B&M Employee Reviews

Shop worker
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire18 January 2018
I worked at b&m voluntary, i worked on the shop floor putting stock on the shelfs, working alone or part of a team, and i also made sure the prices were correct
productive and fun work place
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire17 January 2018
a typical day at b&m was stocking up shelves and keeping the shop floor clean and tidy. i enjoyed being able to help the customers with any questions or queries they had.
Pros
excellent team members
Picker
Picker/Packer/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool15 January 2018
The place was a bit cold, but is in a warehouse and then is normally. The management was amazing, always that you have a good target and work together.
The manager did drugs e.g week
Shop Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire14 January 2018
It was a good job bus as soon as the limit of 3 month trial was over then I got sacked so they used me basically and I think that that was unfair. Overall I think that it was wrong that they could even do that and I have been upset and have only recently started to reapply for jobs seen as tho I amo only 16.
Pros
Fun to work at
Cons
Used the staff & did drugs at workplace
good people i worked with
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bathgate14 January 2018
good place to work because of the people i worked with management was not so good always cutting hours of the employees that had been at the company for years
Getting better but unrealistic workload and poor wages
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire13 January 2018
Overall B&M was a fun places to work, with a lot of freedom to make the stores your own, management have a lot of control over how much stock to trigger in and what to do with it, the only problems with B&M is the low wages and the amount of events that need to be set up in tight time frames.

Lack of heating and air con in most stores can also be an issue for the staff
Pros
Merchandising freedom, great management, free xmas meal
Cons
wages, always working more than contracted hours, no air con
busy store
bargains - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mertyr Tydfil, Merthyr Tydfil9 January 2018
i started working for b and m after i started a voluntary doing my customer service qualification but went on to having a part time hob but after the Christmas period ended my hours were cut and it was not worth me working.
Productive and fun work place
Replen manager (Former Employee) –  Bromborough, Merseyside9 January 2018
I started at B&M as a part time stock assistant. The job role required me to replenish all stock and deliveries that was assigned to me in a required time. On a regular basis I also helped out any department that required my assistance, and was then assigned department support. This role required me to merchandise seasonal and non seasonal displays through out the store, making sure to catch the customers eye.
As my time went on through B&M I was appproached to become a replen supervisor. This reuired me to run a scheduled shift made up of 14 people. I was responsible for all my team members puntuality, attendence, training, department knowledge, personal developent and their over all attitude within the work place.
Fun work place
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester8 January 2018
Working as part of a team to ensure maximum sales potential for the store, this involves receiving large deliveries into the warehouse, replenishing shelves ensuring any dated items are rotated accordingly to ensure these are sold before they go out of date. Ensuring store is kept clean, tidy and aisles are free from trip hazards.
Horrible
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire29 December 2017
Work here if you like being bullied. Boss and management gang up on individuals, I was spoken to so rudely the whole time. Would not recommend working there at all.
Pros
Couple of friends
Cons
Used
Ok
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham29 December 2017
Can be ok most staff are great to work with ,with the right people you can have a great shift . Can be hard at times dealing with rude customers just hope you have a supervisor who has your back
Productive workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford28 December 2017
A typical day at work was good but I need to improve on working on the till and not to make mistakes. I learnt how to use the till, was shown how to put stock out and where it goes. The management staff was friendly. The workplace culture was busy and fast paced. The hardest part of the job was to not make mistakes on the till when putting items through the till. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting the baskets and trolleys back at the end of the shifts.
Working in warehouse
Picker (Current Employee) –  Blackpool28 December 2017
Very bad working conditions. They like 0 hour contracts. When your works done your sent home it can take you long to get to work then your working. Management bully's. People get sack for not doing overtime. No overtime rate. Made to work Sundays stand rate. You pull a pump truck all day. No brakes time just dinner. This place would make sport world direct look good. Stay away. They will run out of people to work then soon.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Sweat shop
Pay not great and management is not great
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire Orton27 December 2017
I worked in the B&M in orton and the pay wasn't great and neither was the management. Fire people without an actual REAL reason without warning. Certain supervisors are rude
Kept busy nice environment
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow Drumchapel27 December 2017
I love my job and the people I work with it is a very fun and busy environment we can always have our bad days and good days were always kept busy and the hours are good
Pros
Limited time lunch breaks
Cons
Shifts getting changed without consent
Rude,management rude,no manners,no consideration,take your pay
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 December 2017
Worked here for 3years,staff are underpaid,managers unprofessional, management have no manners,head office are bad they don't care,no support,your there by yourself and that's it.
Shoddy company
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Unknown21 December 2017
Awful company

Area manager a fool who constantly belittles you with no aim to progress people outside of his little clique
The store management are disgraceful too
Pros
People
Cons
Wages, management
Horrible
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire16 December 2017
B&M is most possibly the worst place you could ever choose to work because at the end of every month you get screwed over by the management when you get underpaid but they don't care as long as they got paid right you didn't matter like a something on the bottom the their shoes
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pretty much work for free
productive and fun workplace
Cash Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 December 2017
B&M is a great place to work as a cash office supervisor i learned new skills everyday. the workplace culture was good and the contracted hours were decent. it was a fast paced working environment which kept you on your feet.
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
pay package
A little Un-Organised
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford6 December 2017
Good company, good bargain products but a little unorganised in regards to who is meant to be doing what, who can do what, the cleaning duties and some other aspects.
The supervisors tend to think they are abit more special then the cashiers.
Pros
Bargains
Cons
Unorganised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B&M. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9