Bakkavor Employee Reviews

Friendly, relaxed but professional workplace
Hygiene Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire11 December 2017
Bakkavör is a worldwide company, a very good company to work for. Lots of opportunities to rise up the ladder, lots of in house training. Opportunities to become such things as First Aiders, union reps, Trainers, Fire Wardens, Health and Safety reps and other positions. Good HR support if required,
Pros
Good rates of pay, holidays, job opportunities, union available, lots of in house training
Cons
Depending on what you prefer long hours
One night of my last job
Operator (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn3 December 2017
One nights begin at 10 pm and ends at 08 am.I learn that the people can be mean and selfish.The management is worst than the people , nobody makes changes even when you complain.The hardest part of the job are the people.The most enjoyable part of the job there isn't.
Cons
Cold, and the supervisors are shouting and don't respect the operators
Company OK, Working environment Terrible
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station, Greater London15 November 2017
Working for Bakkavor is good for someone who likes to be guaranteed work everyday and stay active but the work atmosphere and management is undesirable to say the least as due to the fast pace of work staff are spoken to in a bad manner.
Pros
Guaranteed Work
Cons
Treatment of employees by higher level staff
fast paced enviroment
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire9 November 2017
Overall i felt the the work i was tasked to do was do-able and easy. However i felt that the clothing that was provide could do with some improvement. Whilst working in the assembly area, i would on many occasions get cold hand which in turn would affect how effective and productive i would be through out the day based on just how cold it would get.
Family Orientated!!
Shipping Administrator (Former Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire1 November 2017
If you require any help with hours for family reasons then don't work for this company!

I had 26 years here and asked for a reduction of 2 1/2 hrs a week and was flatly refused this, but they have since let a former colleague reduce her hours by the same in the exact department that refused mine!!
I left early 2017 and felt I had given them everything but was basically thrown back in my face!
Would I recommend ...... NO
Horrible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent26 September 2017
Typical big company with the hierarchy! Big managers at the top do not care about the people below them! So many people on sick with stress because of the money grabbers at the top of the pyramid. The HR team are a joke and rude to staff. They enjoy humiliating you in front of each other. Don't work for this company you will regret it.
Pros
Non
Cons
Rude managers
Good place foreet great people
Skilled Operative (Current Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire23 September 2017
Good factory for start you carier
Good place for shift
Not seen discrimination
Good benefits
Always you will got support
Most of people from Britain iesy get experience for communication with them
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Good shift
Not a very good place to work at all.
Line Operative (Former Employee) –  Bourne, Lincolnshire8 September 2017
Whilst I was working there the staff turnover was just unbelievable. It almost like you are an expendable person. The pay is so bad for working nights, I strongly do not advise this as a job, in all honesty I wouldn't even buy product from the company after seeing what happens. Very unhygienic. Most of the team leaders are biased. Anytime there is a problem it gets brushed away. Working at bakkavor literally sucks the life out of you.
Pros
There isn't one really
Depressing
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  England14 August 2017
The worst place I have ever worked in my whole life. Rude management but maybe that's just their culture to shout at you and be completely vile . No pairs of shoes had one size 4 on one foot size 7 on the other because the team leader was rushing everyone so much seemed like a concentration camp sanario
Pros
Leaving the place
Cons
Absolutely nothing
Account Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire26 July 2017
Bakkavor is a typical big company. In the office, people are very kind and helpful.My previous manager taught me a lot. Every day is very busy and you have to hard work.
Pros
free coffee
Work at Bakkavor
Factory work (Former Employee) –  Spalding, UK22 July 2017
It was not hard work myself, but I worked in a night shift so it was not easy to stay at the line all night. I learned to work fast when packing and sorting food.
Good pleac to get Expiriece
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wembley19 July 2017
Good pepole and good place for beginners . Busy company work 7 days a week . work 10h/day , 2 shifts 6-17 and 17-3 + overtime , hollyday pey, pension.
poor workplace
Operative (Former Employee) –  Bourne28 June 2017
terrible work place they didn't care if you was cold or sick or like one day my hands locked up due to medical problem with my hands and the pay was terrible the staff was awful to me
Pros
Cons
everything
productive, attention to detail, fast pace
QA Auditor (Current Employee) –  Alresford, Hampshire28 June 2017
good place to work, good training, management ok, lots of EU staff not always reliable & language barrier, constant review of procedures, lots of paperwork & a little repetitive.
Pros
free training
Cons
long peak hours from may to september
its a job
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire12 June 2017
a lot is expected from new starters and the nightshift rate for new starters is the same as it is on dayshift, a bit of a downer for someone new to the area trying to make a fresh start
Pros
staff shop
Productive and best group of work9
Line worker and paking (Former Employee) –  Stonebridge Park Station5 June 2017
It's the best place with best and good people . I love this place . Is productive place . Manager and red head is the best people which I meet in London. It's not a hard work.
Pros
Free drinks
Fun environment
Base line operative (Current Employee) –  Tilmanstone, Kent4 June 2017
Good and fun environment. If you can work under pressure and cold climate then this is a job for you
Times can be hard but so can most jobs. You don't always finish at 44pm sometimes earlier
Very easy but fast paced
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  North West London, Greater London1 June 2017
Very easy place to work not everyone's speaks the same lanuguage but everyone always gets the work done 8 hour shifts night or morning overall good place to work
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
8 hour shifts
Good Company to work for
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire8 May 2017
An excellent company to work for with a lot of opportunity for career progression. However, you are contractually bound to stay in a position for a minimum term of a year.

The Central IT Department is made up of a number of different teams which often do not communicate effectively with each other and there is a lot of office politics (as can be found in any workplace).
Fast paced
HR Officer (Current Employee) –  Bo'ness, Falkirk4 May 2017
This is a very fasted paced changing job. Great team and willing to support. On going growth within the business and always changing to adapting new processes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakkavor. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9