Boots UK Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire18 February 2018
I usually worked behind the tills for replenished stock, and staff were really nice and management were helpful and polite to everyone.
This was my first job and learn alto about customer service.
Pros
10% discount
Boring and not productive
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wanstead, Greater London17 February 2018
I only worked here for two weeks which was part of my work experience. As i was working in a small Boots, there was nothing to do and I was always standing around the store doing nothing. A few tasks were given which was placing new prices and removing old ones. The workplace culture is positive and everybody gets along with each other.
Pros
The workplace culture was positive
Cons
Long hours and no breaks, only lunch
Very fun
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Greater London15 February 2018
I really loved volunteering at boots, all the staffs were friendly and encouraging. Most of my job was to stack the products and provide a service to the customers
Okay
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cramlington, Northumberland15 February 2018
Did not enjoy my time at boots however was a good job with reliable hours. 9/10 staff members were rude and patronising. Not too much training provided either.
Pros
Reliable hours
Cons
Not much training
Happy to work there
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford15 February 2018
Customer sales assistant.working in team.serving the public.which I loved about being out front with different people every day. Not happy when they changing hours or job which happened too often.
Pros
The odd bonus yearly. Insensitives. Which I was very good at. Love a challenge.
Cons
Swapping staff about.
Boots
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire13 February 2018
It was ok until an American company took over. At the end of the day it was a job. Unfortunately as staff left they wouldn't be replaced so it made it difficult for us to be customer focused
Fun and friendly atmosphere
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire13 February 2018
A typical work experience day was enjoyable and have a good insight into working at this company. The management was very friendly and welcoming, and reasonable deadlines were set for the responsibilities given.
People were nice, job was pleasant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes12 February 2018
Job was nice, busy hard work, management were OK as management go not much defense of us ie customers could be as rude as they liked and were almost rewarded
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Late nights
Productive and safe environment to work at
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valley Park12 February 2018
I learned how to deal with customer and handle machinery that I haven’t experienced.Also I was taught how to stack and shelf items from the stock room and I managed to organise delivery coming into the stock room.
Great work experience was offered.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andover11 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The jobs we did were very enjoyable and i am sure they will help me in the future. My communication skills were able to improve and i have learned a lot from this work experience. The staff even did my makeup on one of the days, which turned out very nicely and i was even given some goodies at the end. Overall, it was a great experience and i hope to work for the company in the future.
fun workplace and amazing staff
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury10 February 2018
its amazing to just visit boots but you never know what its really like working there thats why i did a work experience and it was soo good. i loved working there as the staff was so nice and humble. Good work!!
i learned how to handle customers and how to stock products (Team Work)
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Wandsworth9 February 2018
Whilst i was there i was taught new things that i had not known about work. It had given me a real life experience into how difficult life could be, and what others have to deal with everyday. The other workers there were very supportive and would help my fellow applicants and I when ever we were at an impasse.
Pros
Experience, and the fact that we were not given anything to difficult
Cons
For someone new like me it was tiring working 9-5.
bad managment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire8 February 2018
badly managed low income i could not reccomend.
ecpected to work days and hours that you have not agreed too. not used my experience in thie job becuse it would offend the people who had worked there longer
Pros
staff dicount after a period of tim
Cons
low pay
Friendly workplace, everybody really helpful
Temporary contract (Former Employee) –  Halifax8 February 2018
Enjoyable job, working as a Christmas temp, unpacking goods from pallets in warehouse and stocking shelves, learnt H&S
Management were lovely, accommodating and approachable
Hardest part of job lifting heavy boxes
Enjoyable part taking pride in displaying goods and helping customers
Company provided free uniform and locker key
Online learning courses for H&S, Customer Service skills....which were completed before starting temp contract
Money paid weekly direct to bank account
Pros
Part time early morning start
Nice place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham7 February 2018
Boots is a nice place to work at and the hours you do are good. I worked over the busy Christmas period (2 months in total) and did 14 hours over the weekend. A typical day included operating and serving the customers on the main tills, serving and giving advice on No7 and Fragrance (not everyone did this bit) organising and putting out stock and getting orders for customers. The hardest part about the job was that you were extremely busy all day as it was the busy Christmas period (this will be different if its not Christmas time as when it calmed down after Christmas it wasn't that busy). The pay is good for young people as well.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Tiring day if very busy
Not the company it used to be
Optical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire7 February 2018
Boots Opticians (and Boots in general) used to be about quality and putting the customer first.
Boots has been in the media a lot over the past 2 years for negative reasons. Boots Opticians failed by being under staffed, causing certain tests to be missed and a child passing away due to a health issue being missed. Boots pharmacy has been in the media due to 3 customers dying as the wrong medication was given out, due to staffing issues.
Boots has also lied about its products and has been contacted by the trading standards agency due to this.
Boots pay an uncompetitive rate for salary and if you're in management, you have no job security. They hire externally 75% of the time and internal progression is non existent. They do not care or value their employees and focus solely on profit.
This has resulted in staff turnover across Boots to be extremely high.

Boots negative media presence is all public knowledge and can be found online.
Pros
Good discount on glasses
Cons
Short staffed, Too much pressure on staff, No praise
Enjoyable company to work for
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Romford6 February 2018
Working at Boots gives lots of opportunity to further personal skills. The environment is usually light hearted and friendly, and it is easy to quickly build up confidence in the work place.
Safe and advanced environment to work
Jambuster (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 February 2018
My role is to keep the automative machinery moving.
Full training is provided, but no any further opportunities to develop your skills. The salary is not competitive at all.
Nice company to work with
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Sunderland5 February 2018
The overall experience with Boots was good. The environment was nice and staffs were friendly. The only downside was, the placement was unpaid.
The pharmacists took time away from busy hours to teach me real practices in pharmacy which was good.
Good Company
Pharmacy Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London4 February 2018
Enjoyed working for the company.
Great opportunities,culture and management.
By yourself most of the day, have to be self motivated
Good rewards and work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.