BRIGHTON & HOVE CITY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Enthusiastic and committed team.
Registration Officer (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex14 May 2017
I have very much enjoyed my time at the Register Office and have learnt so much about registration over the last three years. The team is very friendly and they are absolutely committed to providing an excellent service to the public.
Brighton & Hove City Council
Accounts/Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton25 August 2016
Brighton & Hove City Council provided extensive training for the position and always ensured that employees felt supported in their role. High volumes of work meant that I had to be able to work efficiently and juggle several responsibilities at once.
Added to my personal development
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brighton7 March 2016
A typical day at work is liasing with my peers and customers regarding the visits they receive and working to solve any issues within the property such as repairs, fraud etc. Looking at ways we can improve our council homes and the homes our tenants live in.
Fun Place to work
Cityclean Operative (Former Employee) –  Brighton9 May 2015
Brighton and Hove City Council is a nice place to work as the staff there are nice and you can have a good laugh and have fun while doing the job, also the canteen at the Hollingdean depot do nice food for a reasonable price and is open 5 days a week 0600-1400
Pros
everyday is different to the last
Cons
early start in the mornings
Busy and Noisy
Learning Centre Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, ENG17 March 2015
Overseeing classes recording and reporting attendance. Dealing with enquiries, emails, telephone and personal visits, Organising and promoting events and staff for May and June, Adult Learners Festival.
I have a small group of volenteers to help me work with my co- workers. The hardest part is the job it self, it varies on a daily basis, never knowing what the next problem will be and dealing with it.
I enjoy the whole job helping people solve their problems.
Pros
Learn as much as I like
Cons
Not being able to please everyone.
Work satisfaction
Assistant Cook (Current Employee) –  London road5 January 2015
I meet and talk to various different elderly folk each day and hear their stories which is always humbling and fascinating, then i get to work in the kitchen preparing the food for their meals which can consist of varied dietary needs, be it vegetarian , allergy free, religious or able to chew the foods. I also supervise 2 other kitchen staff who themselves have special needs which in itself is challenging but rewarding as they are learning small new duties all the time. When individual service users leave due to moving on or illnes can be hard as you gain a rapport with them. But the positive feedback about their time and the food from service users that are with us always brightens my day. And the staff are as witty as the service users so there are always laughs to be had.
Pros
Interesting people
Cons
short hrs
Driven and Committed
Day Service Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Hove, ENG25 November 2014
I have learned a lot in this setting, and continue to. It's a very intensive setting that is managed exceptionally by the staff team and for me this environment is perfect for my work.
Good employer
Tenancy Enforcement officer (Current Employee) –  Brighton8 November 2014
Committed, professional and friendly and fun workforce
manage case load of cases relating to anti social behaviour, nuisance and domestic violence
Detailed procedure on case work management
Well structured and effective management in place
Friendly, helpful and dedicated
Interviewing victims
Sending letters to perpetrators following conclusion of investigations
Pros
work flexibity
Cons
Travel Distance
Fun work place
Taxi Driver (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ENG20 February 2014
interesting self employ job , while you study or do another part time job .