Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Terrible
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 February 2018
Worst place i’ve worked.
Purely a sales brand, the company or management couldn’t care less about staff or customers.
The makeup is terrible, benefits way or the highway.
No room for creativity or anyone who wants to peruse any sort of career in makeup.
Extremely pushy with targets as that’s all they care about, how much money they’re making. Complete lack of compassion from the whole company.
Extremely disorganised as a business, waited 3 months after i’d been told i got the job until I was actually on shift, was then placed on a counter with another brand new girl with no training for two months.
Constant performance reviews.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, too pushy with targets, lack of compassion from management, unorganised, awful makeup
Awful place overall
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex1 February 2018
Management are so rude to the staff, you’re treated like a slave and constantly spoken down too. The staff turn over is ridiculous. I was there 6months and I didnt work with the same people for more than 2 months. Every lunch break I searched frantically for new jobs. I suffered major anxiety from that work place. Make complaint after complaint and boots just turned a blind eye. NEVER WORK IN CRAWLEY BENEFIT. Area manager is a stuck up cow. All they care about is money. Also, the makeup is rubbish!
Pros
Boots pay is very good
Cons
Long hours, exhausting, pressured, low moral everywhere
Ok place to work but a few issues.
Make-up Consultant (Former Employee) –  London18 January 2018
I easy to get commission when working for benefit as customers were normally quite nice and I found it easy to sell the benefit products to the right types of people.
The management were not very good, very bad communication between management and staff. No real direction as we were also paid by Boots so different messages were constantly given. No consistency.
Colour and product range was very restricted so could not advise or help every customer who approached the brand.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Lack of communication, restrictive products.
Ideal and fun place to work
host (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames12 January 2018
I enjoyed working at benefit, my typical day at work was to up-sell products, preform makeovers, and keep the makeup counter tidy. I improved on my confidence in approaching customers, this benefits me in my day-to-day life. I also learnt a lot about makeup which I really enjoyed learning about. Makeup is one of my interests and I would love to advance in this area. The hardest part of the job was to manage all the customers during the busy Christmas period but I enjoyed the thrill of it.
Pros
Job hours
Cons
When times weren't busy, finding jobs to do
Hard work in account manager role
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 January 2018
Very taxing and long hours with little bonuses or salary benefit. The sale targets and aspirational appointment numbers were near impossible to reach due to store locations and little praise would be given by store or team when targets were reached.
Benefit is the worst company I have ever worked for!..
benefit brow expert (Former Employee) –  Essex14 December 2017
Loser management.don't get to do the job you are employed to do. all about meeting targets. If you want a job in makeup or brows, look elsewhere.
Lots of paperwork. Negative feedback to staff.
Forced to push products onto customer's.
Traffic stopping continually
If you fit in your ok
Beauty Therapist (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London4 December 2017
Personally, it was not the right environment for me. I found the trainer who I worked with unwilling to teach and also did not know how to amend lesson to fit around dyslexic people. Although, the girls were lovely and made me feel welcome.
Pros
1hr lunch and lovely girls
Cons
management
terrible place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oxford Street9 November 2017
During my time at benefit i have no progressed even though i voiced that i wanted to. The managers do not care for their staff they just care about making money. They don't appreciate their staff in anyway shape or form and thats why it has such a high turn over of staff
Pros
my team
Cons
long hours, not enough money, expect everything from you give nothing back
Not the best
Brow expert (Former Employee) –  Kent7 November 2017
I worked here a s a brow expert and left before my probation period ended. The interview is misleading as to how much pressure you receive to meet targets and approach anyone in stores to persuade to get brow treatments. I did enjoy the make up side more and had excellent colleagues but unfortunately didn’t succeed or agree with their target basis. If you feel comfortable pushing sales/treatments upon anyone it’s for you, if you don’t agree with this do not apply, I personally wouldn’t recommend to anyone. It has unfortunately put me off the beauty/make up industry which I am passionate about since my experience.
Awful
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 October 2017
awful, would not recommend anyone for work for such a company with no job security, no employee treatment, benefits. Sales driven pressurising overall not a nice company to work for

Want to know more about Benefit Cosmetics?

