Berry Recruitment Employee Reviews

not good
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  Surrey21 February 2018
There not organized never have work for you overall a bad company you can go weeks without getting a phone call for work they expect you to travel to far places when they haven't given the work for weeks and you have no money to get anywhere it's a bad agency and I would advise no one to work there
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enough hours
Working as a sub contractor
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Sutton19 February 2018
I have worked as a sub contractor for this company for at least 10 years in various roles but mainly as a driver. The work opportunities are immense. The types of industry has been very varied, from building and construction, courier parcel deliveries, foodstuffs, white goods, home furniture and removals.
The staff are friendly and helpful. The interview was in depth and engaging, the experience was invaluable and I learned to interact with people in solving problems for companies needs, requirements, desires and goals.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff. Wages always paid weekly and on time.
Cons
Third party umbrella company taking percentage of wages.
Excellent Recruitment Company
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear12 February 2018
I have worked for 2 national agencies as a Consultant and Berry by far have the best training and Head Office resources. The culture is very friendly and supportive giving you the tools to run a successful desk.
Brilliant Company
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset1 February 2018
Been working for the company for three months I what was meant to be three weeks but has rolled on. I found that they are always available and always very helpful. Vicki Kirk at Exeter is probably one of the best, most helpful and friendly Rec. Agents I have worked with so far in my career, finding me a brilliant client to work for even with my specific skill set so much that I would recommend her to most jobseekers within the Exeter/ Taunton area. I Never had any proper issues with Berry at all for that matter...
Pros
Helpful, friendly, no salary payment stall or issue
Cons
Maybe need to cover the benefits and detail of contract a bit better eg. holiday entitlement, salary rise may be handy too 😉
enjoyable
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beckenham, Greater London31 January 2018
enjoyed this position nothing outstanding but it was an enjoyable position to have. Wasn't too excited about the manager running the office as she was a little skittish and enjoyed a smoke at her desk which I thought was unprofessional and I am not sure how she got away with it. The internal staff were fantastic to work with as were the staff I placed.
Not good
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham24 January 2018
Just another recruitment agencies. A poor one to boot. You should be ok as long as you never need to deal with the agency staff though. But given the archaich way they administer their employees, that would be extremely unlikely.
Pros
Cons
poor rates of ay, poor management, poor communication, poor training and induction process
Moved around too much too appreciate
Self employed 7.5 tonne driver (Former Employee) –  Sutton10 January 2018
Overall the people who work for Berry recruitment were friendly and helpful . I was moved on a regular basis and a lot of the had too settle for van work which impacted on my income just looking for more structured and with a chance for a greater wage capacity
typical recruitment agency
Agency Chef (Former Employee) –  Stafford3 January 2018
called or emailed daily with jobs available. weekly pay, sometimes petrol milage was paid. plenty of hours available with varying roles.
delay in paying you holiday pay when you leave the agency. took 4 weeks to get final holiday pay.
Good and easy to get on with
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Lee-on-the-Solent18 December 2017
Team works well and always made sure i had work. The few months i was with them i had no issuse with them. When work was low with one job they were quick to find me other work.
Take the biscuit !!
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire5 December 2017
Basically if your foreign you have a better chance of getting along the staff at Berry for some reason. They text you with work but if you can't make it then it's an issue. Staff at Berry look down their nose and have no understanding for people. They send you all over the place and think you have the money for taxis left right and center lol. Not worth the time if half your small wages 7.05 is spent on public travel lol Wind up . I'd recommend drivers for this job
Pros
Sometimes get a lift but you have to travel to Warrington lol
Cons
Very small wage
Workplace
Worker (Former Employee) –  Warrington21 November 2017
Was good at times when jobs were close to home but had to travel miles to get to some jobs

Some jobs were good one job I turned up at 6am in the snow to be told they dont need me
Pros
Flexabile hours
Cons
Driveing for miles and hours
Easy work to find, flexible
Silver Service Waiter (Former Employee) –  Warrington17 November 2017
Easy work to find, the hours can be flexible - if you are too picky though not many jobs to do. Sometimes the staff can be rude. A lot of the time working weekends as well. Can make new friends in the process though.
Pros
Flexible if necessary
Railway worker
Train Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Various11 October 2017
Worse company ever to work for. Wages short, arrogant management. Will put you in an umbrella company for wages to increase their profit. No respect for people.
Pros
Cons
No concern for employees
Bad managment
Bar Person (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire3 October 2017
Run by people that don't know what they are doing. Sent me to wrong places to work, very unorganized...................................................
Great people to work for and very reasonable
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 September 2017
My time working here was short but a great experience working with good and different people. Very reasonable, very kind and understanding would reccomend anyone to apply if in need of a job
Poor health and safety, bad agency
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire25 August 2017
The worst agency I ever worked with. Using like donkeys. You have no right to speak. Bad agency management....yo don't even know where you're working tomorrow.
Pros
Cons
Risky, physicaly demanding
variable place to work
Kitchen Assistant/ Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 August 2017
Great team, helpful good service but only short term temporary work.
Easy to register, proper weekly pay.I only had a part time jobs true them.Would recomend
Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Work Experience25 July 2017
I worked at Berry Recruitment as work experience in Secondary School, got to learn recruiting for two weeks and the people were great, would definitely recommend working there
friendly
Covering for the Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire12 July 2017
nice company to work for
good location
easy to get to
sandwich van daily
dress down Friday
Fun and Productive environment
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London10 July 2017
having worked there for 6 months I really enjoyed the environment and challenge. I was working with a really good manager who really understood that micromanagement is not the way forward but allowing people to progress naturally and with all the support required to progress.

The hardest part of the job was leaving the role as unfortunately I was approached by known people for an opportunity otherwise I would have stayed.
Pros
Great people, fun environment
Cons
commission structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berry Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.