British Heart Foundation Employee Reviews

Fun place to work in, lovely people!
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire19 November 2017
I started volunteering here as a work experience placement with the Prince's Trust Team Programme.

The people here are very friendly and are from all sorts of walks of life. The work is great too! I love talking to the customers.

I now volunteer every Saturday.
A good workplace
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton19 November 2017
A fine establishment and a great atmosphere, a friendly workforce with a can-do attitude along with an encouraging management, which pushes the workforce to attempt to reach their potential.
Pros
Work experience.
produductive and fun place
Warehouse?shop assistant (Current Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire18 November 2017
I am currently working as a volunteer at the Loughborough store helping the full time staff with the day to day running and helping them reach there targets by helping serving the customers and working in the warehouse
Lovely place to work
Retail volunteer (20hrs/pw) (Current Employee) –  kidderminster17 November 2017
Great place to learn and work. All colleagues are team players and a pleasure to work with. I Love working with the varied section of customers and love my role in this worth while job.
Pros
discounts
Volunteer
British Heart Foundation Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Harrow on the Hill16 November 2017
It is a normal volunteering job, I do what is asked of me and it is an amazing opportunity to learn about the retail experience and how every day life is in the work life. It has taught me how to tag, steam and price items. I have only been doing this for one month and therefore I do not have that much experience yet.
Pros
my choice of hours
Cons
Good
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands15 November 2017
Brilliant shop wonderful people great place to work at and the people are great to work with
I would definitely work here again and it was a wonderful experience to work in a place like this
Very fun place
Charity Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester15 November 2017
Good to work at , you make new friends , it’s also a very calm easy job ,doesn’t require too much .however I worked as a volunteer on my spare time , I enjoyed it .
Pros
New friends
Cons
Long hours could get a bit boring /not much moving around
voluntary work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheetham Hill15 November 2017
this role was voluntary work doing sales for charity. the job role was quite slow so it was just to keep me from being stuck at home and to help charities that needed funding.
Pros
for a good cause
Cons
job role was slow paced
Happy to work for BHF
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mold, Flintshire14 November 2017
see above. Currently helping out voluntary twice a week. Have been doing this for several months and gained valuable experience. Staff and Manager are all very helpfull.
productive.
STAFF MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Chatham14 November 2017
When working a normal I had too change prices from sorting out the products and making sure the floor was clean and when i needed move things around i would work with the rest of the team to do that.
Pros
experiences
Cons
some staff members.
Flexible
Volunteering in British Heart Foundation (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 November 2017
I volunteered during the summer until November. The environment was extremely friendly and the hours were flexible. Therefore, I was able to balance volunteering and leisure time.
Enjoyable and friendly working environment
British Heart Foundation Volunteer (Former Employee) –  West ealing12 November 2017
I enjoyed my time working at British hearth foundation. The work was not very stressful and I learned a lot from the people that also worked there. I always got support if I had any troubles with anything. Even though it was only a 2 month work experience, it really opened my eyes on how retail,/charity really works. Thank you for the opportunity.
Pros
Understanding of charity, not as stressful, lovely environment
Cons
Unpaid
very fun work place
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salford11 November 2017
good place to gain retails skills as its very busy and full of good people and very helping feel like working at home friendly environment and a good place for those who are looking for retail experience
Pros
Cons
sifts
Learning while working.
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh11 November 2017
I have just started working here and the staff is very cooperative, friendly and supportive. The best part is the interaction with the customers which will help me improve my communication skills.
Pros
Lovely tea.
Absolute fun
Charity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire11 November 2017
Everybody is friendly helping others out that are in need something that am really good at love to put a smile on someone else’s face really does make my day the British heart foundation are amazing plus it’s more experience for me.
Pros
Free lunches
fantasic charity
Retail Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil10 November 2017
friendly staff of all ages and backgrounds, working as a team to benefit the charity as well as the customers.

most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers, staff and learning new skills.

The hardest part of the job I found was no routine or set roles were given. I found this to be very impractical, staff would be unsure of their responsibilities and tasks until given at random.

however I am now confident In taking on tasks and able to work well under pressure.

fantastic company and charity that enabled me to learn various retail and customer service skills.
Pros
interating with members of public, staff and learning new skills.
Cons
no set roles given that could leave confustion and prolong work load.
Very nice staff and enviroment
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 November 2017
Very good charity shop with friendly staff and great quality products. I learned basic customer service, flexibility & how to balance a job, one of the best charity shops.
friendly and productive work environment
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough9 November 2017
I enjoyed volunteering there it was a good experience as the work environment was open, friendly and enjoyable. the most enjoyable part of volunteering there for me was learning how to use the till and serve customers.
productive
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent9 November 2017
Was an enjoyable work place, colleagues were amusing and always there for you if you was having a bad day. it was a fun volunteering job to have to keep me busy during the days
Fun and productive
Volunteer Stores Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds8 November 2017
I learn new skills and gain confidence. I can't understand some of my colleagues or customers because of their yorkshire accent but still, I enjoy their company and I learn a lot from them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Heart Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2