Barclays Employee Reviews

Found 1,310 reviews matching the search
Thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Customer advisor- Central Telephony Support (Former Employee) –  Coventry19 September 2017
Great Training. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Great balance of work and fun time. Totally enjoyed my time there. Great shame the call centre closed
Good learning experience
AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands18 September 2017
Overall the company is a good place to work for and there are multiple opportunities for role advancement in diverse environments.

There is good work/home life balance as well as well as a good culture during working hours.
short staffed
Essential Banker (Current Employee) –  Essex18 September 2017
busy and demanding, never enough staff. the customers are very demanding. not enough training. the team are great and work really hard, they also have your back.
Pros
great team
Cons
short staffed
Productive and progressive
Senior Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central18 September 2017
Barclays is a very organised and supportive place to work in the company itself has an amazing framework and foundation to grow with. The managers have been truly picked to show experience and dillegince in dealing with teams.
Barclays
Senior Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central18 September 2017
I would walk into the building and sign in ready to speak to customers to help them with there difficulties. doing account summaries on there current account and loan information. completing full income and expenditures then advising the customer of there different options and what they think would be best as well as giving them advice of the pros and cons. we would have to stick to a structure to complete the job to its highest standard as are calls are marked by quality assurance.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Breaks are monitored - not long enough
Fun
Assistant Chef (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf16 September 2017
I worked at Barclays Capital as an apprentice chef and enjoyed the learning journey. I would love to be part of the team again. Everyone is friendly and wonderful to work with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
expensive journey traveling from home to work
This is a very good place to do work experence
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands14 September 2017
I would recommend this place for work experence becuase you gain a lot of knowledge in the working enviornment. Also very friendly staff and good customer service to customers
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short lunch
Great place
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 September 2017
Fun atmosphere
Great people
Diverse
Great culture
Great place to learn new skills
Management are easy to approach
Great gym membership
A varied fun place to work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Canterbury14 September 2017
This was my first job when I left school.
I was trained and well looked after.
I made a steady progression up the work ladder.
At the time it was an amazing place to work.
Good bank to work for
PMO (Current Employee) –  London13 September 2017
Good work life balance. Management can vary depending on which department you work in however the variety of work is usually diverse, fast paced and challenging environment offering unique learning opportunities.
Pros
Flexible working
ok place
Essential Banker (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire13 September 2017
ok place to work. nice colleagues and environment. Alot of standing and lack of fun culture. Advice would be to rotate roles amongst employees. great on the cv.
Fun
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Golders Green13 September 2017
I didn't work at Barclays but i done my work experience there.
People that work there are really friendly. I was allowed to be in business meetings and also at the front welcoming customers.
Nice workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paddington, Greater London13 September 2017
It was a difficult place but i learnt a lot when sitting down and learning how to engage with customers and then actually interacting with customers and this helped me build my confidence and communication skills.
Pros
lunch for an hour, see inside the bank
Cons
Only worked in one small department
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Poole12 September 2017
Very ad-hoc team and target driven. Not true reflection of working for Barclays. Very diis-organised at times and lack of communication. good opportunities to develop but not in the best environment.
Pros
independant working and strong values
Cons
lack of management development
Poor Management
Essential Banker (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire11 September 2017
Daily tasks included cash management, delivering customer messages and preforming investigations into potential money laundering. Poor management made those tasks harder and made adhering to rules and regulations very difficult.
Pros
customers can be nice
Cons
long hours, nonnegotiable over time, lack of support from managers, half an hour lunch when contracted an hour, work saturdays
Good but not great
Decision Maker (Current Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire11 September 2017
Not great but not bad. Very frustrating place to work, could be so much better. Salary within my role is less than others who do the exact same level of complaints. Makes you feel undervalued and used. Having said that it has a great bonus structure that if you're good at what you do you can really benefit from. Difficult to move up although they get you to do so much more work above your pay grade and pass it off as development
i loved it here
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford Hill10 September 2017
i was on work experience in Barclay's and i really enjoyed my time there. The work i was given was fairly simple and i wasn't treated like a child. i got given real work and i learnt much more about the business, i recommend working here.
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
the do not employ under 25's
Productive Fun Workplace
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge10 September 2017
Despite the weather being a challenge it was fun handing out flyers to people. This built my confidence and also helped me start a conversation with a client.
CDD/Guidance and Quality Business Partner (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 September 2017
Great place to work and the jobs feel secure
Fabulous company benefits
Offer flexible/Dynamic working
Lots of career options available
Great London location
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
N/a
A busy and customer orientated experience
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barking8 September 2017
Work experience undertaking various Bank branch duties and helping customers and staff with tasks such as Cashier / till duties and customer service at the Banking Hall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.