Bracknell Forest Council Employee Reviews

Good Training programme and excellent multi-agency working
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire13 October 2017
I worked for Bracknell Forest for over 11 years and enjoyed my time there. Great training opportunities and excellent links with other local agencies
Pros
Flexible working and staff development training
Cons
Funding cuts
Waste of time
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 March 2017
Saw this job and as the link didn't work made enquiries directly only to find out that there is in fact no vacancy and was told Indeed had made a mistake.
How many others I wonder have wasted their time.
Busy and precise
Elections as a Poll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brackell Forest Council11 January 2016
I have worked with the local authority as a poll clerk during elections for a number of years. It is high pressured and fast paced but with a need for accuracy. I enjoy working with new people and getting to meet the local community.
Productive & Fun working
Apprentice Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bracknell Forest13 December 2015
My day to day role was hanging up clothes on the railes and re stocking the shelves and making teas.

My manager and co workers and very friendly

the hardest part of my job was packing the clothes in the bag

Everything was enjoyable about my job
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Awful
social worker (Former Employee) –  Children's services6 December 2015
No work life balance at all in long term children's SW team. Permanent staff are at breaking point and locum staff never stay for very long. Management are nice but ineffective.
Expect to work on average 50-70 hours per week and you will not get your time back!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Expect to work long hours, high burn out
an experience worth it!
student social worker (Former Employee) –  town centre14 October 2014
working with the fostering team and children in need team was quite challenging but very rewarding
Pros
flexible lunch time
Local authority culture
Landscape / Street cleansing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, ENG15 January 2014
I have worked at Bracknell for over five years as a contracts manager/client for environmental services.

When I first started, I was amazed at how behind they were with regards to operational procedures and their attitude to health and safety.

It took me a long time to change that dismissive culture and bring in some up-to-date practices and then I could concentrate on the finances of the contract which was no easy task.

As you would expect, there is a lot of red tape to try and get through in local authority and it's not helped by departments working in silos however, I have learnt a lot from my time at Bracknell and like to think that when I leave, I would have left my service area in a much better position and I hope we have exceeded the public's expectations in terms of service and quality.
Pros
Lot's of new challenges
Cons
Red tape