Boots Employee Reviews

okay working enviorment
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset22 November 2017
Currently still working at boots, good pay however never much overtime. all the staff are lovely and so helpful if you are stuck on anything, good for people with a full time contract at boots.
Pros
pay
Cons
not much overtime
Awful company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 November 2017
Worst company to work for. Wasted 9 sorry years with these people and just wish I left long before now. Rubbish pay, promise you career development which never comes to light, no bonus, no reward. Ypu are only a number. Work for someone who appreciates the hard work staff put in.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Low pay, no bonus, no staff reward, not recognised, just a number lost in a crowd, above reasonable expectations of staff, no support
warehouse operative
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire15 November 2017
Poor , poor conditions, too big pressure on workers. Poor quality of management, bad treatment for workers.
Contracted people just speaking, agency work too hard - still no respect.
Pros
not at all, happy to left
Cons
low pay, low worker treatment
Diverse lots of responsibility
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge14 November 2017
Alot of responsibility - need to do work under a time constraint - without taking into account that customers will be making enquiries. The people are fun to work with - there's always that one person though.
Good company with excellent service towards customers
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff14 November 2017
Good company, with excellent benefits rates, with the opinion of furthering your career, flexible hours to suit your needs, managers will help you as best as they possible could.
Good company to work for
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 November 2017
Allows you to develop as a person and try different parts of the store therefore you can find out what you enjoy and don't enjoy. Day to day jobs vary depending on the company needs and the store.
Underpaid me, didn’t give me my required breaks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire11 November 2017
I worked at Boots as a 16 year old student during the Christmas period, and it was the most unprofessional and disorganised businesses I’ve worked for.

While initially staff were friendly and helpful, I was underpaid by over £200 (which was almost half of my overall pay as a student and temporary worker), and managerial staff refused to deal with the issues when I brought it to their attention. Moreover, I was denied my legal half hour breaks per every 4 hours (which I required as an under 18 staff member).

I would also be expected to stay later at closing times to lock up, sometimes an extra half hour, and the company did not offer to pay for safe transport home for a young female worker... very unimpressive.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unprofessional, underpaid, overworked
Fun workplace
Skin care advisor (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire9 November 2017
Great place to work. Had a lovely time learning new skills and having new experiences. Lovely people to work with. Loved working here at boots........
Pharmacy Technicain
REGISTERED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bridlington8 November 2017
Brilliant company
benefits great salary
Training available and progression
Work balance with family
Staff incentives
Brilliant company to work for 9 years
Pros
job progress
Cons
management
Productive workplace
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes6 November 2017
The experience required me to ensure medicine on the shelves was appropriate for selling by checking expiry dates and that the products were not tampered with while providing great customer service. This experience taught me the importance of being attentive to details and multitasking at the same time.
Friendly enviroment
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent6 November 2017
I was only there for a short amount of time doing work experience.
The staff members were very friendly and supportive as I had never worked in retail before. They showed me what to do and explained what not to do when a customer enters the store.
Pros
Good, postive envrioment
Cons
No pay
Friendly work enviroment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London2 November 2017
The job consisted of customer service, cash handling, stock control and promotion- I found out I enjoyed this and was quite good. I would work on the tills serving customers and assisting with self-service checkouts.I also spent time promoting seasonal Christmas products such as gift boxes.
Pros
Nice team, flexible hours.
Cons
On your feet all day!
Not very productive
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dagenham Heathway Station2 November 2017
I worked as a sales assistant at Boots Dagenham Heathway very unproductive and was a little boring not much to do but help customers when they come in.
Pros
Free Lunches, Friendly Staff
Cons
Low salary
work experience
File management (Former Employee) –  London1 November 2017
they only made me organise files. everyday . i did't do that much. the people in that job were friendly. and helpful. i learn been more organise. i only worked for a week
Pros
work epreicne
Cons
non
Fun and productive work place
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  London31 October 2017
I enjoyed working in Boots and I developed lots of new skills. It was a lovely place with lots of friendly staff who were very supportive. It is definitely a great place to pursue a future career.
Pros
Friendly staff
job
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Nottingham31 October 2017
no way to advace within the company as jobs are given to favorite emploees

so it was a complete waste of time and effort to apply for advacement within the organisation
Cons
Nice place to work, good atmosphere
Supply Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire31 October 2017
Work is very good at Boots, your days are flexible and you choose how you want to go about completeing your tasks. I learned a lot about Suppply in general and best practices for differnet situations. The management here are much like ,management anywhere you go, there are really good managers and not so great managers. The job can be quite demanding in respect that you will have a lot to do in a short amount of time and staying over your hours is almost expected which is a downside to Boots. the most enjoyable part of the job is the people i work with.
Pros
Boots discount, offer health insurance and such benefits. relaxed environment
Cons
usually expected to do more hours than paid for
wost job ever
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London31 October 2017
the job itself is nice. Helping customers gives you a different kind of satisfaction you don't get from another job. However manager have no manners or respect for their employees and treat them like expendable dogs.
good
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Beeston, Nottinghamshire30 October 2017
the job was easy and the staff was good to work with and the hours was good and the breaks was reasonable length of time and it good that you get payed weekly.
Pros
cheap on site shop
hard working
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Chester City Centre, Cheshire30 October 2017
a typical day at Boots Chester is fun hard working and very relaxed work place... in this work place I spoke to customer's by helping them what's the best thing that gets sold, giving them testers from the fragrant's and working in the stock room.
Pros
30 mins on lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots. Our community is ready to answer.