Berry Recruitment Employee Reviews

Railway worker
Train Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Various11 October 2017
Worse company ever to work for. Wages short, arrogant management. Will put you in an umbrella company for wages to increase their profit. No respect for people.
Pros
Cons
No concern for employees
Great people to work for and very reasonable
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 September 2017
My time working here was short but a great experience working with good and different people. Very reasonable, very kind and understanding would reccomend anyone to apply if in need of a job
Poor health and safety, bad agency
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire25 August 2017
The worst agency I ever worked with. Using like donkeys. You have no right to speak. Bad agency management....yo don't even know where you're working tomorrow.
Pros
Cons
Risky, physicaly demanding
variable place to work
Kitchen Assistant/ Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 August 2017
Great team, helpful good service but only short term temporary work.
Easy to register, proper weekly pay.I only had a part time jobs true them.Would recomend
Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Work Experience25 July 2017
I worked at Berry Recruitment as work experience in Secondary School, got to learn recruiting for two weeks and the people were great, would definitely recommend working there
friendly
Covering for the Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire12 July 2017
nice company to work for
good location
easy to get to
sandwich van daily
dress down Friday
Fun and Productive environment
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London10 July 2017
having worked there for 6 months I really enjoyed the environment and challenge. I was working with a really good manager who really understood that micromanagement is not the way forward but allowing people to progress naturally and with all the support required to progress.

The hardest part of the job was leaving the role as unfortunately I was approached by known people for an opportunity otherwise I would have stayed.
Pros
Great people, fun environment
Cons
commission structure
WAITER (Former Employee) –  Stafford8 July 2017
Lack of opportunities to work locally. Lack of constant availability to work every weekend . Would of preferred to work at one place every week so it became a habit
Cons
Travelling
Disgracfull
Relief Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire1 June 2017
The office manager at Warrington was very unprofessional and rude to Agents and clients would often say the same often asked to drive for over an hour to an assignment which would last 5 hours supposed to be minimum of six steer clear of this company.
Good jobs
Production team member on a robotic spray line (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk1 June 2017
Was a good company when i first started but due mlto my housing oroblems i gad i was threatened with my job. Tried talking to staff but got no help from them at all. Poor management
Good for getting work, though you might get swamped with shifts
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire17 May 2017
Good for getting you work quickly. This may be the ideal job for you if you are a student in college or university with plenty of evening and weekend shifts available.

The variety of work is quite good. Some are nice enjoyable shifts, especially the weekend shifts when a team of you goes to an event and helps out. (though beware of grumpy 'stressed out managers spoiling it) Other work isn't very pleasant, you may end up stacking trays and throwing away rubbish for 6 hours without doing any thing else. A lot of the week during the work is just 'Potwash' though you may get a chance to cook and serve customers..

Great for topping up an income and for young people to gain valuable work experience.. Can't make a career out of it.
Pros
Plenty of work, nice food for lunch, often free
Cons
Get texted all the time, busy weeks, some clients lovely, some clients horrible
Busy.
Events staff (Current Employee) –  Cardiff3 May 2017
Good team happy to help newbies, Good management very helpful, Organised. Well informed and helpful management. I would recommend them for anyone looking to boost hours.
poor
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire3 May 2017
They have a side company pay the wages and you have to fill out time sheets every week, you can work the exact same hours every week but pay will always be different. You also have to pay a fee to the side company to actually get paid. Probably the worst agency to work for. Leeches
Rude and they phone you when at the job and get very shirty when not answering the phone.
Pros
Cons
The wages. The mass amounts of paper work they ask you to fill out.
They advertise jobs that are not there
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire4 April 2017
I registered with berry recruitment and was told I could start work the next day (sounds good) after filling out all the paperwork they told me they will contact me later on that day and does it matter what time they called. Of course I said call any time as I needed the work but that call never happened a week went past and still no call but they kept advertising jobs in my area that i applied for. So I called the berry recruitment and asked why I hadn't been called and they said that employer is no longer interested in hiring and I said to them but your advertising the job but it's not available. He just replied it's the end of the tax year and companies are reluctant to hire. Another couple of weeks went by and still no call so I called up again I asked about work and he told me no one is hiring at the moment it's gone all quite so I told him to dispose of all of my details and information and he became rude. Berry recruitment signs up lots of people to make it look good to employers that they have loads of people looking for work but they don't care about employee. Very disappointed
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
False advertising
Shocking and disgusting lacklustre attitude towards people. AVOID
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire and Birmingham8 March 2017
Avoid these charmless idiots at all costs and go elsewhere. All they do is mess people about and to be honest, the staff need to go on a people awareness course. The attitude towards people is nothing short of disgusting and I only regret having found these people to start with. Come on employers, advertise direct and do away with agencies.
Never again will I use these amateur incompetent people. A lot of the jobs do not exist any longer but they don't tell you. This is to get you onto their books and I'm frankly amazed how they make any money at all. When I go self employed I will make sure that I treat all my staff fairly and speak to them in a manner that you address another human being. They show zero respect.

AVOID AVOID AVOID.
Look at all the bad reviews.....we can't all be wrong.
Pros
It's easy to get out the building quickly
Cons
Everything bad you can imagine
Stay away
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Waltham Cross, Essex1 March 2017
The HR will protect the company, not you, in case something happens. If there are problem that arise, you will be ignored. If you want to work for them, work but look for something that pays better.
Pros
Cons
Berry Recruitment
ok
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2017
I would have to say this was good job. I was manufacturing disposable medical plastics. It was ok, very good very nice. I worked in a factory and learnt new skills
Non existent vacancies.
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Harold Wood, Greater London4 February 2017
The usual run of the mill agency which advertises fantastic opportunities, gets you in to register, disclose whole areas of your personal life, puts you forward for the job, and low and behold two days later, their client has decided not to continue with the vacancy, in reality the job never existed in the first place, they just need high volumes of people on their books before they look for roles. This is a practice that most recruitment agencies engage in, you need to be capful about wasting your time with merchants like these.
Fully flexible
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire28 January 2017
Working for Berry Catering, I learnt to adapt to a changing environment and improved my social skills by having to quickly make relationships with colleagues. As it was agency work with a 0 hours contract, you were able to choose when and where you worked. You are required to message your availability for the week by Sunday evening and then the agency sent messages about work that came up asking if you're able to do it, times, place and uniform required. The most difficult part of the job, for me, was not knowing how the place of business I was to be working at was run. As a student though, it was great being able to choose when I worked as it fitted well around my studies.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, flexibility, good pay
Cons
Need to be able to get to different locations of work, willing to travel
Worst Company Ever
Performance Improvement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Herne Hill15 January 2017
Worked for them for a short period on a railway contract, before finding a more secure long term job elsewhere
Was threatened and abused for leaving, from a senior recruitment consultant, Who I will be reporting to jobcentre staff, whom he recruits through.
Pros
Cons
Abysmal Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berry Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9