Barclays Employee Reviews

A bank with a good internal culture focusing on customer experiences and making lives easier
Commercial Manager AVP (Former Employee) –  London18 January 2018
A global bank with a good internal structure, a strong focus on doing what is right for the customer. Only negative is due to the size of the organisation can often be difficult in securing resource to get initiatives off the ground.
Negative overall
Complaint Handler (Former Employee) –  Northwest18 January 2018
My day was in the main part self managed. I was given a casework allocation and would be expected to successfully work and close eight cases in a day, although this could be frequently unobtainable. The higher management of the department frequently changed but were seldom seen. Each new head bringing in a new 'vision' and 'journey' for us all as a path for what was in the most part a means to achieve their own personal ambitions. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the changes each new head brought which never made the job easier for the people who had to actually do it.
Anyone who has worked there will tell you the best part of Barclays was the people, the people that you worked with and the friendships that you forged. Unfortunately, the best part of a job should be more than just the people.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
pressure from management
Good
Business Analyst / Team Leader / Consultant (Current Employee) –  London18 January 2018
Working on projects, I am able just to provide a review on this subject. As a contracting company, it is good. Work-life balance is amazing. But there is a limit for development
Pros
Good for contracting
Cons
Simple staff
Good
Repayment advisor (Former Employee) –  Kirby, Merseyside17 January 2018
The bonus culture and pay was high in comparison to other non qualified jobs. However, shift patterns were difficult with a young family and constantly changing.
poor management
Essential Banker (Former Employee) –  Suffolk16 January 2018
No opportunity to progress. Poor management
My advice to you look further, not a good company to work for if you care for your health or to progress
Bank Cashier (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom16 January 2018
It is a good place to work and does look good on your CV however it is very hard to progress within a bank these days, many people go in to the bank expecting it to be a quick stepping stone to moving up the ladder but this isn't always the case.
Pros
Lots of perks for working at Barclays, private health care, bank holidays, good holiday entitlement etc
Cons
Not easy to progress anymore
Good employers
Debit card service advisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry16 January 2018
Telephony based role, providing excellent customer service to Barclays customers calling regarding Debit Card issues and queries.

I found it very satisfying investigating and solving customers issues or complaints at first point resolution where possible.

The work is driven by high standards to reach goals and reduce service level and to give the customer the best level of care.

I enjoyed working with the staff and colleagues. They made going to work fun.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Rotational Shifts
HIgh workloads, lack of resources, high stress.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire16 January 2018
It is difficult to complete work due to lack of resources and difficult procedures.
Workloads are heavy and can be stressful at times. Staff are underpaid and over worked.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Working hours and stress levels
Best workplace
technical programme manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 January 2018
Best organisation I have worked with. Very flexible and acceptable environment to work. Working culture is excellent however it depends on individual manager. Overall it's great place to work.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
less collabaration within different teams
Customer service (work experience) (Former Employee) –  Ruislip, Greater London15 January 2018
Being there for only one week helped me to decide if that is what I want to do in my future. Even I was alone there, the staff was nice to me and they hope to see me working there in the future,
Appaling
Complaints Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 January 2018
Bad place to work - just don't do it.
Rubbish managers, can seem to get their act together which lead to lots of Broken promises.
Oppressive quality regime leads to you thinking you've earned a bonus and then they change the goal posts when it comes time to pay you.
Favouritisms and nepotism rule this company
Pros
Cons
Managers are absolute rubbish
An established bank
Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol15 January 2018
Fair mix of customer appointments and appointment related admin.
Clear processes. Clear customer data system.
Defined employee roles and chain of command.
Pros
Variety of customer contact
Cons
Difficult to progress
productive
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 January 2018
i was there for 2 weeks as work experience and personally it wasnt entirelry productive. majortiy of the time i was siting on a chair listening to the cash ladies gossip.
fun diverse work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent13 January 2018
working there was a very good experience where i was able to build confidence and character while engaging with different customers and helping out around the branch
Pros
good managemnt everyone has a role and roles are always changing
Cons
long hours but its worth it
Very good
Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset13 January 2018
Enjoyed it, was a good environment to work in. Many thanks for the opportunity, but now I must venture further afield and pursue a career in something with relevant to myself.
Good fff
Go to Banker - Piccadilly Circus (Former Employee) –  Piccadilly Circus Station11 January 2018
good management

supportive

was good through
Barclays
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mildenhall, United Kingdom10 January 2018
This was my first career job. it was a great starter job to give me a taste of the experience in the customer retail world. I enjoyed my time there, and provided me great communication skills and interaction with customers on a daily basis and how to handle situations with upset customers.
good career path
Investment Support Executive (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf9 January 2018
management are very supportive of your development, you are constantly pushed to your limit, in order to achieve the best for yourself. customer service is looked highly upon.
A Good workplace
Debt Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 January 2018
Enjoyable job just changing location. I would recommend working here as the worplace is excellent and the people employed by Barclays are a lot of fun.
Enjoyable Culture and good people
Technical Analyst - DRM Architecture & Design (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2018
A good atmosphere and an appreciation for Dynamic working and its benefits. Remote working was also encouraged an this gives a good Life Work balance.
Pros
Dynamic Working
Cons
not competitive rates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.