BAM Nuttall Employee Reviews

Great place
Training Lead (Current Employee) –  Somerset23 July 2017
Great company, lovely people, great management style. Always value staff feedback and are always trying to improve things in the business to suit staff requirements.
Pros
Great people
Work experience
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading25 May 2017
An enjoyable role with a professional engineering firm. Safe, well-run, and diligent throughout the month that I worked there.

It helped me understand the different aspects of engineering prior to me embarking on my career.
Productive and fun workplace
Geotechnical laboratory technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset23 April 2017
The Bam Ritchies Geotechnical Laboratory at Hinkley Point C is a productive and challenging work environment that allows professional growth of busy workers, even during intensive working hours. It is possible to grow professionally in Bam Nuttall with a job related to his degree in shipyards in the UK. Bam Nuttall allows you to work in major construction projects, design study with Autocad 2D and 3D Design, geotechnical soil analysis using application programs such as Plaxis 2D and 3D and seismic and structural analysis of buildings. Experience in Bam Nuttall Geotechnical Laboratories enables you to deepen your knowledge in field analysis techniques with the world's most advanced instrumentation.
Pros
Free lunches
Professional
QC (Current Employee) –  Leeds, Leeds, UK15 March 2017
Excellent company with very professional dealings. Communication is effectively relayed and expectations of job role clearly defined and explained. Company make you feel valued
Health & Safety Pioneers
Document Control Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Berkshire3 January 2017
Whilst working with BAM Nuttall they look first at Health & Safety, really setting a very high standard.
With many staff moving around the company it was always refreshing to see new faces, but perhaps saying goodbye too often to those you had become familiar with, which is the nature of the construction business.
Good Career Development
Public Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Camberley31 August 2016
BAM Nuttal is a company who invests in it's staff and makes an effort to promote long service.

Overall a good place to work.
productive and fun workplace
Ipaf Operative multi-skilled (Former Employee) –  Heathrow tunnel14 April 2016
A really interesting and challenging job with good colleagues and good management team. Good organisation and always listening your ideas.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too far
Great interesting job to be on as an Engineer
Site Engineer on L2 Project (Current Employee) –  Liverpool7 December 2015
An interesting Civils job not previously seen before. Gaining valuable experience on a large scale marine project. A typical day involves setting out of such things as tubular piles, sheet piles, gallow bracket and soffits, installing Fender units and large pre-cast 'L' sections, large pours with detailed capping beams and all paperwork that goes with this such as AP's, method statements, LP's, work permits, cube tests and all affiliated paperwork. We also use BIM360.
The hardest part of the job are the 12 hour shifts on a pattern of 11 on and 3 off. This is made easier by the great team I work with is probably the most enjoyable part of my job along with job satisfaction that comes with building a large Civil project that will changes the economics of my city, has some of the largest machinery in the world and is an amazing site to see day to day.
productive, educational, fun, kept me busy.
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Crewe17 November 2015
the job was productive and very educational due to working very close to civil engineers. the management of the job was amazing and allowed me to pick up new skills.

Every day of the job was completely different although still on the same job title. one day id be setting levels another id be setting coordinates.
During my time at Bam I learnt how to do a civil engineers job confidently whilst picking up management skills,I also learnt different techniques on how to complete work safely and effectively.
The people I worked with were helpful, confident and knew exactly what was expected of them, over all they are an amazing bunch of lads.
the hardest part of the job was driving home at the end of every day, the traffic was terrible.
Every single day of working here was enjoyable but if i had to pick one thing it'd have to be setting out.
Pros
I gained management skills and learnt new things.
Cons
It rained a lot and the traffic was busy.
Productive, professional, orgagnised, and safe place
Setting Out - Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG1 November 2015
Professional place and supportive management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues, learning and shearing knowledge with them.
Pros
Safety at work
Not bad place to work for
Stone Mason for Bam Nuttal (Former Employee) –  wirral17 April 2015
overall not a bad place to work, but the management is shocking, never have I worked in a place that management do not communicate with the lads of the shop floor when needed the most.
Pros
large company benifits
Hard Working Environment
Section Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scotland1 March 2015
BAM Nuttall is a company which strives on being a market leader within the civil engineering industry. They achieve this status through hard work and dedication. BAM Nuttall is a very good company to work for and would provide any ambitious engineer with an abundance of challenging and exciting opportunities. However like most large companies these challenges come with a price, which puts a lot of demands on the engineering teams within the company. These demands often require weekend working, long shifts often totaling 60hr+ working weeks.
Pros
vast opportunities, exposure to major projects
Cons
long hours, weekend working, poor work/life balance
New work experience
engineer (Current Employee) –  reading8 February 2015
Working in bam nuttal with agency is a very special experince so far I had worked .

Very good team

No pressure on job at any point

New work experience working in awe

Very good safety environment

Good communication with the employers with assurance oberservation report.
Pros
very good working environment without any pressure
Cons
very long journey cause i stay in london
Great company to work with
Trainee Quantity Surveying (Former Employee) –  Campbeltown, SCT20 October 2014
Working for BAM was a fantastic opportunity;

I learned first hand experience not only in my chosen career path as a quantity surveyor but also in Civil Engineering.

The co-workers were all friendly, i didn't experience any problems or hear of any bad stories, BAM provided opportunities to meet and get along better with my peers.
Proffessional, friendly(mostly) and good atmosphere.
M&E Engineer/Commissioning Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG14 October 2014
BAM Nuttall is a Civil Engineering company and is lean on M&E staff in the North East (me). They have an excellent approach to training on all aspects of the work & safety. Good prospects for keen young engineers. The lack of M&E element meant the work load for me was pretty high at times as such mundane things as Electrical Work Permits and recording documentation for commissioning did not exist and I had to compile quite a lot of documentation but I was paid to do it. Pay is reasonable but as with the the rest of the world of contracting not the rate you would hope for as I ended up wearing 2 hats. M&E Engineer and Commissioning Manager so the rate was poor at times.
Pros
Training
Cons
No mileage allowance and a struggle to get a business mobile phone/allowance.
good place to work
Ground Worker Plant op pts (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT4 January 2014
general day to day running of a site.involved a team effort.
Pros
traveling paid for
A great experience
Mechanic's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh11 November 2013
It was only work experience for school, it was supposed to be salary-free but they gave me £100, which was a bonus.
Best job ive ever had
Electrician (Former Employee) –  ENG11 July 2013
You don't realise how good BAM nuttall treat there staff until you leave and go working elsewhere and see badly managed sites with no regard for health and safety.
Id go back to BAM if I could
Production and fun working place
HGV Driver (Current Employee) –  Hooley Surrey17 June 2013
This company was fun to work for and with,my co-workers were good people.
The hardest part of the job was the cold.
The best part of the job was the people I worked with
Pros
Good working Hours and location
Cons
Weather
good company
survey technician (Former Employee) –  london14 February 2013
with very good professionals, nice opportunity for developement.
interested managers and staff.