Ask a question
Fun work place
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire18 October 2017
My experience at Benefit was made by the girls I worked with, it was excellent fun. However as a company they encourage you to be yourself and have fun with the role. I did not find this whilst working there- deadlines and meeting targets were a must and selling techniques that the company teach you are a must. Bringing your own touch to the way you sell wasn't an option as certain language and dialogue had to be used.
The staff there are lovely and can not fault the people I worked with, but as a brand that encourages girls to embrace themselves and encourage female empowerment this was not shown or seen to me within the job role. It felt very forced and felt as though customer needs weren't accounted for but sales were the main focus point
Pros
friendly staff, free make up, training
Cons
long hours, strict deadlines and targets, constant performance reviews
fun workplace but no appreciation
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London10 October 2017
I enjoy working for benefit as i enjoy communicating with people on a daily basis and making them satisfied however some changes have been changed which is outside of my contract, for instance paperwork, stock take, and ordering. As there is only me on weekends, a lot of theft is taken place which stops me from doing makeovers and making sales. i believe this should be reflected in my pay however they refuse to give any more but if they did i would happily stay.
Pros
working with makeup
Cons
no team or manager.
Worst Place I've Worked
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire5 October 2017
No integrity or ethics.

Worst place I've worked, no wonder the turnover rate is so high.
Company cares more about sales than customers or employees.

Wasn't understanding at all when family member passed away.

Would never recommend anyone to get a job with Benefit, wish I had listened to a friend who warned me about it.
Management treat you awful
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  South West26 September 2017
Area managers are nothing but horrible and condescending. You try your best but it is never good enough. Manager didn't even thank me on last day or give any praise regardless of exceeding expectations. Lack of professionalism is prevalent in this company and products are tacky. Do not waste your time here, staff turnover is high due to ridiculous pressure and targets.
Pros
free makeup
Cons
area manager is awful, products are bad, pay is bad
Stressful!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 September 2017
For me, Benefit was not a good place to work at all, it was very stressful, I felt that I was treated very badly at times and often patronized by management. Workplace is very unprofessional.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Never work for this company
Brow expert (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey13 September 2017
The worst mistake of my life. Management are absolutely disgraceful and not a clue what's going on. Have been taken complete advantage of and used. The people at the store I work with overall are nice but my area manager and regional manager are nothing but rude arrogant women! I'd be very surprised if anyone lasted longer than I did(a year) only stayed this long for money but every lunch and every day I left I tried to find another job. I couldn't deal with facing anyone even the fake trainer! The makeup is awful and I always make sure no one buys the rubbish oily foundation. Everything is overpriced and looks incredibly tacky!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Absolutely everything
fun workplace
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Sussex10 September 2017
Fun workplace with a good hourly rate. Tough on targets and goals, lots of pressure but also very good company to work for. Beauty manager on benefit has always been very good.
Pros
hourly rate
Cons
pressure for targets by management
Account manager
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire6 September 2017
- Ownership over branch performance and ensuring all targets are achieved.
- Inputting all sales data into the daily sales sheet and weekly sales report.
- Use Excel to schedule staff rota on a monthly basis and completing general admin duties; including responding to emails, sending sales reports to management and calculating commission.
- Handling customer complaints and providing a solution that works for all parties involved.
- Analyse business performance, identifying trends and opportunities for increased sales.
Don't do it.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire5 September 2017
There's a reason this place always has jobs going. The staff turnover is ridiculous. Put grievance in against the company and Boots ignore all the staffs pleas for help also. DO. NOT. DO. IT.
Pros
Absolutely none. Their makeup is rubbish not even worth having for free.
Cons
Takes over your life. Management are arrogant, obnoxious wannabes and this company genuinely stole 18 months of my life from me (more fool me).
Busy
Make Up Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex3 September 2017
Good door into the industry, but alot of approaching people and i would say more about selling than makeup. A bit too much pushing for me but depends on what you want from the job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benefit Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.