Blue Arrow Employee Reviews

Good agency
"Argos" picker (Current Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire22 November 2017
Best agency in peterborough, good people working, good salary rates, always getting fast help, recommend to everyone work with this agency. The best!!
The work is enjoyable and productive
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London14 November 2017
I have worked in different places including hospitals, schools and restaurants and I also learnt different ways cooking and serving of food, Attending to customers, general cleaning of the kitchen and cooking utensils.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Minimum wage rate pay
Warehouse operative
Temp warehouse op (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 November 2017
2 languages spoken in warehouse, 1st is Polish, the other is bull.
Co workers scream at you when you have no instructions, no induction either but you are supposed to know.
Pros
You are paid sometimes
Cons
Clocking on
Food Production
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford8 November 2017
Time management,

Personal Hygiene,

Picking and packing manufactured foods for sale.

It was flexible and I was able to go for my studies while working.
Cons
I was opportune to work overtime
Part time worker
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim7 November 2017
Brilliant, suits my college time table. It allows me to gain money with something I enjoy, surrounded by lovely people and effective, helpful management.
Flexible but hard work and very short notice
Part time general catering assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire7 November 2017
Very short notice and not guaranteed work as it is an agency. Sometimes not enough hours given, agency workers seem to be delegated all the hard work wherever they are sent
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work not guaranteed
wasting time
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 November 2017
Never ever go to wok here. They give you work for one week, after they dont have. Three of my friend leaved the previous job for them and they finish in trouble in behalf of this comapany
Pros
nothing
Cons
looooong hours
Fun workplace friendly environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Oldham shaw23 October 2017
Packing customers items making sure the advice note matches the customers order. Very busy during Christmas. Overall friendly environment to work in nice staff and colleges.
Fun workplace
Silver Service Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 October 2017
I learnt a lot from the work I was doing and gained some skills, I even had the opitunity to meet and greet famous people.

I would love to do this kind of work again but earn more money
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
decent agency to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff10 October 2017
Although at times the work dries up,they will try and keep you ticking over with a couple of days work
never had an issue with wages after three months of working for them.
A few excellent companies to work for,but a few dodgy ones too,who exploit agency drivers.
But that's down to the company itself.
In my opinion agencies are good for a stop gap,but best to get back into a permanent job.
I recommend this agency one of the better ones out there
Pros
regular work and wages always fine
Cons
work does dry up from time to time
decent
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester9 October 2017
The pay is decent and the role was easy, however they fire people for no reason as soon as you a no longer needed. the management are quite unprofessional however, they are easy to get along with.
Something to survive by
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2017
Something to earn money with if desperate and earnings are generally minimum wage. Not the ideal job for a proper career advancement. It's advisable to look for other opportunities immediately you start working.
Awful waste of time and rude
Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Capita7 October 2017
project was delayed which was fine but I had to keep chasing up Blue Arrow myself to find out this information.

7 days into to project 5 People was let go as they had hired to many people for the projects budget waste of time and not professional.
Pros
Pay 1 hour lunch
Cons
Can be let go at any time regardless of how log project is for
non productive
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 October 2017
they never call for any kind of jobs. always quite. ever since I worked with them was from 2014 until today none of them call for work. they need to review the current worker records and make sure everyone of them is been allocated for jobs before adding new people in.
Pros
non
Cons
no shift
Blue Arrow Out of Hours
Out of hours consultant (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire29 September 2017
I worked with the out of hours team at blue arrow.

New manager was great, always there for support and I was always listened to. Also very big on change and new ideas.

Great for career development. I have justt moved to new department with same company
Pros
Long temporary contract
Cons
Always scope for development and promotion
Gran flexibilidad y ambiente de trabajo.
Catering a tiempo completo (Former Employee) –  Arrow, UK27 September 2017
Un gran trabajo que me permitió aprender inglés. Los distintos managers de la empresa permitían una adaptación al puesto de trabajo muy sencilla.
Flexible yet reliable
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire25 September 2017
I loved working for Blue Arrow, as rotas were decided on a weekly basis and availability could be updated weekly. This made working round a busy schedule very easy. It was good for me at the time i was working there, as they could offer me full time work or just a few shifts per week.
The hardest part of the job would be having to adapt to different working environments in all the different places you work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Sometimes not a lot of work available
productive and busy workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Shaw and Crompton, Greater Manchester24 September 2017
Overall good experience and busy work place and I gained many skills. Management were very friendly and understanding. The skills I gained were knowing how to handle heavy good the right way, also working with a time limit.
Call centre Runcorn- Blue Arrow
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire21 September 2017
I have left the contract after being lied to about hours of work. As previous people have commented from the Runcorn area no support from agency as well as the lies. And been told I am not entitled to my week in hand money!!!!!!!
Contact at Agency is very rude and condescending.

One star as wouldn't let me continue unless I rated.
Pros
None from blue arrow
Cons
Lies withheld wages
Flexible and Productive
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 September 2017
General Assistant
Quickly adapt to different organisation needs
As long as you carry out duties required of you, you are ok
I always get on the people I work with. Most of the people are nice
Not knowing whether you get another assignment when the one you are on is finished.
Pros
work on your own time
Cons
No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Arrow. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9