British Heart Foundation Employee Reviews

Ok but not good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire19 January 2018
I was mainly in the back sorting through donation bags/ stock. I helped rotate the stock so the shop floor always had new stock, I also helped customers find items and gave information out to people wanting to donate items to the store.
fun work place
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cricklewood19 January 2018
I would answer the phone to book in a collection take down the customers description of the items they would like to donate and how many items they would like to donate. Or I would call the customers who has done a online booking for collection to book them in to the dairy for the drivers and the customers to know when they can do the collection .
friendly work environment
STORE VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 January 2018
I did some voluntary work at the British heart foundation store and I find it helpful in me developing employable skills. I learned how to communicate with the clients and work in a team. the other workers were a similar age to me which made it a better work environment.
Very satisfying
Volunteer Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 January 2018
during my time as a Warehouse volunteer, I have been responsible for the construction and deconstruction of products, and the relocation of these products both on the shop floor and the warehouse. It is very clear who i need to go to for advice and help. the hardest part of the job would be the heavy lifting of some extremely weighted items (such as large sofas), but there is always an associate on hand to help. The most enjoyable experience i have had so far is the reorganization of the various odds and ends that gets donated, as there is all sorts of interesting items to find.
Sales team and cleaner
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands17 January 2018
Its a great atmosphere where you get to meet great people staff, volunteer and the public. You get learn new skills and you get to help a good cause for the research in heart disease. I'm been there awhile now times are hard but its keeps me active.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Any hours
Superb team work
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire14 January 2018
As a volunteer the day is largely chosen by the individual. I work from 10:15 to 14:00 two days a week. The management is very supportive and everyone pulls together. The hardest part of the job is keeping adequate change in the till, the most enjoyable is getting to know the customers.
Good charity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset11 January 2018
Varied work for a good cause. Very flexible with time off as the role is voluntary. Nice management within stores, although little contact with higher management.
fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe9 January 2018
It was a great experience and I enjoyed volunteering very much over the summer to contribute to my Duke of Edinburgh award. I would recommend this to any young person wanting to expand their retail skills and give back to the community.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
N/a
shambles and worst management ever in history
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire8 January 2018
Do volunteering work because you can not because you have too.
Doesnt feel like work, feels like a chore.
people are not always that friendly and be disruptive.
Pros
Cons
boring
Enjoyable Volunteering
Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Banbury8 January 2018
Volunteering on Sales and Warehousing was an enjoyable experience while looking for work, management was efficient and the hours were rewardable. was happy to work there
friendly and fun workplace
servicing customers. (Volunteering) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 January 2018
BHF is a very pleasurable place to work in. Workplace culture is polite and friendly. Work is managed efficiently. I learnt to work with till. The most enjoyable part is serving the customers and communicating with co-workers.
Pros
Flexible time schedule
Cons
Stressful in rush hours
Very good company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford essex8 January 2018
You learn a lot of skills the staff are nice to work with learn to tag and to do recall I also liked talking to customers and sorting and working the till .Love meeting new people .
Pros
Get decount
Cons
Good hours
productive
volunteering (Former Employee) –  Stirling8 January 2018
a volunteered 1 day a week with British heart foundation and during that one day I was kept busy doing all sort of stuff but the only thing I didn't agree with was I was asked to do thing that volunteers were not supposed to do or were aloud to do and the day I was in I was the only volunteer in the shop that day
Pros
good length of time for lunch
Cons
only volunteer in the shop the day i was in
Learning curve
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn7 January 2018
This job was volunteer work as i was currently unemployed at the time. But this job showed me what it was like working with customers on a day to day basis.
Fabulous
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Letchworth, Hertfordshire7 January 2018
Good Company , Charity volunteers,Team work , busy area , good managers , i really enjoyed work for them . The staff was friendly also the managers . I would like to work for them again
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Amazing charity to work to
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Darwen7 January 2018
The company runs for a great cause and the people who are volunteering are even greater.
I have met many brilliant people and worked under hard-working management for a few months now, and will always spare a few hours a week to go and help out.
Pros
Bisquits
Cons
No allocated break times
Very good
Volunteer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 January 2018
interesting, enjoyed the job i worked in the shop in coventry volunteering and ironing and watching the stock i also used the till to handle payments v
Developed Skills
volunteer Telephone/Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leytonstone5 January 2018
I enjoyed working there and I developed my skills and also learned new skills. The people I worked with were very friendly and they helped me understand better what my role was.
I am a volunteer
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley5 January 2018
It is very comfortable. I do not feel left out when I am there. Every one is friendly especially the manager. We get free snacks every time we volunteer there.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Manager is always busy to answer questions.
testing
volunteering (Former Employee) –  nowehere5 January 2018
testing electronics day to day was fun and it provided a great challenge in untangling the cables that people had thrown into a bag without properly tying them up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Heart Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2