Aviva Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
Personal Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Southend18 January 2018
There was a vast array of personalities at Aviva in Southend which made it a great place to work.

They took me straight off of a building site and opened my eyes to office life which I will always be grateful for.

I learned so much in my 6plus years at Aviva, from how offices function to general insurance and insurance policies.
Pros
Bonuses, free lunch days, Christmas and summer parties
Hard working business
Surveyor contracts manager (Former Employee) –  UK4 January 2018
Great company to work for. long hours and hard work but very rewarding. The pension scheme and health benefits are second to none and the shear option scheme is a great way to invest.
Flexible and enjoyable
Motor BI claims handler (Current Employee) –  Bishopbriggs, East Dunbartonshire18 December 2017
Aviva and it’s flex benifit allows you to work a 35 hour week without the fatigue of a normal 9-5 job. The ability to build flex time which can be taken whenever the business allows (which is all the time). Flexible working hours allowing a 4 day week however maintaining your 35 working hours.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Location of office
Typical Day
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 December 2017
Taking calls from customers and going through policies and discussing requirements. Renewing policies and soft selling other products.
Dealing with complaints if necessary
Pros
work from Home
Cons
long hours and weekenend work
Supportive at all times
Commercial property claims handler (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex4 December 2017
I loved working for Aviva and the only reason I
Am leaving is because i am being made redundant all our work is migrating to Perth and I cannot relocate .
Pros
Parking pension 25 days holiday flexible hours
Fabulous place to work
SME Enterprise Systems Management (Former Employee) –  Norwich4 December 2017
I think these guys have it right. Good and fair place to work. give all that you can take what is on offer and make sure you are noticed for the work you do well and own up to the things that are not quite what you did well.

Value in honesty will get you far here. Enjoy.
Pros
Pension, holidays, bonus scheme
Aviva should be better than this
Fraud prevention (Former Employee) –  Norwich1 December 2017
rinse and repeat, they care little about there staff and you are treated as just a number, little chance of promotion as you need to be "in" with the right people, if your face does not fit, they will never promote you, strong "coke" culture permeates the offices.
Pros
its nine till five
Cons
many
Good people to work with
CHANGE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey30 November 2017
good company to work for, great people, interesting challenges. Not much about growing potential, a lot of people are stuck at the same roles for years.
Great people
PMI Claims Assessor (Former Employee) –  Chandlers Ford29 November 2017
Great team and bunch of people. Insurance company of the year for many years in a row for a reason. Good culture and location was good for me and fits with my needs.
Pros
Team
Cons
Busy
A relaxing workplace
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire14 November 2017
A typical day at work would involve meetings with stakeholders and being aware of how each thing you do impacts other teams.

A fun and friendly workforce of diverse interests.
Pros
Free drinks machines
Generally ok to work there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwich16 October 2017
The part I worked in was busy and it was a bit "battery hen" but most of the people were ok. There was scope for some fun and dress down Fridays and charity days made for a nice culture.

Most managers were ok.
Productive and friendly staff
Client Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey11 October 2017
Prepare quotes from daily list provided. Attend training sessions to help with career development and to keep up-to-date with job requirements. Assist with sending out statement in post if required.
Pros
Car park, near to public transport, restaurant
Productive and nice place to work
Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 October 2017
Busy and great place to work. People were helpful and the working atmosphere was good. Very difficult to give a full review in view of the amount of time I was working here.
great promotion potential
Team manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich30 September 2017
Really was allowed to grow as a person in this role. Gained vast management/customer handling skills.
Lots of redundancies and felt at risk on numerous occassions
Looks after their staff financially
Senior Trading Underwriter (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 September 2017
Nice company; reasonably good work life balance; looks after their staff financially; nice culture; always busy as it's a big name insurer and there's never a lull in enquiries coming in.
A good company.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Norwich21 September 2017
I reached the age of 60 in 2017, so was able to take retirement. A noticeable change in culture during my final 2 - 3 years meant I knew it was time to move on.
dreaded call centre
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 September 2017
The job was poor, but colleagues made up for that. I met some amazing people who will be friends for life.
The managers were very good too, very supportive, that is unless the call queue got too big and they would disappear into a meeting to see how they could improve instead of jumping on a phone and taking some calls for 30 mins or so. The job itself was tough, I always felt drained after but I'd do the job again
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Had to talk over the phone
Progressive but bureaucratic
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2017
Lots of great idea and a very positive ethos; employs excellent staff, but hamstrung by internal politics and an inability to implement really visionary change.
Diligenta- useless place
Customer Service Representative- Diligenta (Current Employee) –  Bristol16 September 2017
Typical day-Not very good.
What you have learned-No personal development
Management- only believes in cost cutting
Workplace culture- only work
Most enjoyable part- people , team mates
Pros
free parking, flexibility
Cons
too much pressure
Overall good employer
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Norwich13 September 2017
I worked for Aviva for many years until I was made redundant. It was a good employer and salary and benefits at the time were very good

Pension holiday etc were also extra benefits
Pros
Subsidised lunches