BP Retail Employee Reviews

boring
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  West London1 November 2017
I felt like they prioritised their own people and because I wasn't from any if their country they purposely made me stand at the till for 8 hours straight without rotating.
Nice work small shop
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redditch22 October 2017
Good customer services working team bakery quick selling product on time like doing tolls customer services delivery bakery stocking ordering helping staff serve quick
Fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 October 2017
The most enjoyable thing about working at BP would have to be the customers and my colleagues they make work so much easy and would recommend anyone to work here
Pros
Lunch allowances
Cons
N/a
Each store is different
Csa (Former Employee) –  Scotland4 October 2017
Worked in a few cofo bps and depending on the manager depends on how well i would rate it. Some are fair and help yet most are lazy and backstabbing. Pay is decent and there is good progression. Wouldn't judge all bps with the same attitude as it really does come down to who store manager is.
Pros
Flexible at times
Cons
5am start
poor management skill poorly run shop
CSA (Current Employee) –  Dereham, Norfolk25 August 2017
the place is run poorly your not aloud to sit and the same mindless duties day in day out unfair rotters avoid at all costs. the wage is not enough for al the jobs you do.
Pros
Cons
poor management skills
It's alright for what it is...
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Redditch23 August 2017
I worked part time (Nights) 10:00 pm - 6:00 am.

Overall the job is very repetitive, same tasks to do each every night you work, cleaning, baking, re-stocking shelves etc...

I had absolutely no training what so ever, apart from the online training that they pressure you into completing, large majority of it is OK but the rest is a waste of time.

This is OK for a Part time job, but if your looking for a career please do not go full time there, instead use it as a stepping stone.
Pros
50% off lunches
Cons
Unsociable hours, managers, tasks
Great training fair management good team spirt good wages
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire22 August 2017
Extensive training package good work practice good health and safety procedures good wages when working bank holiday and Christmas always paid right money on time
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Changing working hours
Poor place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire14 August 2017
Poor management.. staff turn over was crazy and still is! Regularly worked lone shifts 8 hours stood still on a till. Breaks where often cut short. Signed off for health reasons management where not helpful in returning to work when recovering. Manger often watched cctv to find anyway to fire staff. Management pick on weaker staff and use their weakness against them to push them out the business. Area manager no better! If you want to get treated and spoken to like a piece of dog mess this is the job for you!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything about working here
Hated it
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Michaelwood10 August 2017
Would not recommend and would never work here again. Absolutely no work-life balance, shockingly-poor management and the staff have to people skills whatsoever. Gave me bad depression working here and had to be signed off work for months before finally leaving
Pros
non
Cons
Hard work, but satisfying and fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewes, East Sussex9 August 2017
Shift work, usually 8-10 hours. You would be involved with orders, deliveries, training, office paperwork, customers and tills, Wild Bean Cafe. You would be responsible for audits, HSSE, HR issues and rotas, external reps. I enjoyed all aspects, the hardest part was the extensive paperwork, the most enjoyable was the people and team spirit.
Pros
Pay, bonus, discounts, staff fuel card
Cons
Hard to get any extra days worked, back.
Awful
Customer Service Assistant Wild Bean Cafe (Current Employee) –  Kent26 July 2017
Never get 2 days off in a row. Pay is minimum wage. Expected to do at least 2.5 hours of unpaid overtime a week. On your feet all day with only one 30 minute break allowed. Managment are clueless when it comes to planning rotas fairly. Staff are nice and friendly. Lack of opportunity to progress. Too many petty rules and regulations to abide. Feels like being back at school. Hours are 5.30 am to 10.30pm. 7 days a week.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
Everything else
Good management and good staff
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ripley, Surrey21 July 2017
Had fun while I worked there, great management, most of the staff members had great characters. I was sad to leave (Had to leave because I moved to Southampton).
Great place to work highly recommended.
Csa (Former Employee) –  Strensham services,m5 south j8/9, worcs, wr9 9dy27 June 2017
Work in no retail for nearly 9 years. Was such a great place to work. I learned many things in my time there and it's a really friendly environment. Would happily go back and work there again.
Pros
50% staff discount
Our store is rubbish
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chippenham12 June 2017
Store manager can't seem to run the place. Illegal shifts, and her attitude has made 4 people leave in 4 months. If things are not done then she will have a go at you even in front of customers even if you have been working on your own. Some night staff turn up as and when they feel like it but nothing seems to be done about it.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Illegal shifts
Good pay, bad hours, lazy staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon7 June 2017
The management was never seen, the staff were incredibly lazy when no one was watching them, I would get given all the jobs no one else wanted to do. If you're new they take advantage of that. You only get a 30 min break out of 8 hours on shift.
Pros
50% off on break
Poor management
CSA (Former Employee) –  Popham, Hampshire23 May 2017
Management to keen to watch all staff on cctv than train them. They spend too much time sat on their backsides in the office when your on the floor struggling to get the deliveries out...yet they reap all the bonuses and you get nothing !! poor standards, poor training, poor service, poor wages.
Pros
There isnt any !
Oh dear
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lower Earley, Berkshire17 May 2017
This was a franchise of BP, owned by the Fraser group.
The management were no good at their job. I wouldn't work here again. Ever. I no longer patronise the site either.
Pros
Cons
Being bullief
i enjoy working
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bagshot, Surrey14 May 2017
well i really like doing new things.i i am working in this field from 3 years.i got good experince as a customer assiatant.i do night shifty and its very peaceful shift for me.i work with new people sp i really love to work.its been 2 years i am working in bp.
If your face doesn't fit, don't apply
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  UK26 April 2017
I don't mind the anti-social hours. I don't mind the minimum wage.

I do mind the constant abuse we have to take from customers with no support from management, the favouritism, the daily breaches of basic food laws and the constant battle to get the job done whilst understaffed at best and surrounded by idle 'favourites' at worst.

Nobody is reprimanded or named if they do something wrong and they are one of the favourites, but if you're not... you'll have to take the blame for anything that goes wrong on your shift even with CCTV to prove you are blameless.

No wonder so many staff walk out without serving their notice, it really is that bad.
Pros
Some great regular customers who care more for you than your managers do
Cons
A degrading place to work
Busy but boring
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlands14 April 2017
Despite being told that shifts would vary and I would be working all areas of store I was left on the cafe on late shifts working most weekends. Staff were fab on the whole and made the job bearable but the management was poor (apart from the ones doing late shifts) and had very obvious favourites. Staff were sworn at and some treated badly while others had a blind eye turned when mistakes made. Customers on the whole were nice. Late shift on cafe was mostly cleaning and prep for am shift, became monotonous. Training was exciting and I wish I was working at some of the training branches.
Pros
Free coffee discount on M&S food
Cons
Poor manager with lack of respect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BP Retail. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9