Barclays Employee Reviews

Excellent learning
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire10 November 2017
Excellent learning and Growth. Great place to work.

New technologies
Challenging assignments
Proactive attitude
good colleagues
great projects to work on.
Great environment
Business Manager (Assistant Vice President) (Former Employee) –  Clapham Junction, Greater London6 November 2017
Barclays lead the way in terms of skills development and mentoring. I worked with several senior stakeholders during my time there and ultimately moved on to mentoring several junior members of staff myself. Their core values encourage success in the right way, supporting community initiatives and investing in people wherever possible.
A good first job in finance
Senior Agent (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 November 2017
I enjoyed working at Barclays, mostly for the friendly, supportive environment they fostered. Throughout my time on the call centre side of the business, me and my colleagues were called upon to do a lot to keep service levels down and we were always under intense pressure. However, I found working in other parts of the business were quite rewarding.
Great place to work and build interpersonal skills
Community Banker- ● Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eagle5 November 2017
a very organised working environment, where you re given a chance to explore new banking environments from a broad range of departments. This role allows you immerse yourself with colleges and customers from different backgrounds and cultures.
The high footfall and shifting of different technologies in a short period of time an be challenging however you are given ample help from management.
overall a great place to learn and build yourself up for the next role you may choose.
Standard
Corporate Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford4 November 2017
Hectic
Adaptation
Ruthless
Old boy culture
Getting higher management to make decisions or act. Many too frightened to act (this was a long time (ago)
Hitting targets
Pros
Pay
Cons
Insecure
learnt so much
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf4 November 2017
amazing workplace and building to be in, gained a lot of knowledge on what to expect from an office environment and the difference tasks needed to be done by workers on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
complex work
Career Orrientated.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hexham1 November 2017
Liked my job as a cashier at Barclays but very hard to move up the ladder. Poor management due to my reason for leaving but an all round good customer involvement role.
Pros
fun
Cons
management
I like the bank itself but not some the staff.
Essential Banker (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend1 November 2017
Worked at Barclays as a temp. I enjoyed the open banking environment. The atmosphere was very stagnant. Management certainly had their favourites. The branch manager was nice but had head in clouds half the time. Was referred to as a temp. Not very welcoming. Made to feel like a criminal if till wasn't balanced. The staff didn't make any real effort to get to know me, after all, i was a 'temp'. Remember, Barclay's staff, banking is about reputation, so being miserable and having a 'just get it done attitude' may affect your job in the long run.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Rude management
One of the better ones, but not that great
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  London 1CP31 October 2017
The company had decent group of people to work with, except for some unpleasant people (but then that would be the case everywhere), good culture. However frequent reorg not so healthy
Pros
Good office location, cafeteria
Cons
Frequent desk moving
A very good employer
Ranging from junior role to middle management (Former Employee) –  Haywards Heath, West Sussex31 October 2017
Learnt back office duties, progressing from junior roles to middle management in Lending.

Training is of the highest standard that I have ever encountered with in house and external courses.

Being proud of my achievements but hard work proving that I was more than capable of promotion without banking exams.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
High pressure, high targets
Good
Settlement Expert (Former Employee) –  POOLE UK30 October 2017
Worked hard. The experiences are very developmental training growth maturity and management. Account and similar to jp morgan experiences....Very rewarding and great
Later
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff26 October 2017
Happy times spent here sorry to leave, good people to work for, great hours wish redundancy hadnt happened but life goes on will be looking for change of career possibly HGV
nice atmosphere fast paced
Customer Service Advisor (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 October 2017
very busy but good atmosphere, always something going on around you but at same time work related. dealing with customer queries and resolving these. at the same time looking at ways to improve customer experience with products we can offer
Pros
good shifts
Cons
n/a
Not an ideal job
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 October 2017
Although I worked for the company for many years (approximately 14 in total) I was glad when I was told my role had been made redundant and I was placed on 3 months garden leave as desperately needed a change.

I did not believe the way the company was going and the way management were treating their staff was an ideal way of working, as they didn't seem to care much about the staff they were dealing with.
Pros
Able to add this onto my CV as experience
Cons
Everything else
Boring repetitive tasks
Essential Banker (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk24 October 2017
Staying in a zone aiding customers use machines. The training I received was all online and pretty useless in preparing you for the role. I learnt a lot about general banking practices. Hardest part of the job was managing customer expectations when we experienced technical issues with the machinery. Most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with the customers who were most of the times very nice.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
very boring
Easy work
Case Advisor / Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough23 October 2017
Never had an easier job, enjoyed my time working there and the people I worked with mostly, had agreed to be a team leader with my team leader at the time but never followed through due to involvement from others.
Pros
Simple work
Cons
Dishonest
good workplace
Banking Hall Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield23 October 2017
good work place
good colleagues
positive environment
busy work place
staff are nice
pay could be better
not always easy to progress -if in branch
Nice environment
cashiers, floor staff (Former Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester22 October 2017
For work experience this was a great place to be. Very engaging and they seemed keen to get young people into work. Nice staff and great training in all areas.
Barclays Global Investors
Senior Platform Engineer (Former Employee) –  Blackrock19 October 2017
Former asset management arm of Barclays now part of Blackrock. Great place to work with talented people. Funding levels of a much larger firm without too much politics
HR Administrator
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London18 October 2017
Working as an HR Administrator at Barclays has been a wonderful experience. I worked very closely with HR Generalist and help prepare and assist their case loads,
Pros
Fantastic team
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.