly spent assisting the lead marketing director as well as being given the opportunity to design a new website as the company had been working on a redesign and wanted my input.

The company is run very efficiently and many group meetings are held daily to ensure teams are filled in and that projects are on track.
Best first job anyone could ask for.
Client Administrator (Former Employee) –  London26 May 2016
Great colleagues and working environment.
I learnt a lot, which stood me in good stead for my working career.
Enjoyable work, with a clear end result.
Pros
Nice colleagues.
Cons
No job security.
BSI Electronic publishing
Electronic Publishing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 January 2016
A great company to work for with a lot of history. They gave me the opertunity to start working in an office environment. They tought me a lot along the the way.
Pros
work hours and holidays. pension local to home address
International company where precision is key
Leading Hand / Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead (UK)22 March 2015
My typical day would be to ensure that the team members under my supervision would be aware of any clients that may be arriving at the premises to witness testing and also which jobs had to be completed. I learned a great deal about how to get the best from the team members from advice from the very approachable management team.
I can safely say that I am good friends with my co-workers and we used to regularly go for nights out to local restaurants. The hardest part of my job was going through the procedure for being assessed by UKAS (a independent assessment body within the UK), which was a yearly occurrence to make sure that the the testing performed to the British Standards, was being performed to the exceptionally high benchmark required.
Very good place to work
Reprographics Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG30 May 2014
Looked After there Staff very well,
The best place i have ever worked. Great Team.
Working as a team at BSI
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG7 February 2014
BSI is very much a top down organisation although the new CEO is trying to change this. The IT systems used within the company are a mixture of sales and invoicing software and this confuses the workers and the customers. This needs to be addressed and fixed before a coherant and successful relationship with customers and a more seamless and informed staff member can be achieved.
At present BSI staff spend more time making excuses for IT incompetence than helping with real issues and standards developing and this is due to a very low spend on IT service upgrade strategy and CRM investment.
Management are trying their best but due to these constraints they end up learning bad habits and forcing staff to complete spreadsheets and word documents as evidence to support their roles and to keep some form of customer-centric and intelligence information that current systems don't provide.
Excellent company to work for
Application / Cert Admin and Planner (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG1 July 2013
I was embraced as a new recruit here and learned many things from the company and staff employed there. The management were always approachable and created a lovely working environment for all their staff. A pleasure to work there
Pros
Great working environment
Enjoyable work and conditions
Post Room Administrator (Current Employee) –  Postroom5 March 2013
Left to plan workload Manager quite happy with this arrangement and enjoy the variety of the role which includes post distribution, printing invoices ensuring post and any couriered items ready for collection.
Pros
hours, benefits colleagues
Cons
goods in
Reputed company to work for
Accounts administrator (Current Employee) –  Knowlhill. Milton Keynes14 November 2012
1) Heavy workload, unrealistic deadlines, strict environment, hardly get any break

2) Plenty of inhouse training on new tasks... one postive thing!

3) Mangement - love to work for the company but not at all impressed with the management / managers delivery style. Very unprofessional managers within the organisation.

4) Co-workers - We work as a part of the team, we help each other out and see the tasks through despite unrealistic deadlines imposed by the manager.

5) Hardest part - Lack of clarity / indecisiveness or fickle minded manager

6) The tasks i perform are varied and challenging and it gives me 100% satisfaction after successfully completing them. Be less stressful if the workload got distributed fairly throughout the team.
Pros
opportunity to learn new tasks
Cons
unrealistic deadline... work gets frequently interrupted and rhythm/flow is lost.
Very nice environment to work in.
Data entry/Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gunnersbury, Chiswick, West London12 October 2012
I have spent 15 years at British Standards Institution. It's a very nice and professional environment. There are benefits and a company pension scheme for employees. A very nice canteen. I seldom have had issues with colleagues. The management was fair with the staff and approachable.
We always collaborated in the team and our line manager made sure we had variety in our work by creating a rota for us. In that way I have had the occasion to learn several tasks. BSI also promotes learning on the job and staff has online training available all year round plus there are on site training, for those who need the skills to up their career.
Pros
the office environment very "civilized" and polite people to work with.
Cons
i don't have any bad words for bsi