Bistrot Pierre Employee Reviews

Fast paced, exciting & a lot of room for progression!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough17 November 2017
Been with the company for a few month now and can honestly say that out of every hospitality company i have worked for this is by far the best. The hours can be long but the management really value their staff and their is never a boring day. The management dont stand and watch the staff struggle and are just as involved as any other member of staff on the floor.
Would definitely recommend bistrot as a place to work, their is plenty of opportunity for progression within the company.
Awful place to work full of bullies and unprofessional managers
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset11 November 2017
When working here as a young student I met some of the rudest people I had come across, they made me feel unwelcome and unwanted. They did a Good job at training for the first week that is but after that you're left to your own devices and not taken seriously when asking for help. I worked long shifts from 10-5 without a break and was 17 at the time, it was exhausting! Pay wasn't great it was slightly above minimum wage although tips were sometimes good. Managers showed favouritism and were totally unprofessional with the way they treated some of the young staff. Overall this job made me dread work and i often ended up panicking in the staff room- Which wasn't great when I had college work to deal with too!
Pros
Tips
Cons
No breaks long hours nasty staff
Poor managment and understaffed
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 October 2017
The company itself it a beautiful company and it is really easy in terms of picking up the menus, the drinks on offer and the structure of service. However, the overwhelming problem at more than one of the Bistrot Pierre branches is the poor management, alongside the high turnover of staff due to this very reason. Management bully and abuse younger members of staff, using 16-17 year olds, placing them on closes (which is illegal) with no means of transport home. Moreover, management take 50% of the tips, alongside working on minimum wage. You are not provided with an end time, and dare you ask... Finally, as a part time job it is not flexible, nor is it enjoyable.
Kényelmes éttermi munkahely
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bath, Anglia24 September 2017
Francia - angol étterem, ahol sikerült par francia szót elsajátítanom.
Why?
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Stockton Heath, Cheshire1 April 2017
Why work here? With their policy that doest pay.I ploughed my way through abandoned pots efficiently only to be told not quick enough.
In a nut shell the harder and faster you work the less you get paid, being more productive should have perks not penalties.
Very little scope for advancing , glad to have left its a chance to find a genuine career in hospitality
Pros
Tips
Cons
Lack of hours and career progression
Could be so much better if managed correctly
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon28 January 2017
A nice restaurant to work for but the staff turnover is crazy, people would start and quit within a few weeks so we were always understaffed. The hours were annoying as we were always sent our rota the day before the new week, it could be Sunday 11pm and we would just find out our hours for the next day which is ridiculous for planning your life. Not once did I ever receive a break working there when I was legally entitled to. The split shifts were unfair, there were days I'd work from breakfast lunch and dinner and I'd still be sent home later than someone doing just a dinner shift. There was never any set hours of who finished when.
The tips were good but they are divided between the management, waiters and chefs so not as much as you would get in other restaurants.
It has so much potential to be great but some things really flaw Le bistrot pierre, if the management took time to listen to their workers and act upon these things it would really help them.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Split shifts, poor management
Awful place to work, truly disgusting
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Altrincham31 December 2016
They employ teenagers so that they can pay £4 an hour. Didn't get enough training so we were just thrown in the deep end and expected to know what to do. We didn't receive regular breaks meaning I was doing a 6pm-1am shift with no rest.

If we missed the last train/met we were expected to get a taxi when only getting paid £4 an hour. No interest in staff safety whatsoever.

Staff room was tiny and always a mess. Toilet bins overflowed constantly and the door had broken so there was no privacy. Empty bottles and cigarette packets were all over the place. The basket with dirty washing was always overflowing meaning dirty washing was all over the floor and it smelt

Managers were rude and didn't help, I received no reply with my resignation and am still waiting to be paid £70 for the work I had done

Work was really full on and definitely not worth the £4 an hour. They really took advantage of our age
Cons
Long hours, awful pay
Great company
Waiter and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Harrogate7 September 2016
Great place to work, the team both front of house and back of house are amazing. The management are easy to talk to if you have any problems.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long days