Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good
Auxiliary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire11 July 2017
Good place to work, really rewarding, but after many years I'm ready for a change and would like a new different career.
A job that is not as many working hours and something that fits round my family life.
Fun workplace
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire19 January 2017
Since starting in 2011 I have learned a lot from BDGH. Including being a nursing auxiliary to Administration. I have gained lots of experience with patients and colleagues.
Pros
Excellent hours and place to work
Cons
Working xmas
Boring with not a lot of work to do
Admin Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Barnsley12 September 2016
I work 37.5 hours a week Monday - Friday. Daily, I do general office duties, answer phone calls and reply to e-mails. I find this boring as this is not a heavy workload or a challenging workload. With my experience I have learned how to use our NLMS and ESR intranet sites. This is used when booking people to attending courses. My manager is really good and efficient. If you need something sorting then I know that it would be sorted right away. My manager is also very encouraging to the team and pushes us all to attend training courses and complete certifications. The hardest part of the job would be answering certain phone calls as sometimes I am not able to answer them as I don't know the answer. For example, I received a phone call the other day from someone who wanted to book in some Project Griffin Training. I had never heard of this so I had to pass the phone call on to a colleague. I enjoy working with people I really get along with.
Pros
The staff all get along
Cons
Boring and repetitive
Fun place to work and fair
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnsley15 February 2016
I have always been happy working at this hospital, it has been a fun workplace to work. This hospital provides stability, fairness to all its staff at all times. It also is a family friendly hospital.
Productive and fine workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Barnsley7 January 2016
I really enjoy volunteering at Barnsley Hospital because it gives me the opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people. I have gained a lot of confidence since I started volunteering, and I want to explore more volunteering opportunities to help me shape my future.