Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Bias managers have their favs!
Driver (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom13 November 2017
Working with this company isn't for the faint hearted. If you like being a driver or rental sales agent then being and taking nonsense from petty people who treat you like children, then this is the job for you.

Managers don't like being questioned and over ruled. One way traffic every time. Absolute joke!

Rental sales agents who think they are over and above everyone.

#too many chiefs # treat you with no respect # lazy managers

The bosses never stay long here either.

Try Hertz or Enterprise.
Pros
Cons
Expect you to drive ages away and be back in minutes
Zero hours minimum wage. Careers @ Avis Budget.
Zero hours minimum wage slave (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 November 2017
Working on zero hours basis for minimum wage to suit their needs with zero job security while me and the family lived in poverty. Legal slavery backed up by an inept government steeped in the traditions of greed and corruption.
Pros
All theirs
Cons
All yours
Hr/l&d role
HR and L&D Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire12 October 2017
I worked as a HR & L&D Administrator. I did enjoy the HR side of this role but the L&D side was the part I thrived in.

I loved organizing all the Internal Events for Avis Employees. I played a keen role in the negotiations within Hotels/events.

I looked after the L&D Budget.
Fun Workshop
Delivery and Collection Driver (Former Employee) –  Heathrow18 September 2017
It was a fun time working with Avis Budget group.
I delivered vehicles to different locations like private hotels, Companies, RAF, Glaxo, EDS.
I learn't a lot about dealing with customer care.
Pros
Enjoyed thoroughly
Cons
N/a
Fun and vibrant workplace
Rental sales Agent (Former Employee) –  East Midlands Airport, Leicestershire5 September 2017
I enjoyed working at Avis as every day was varied and never the same. I thrived on the targets set and exceeding them.
The varied shift patterns were great for a work/home life balance.
Pros
varied environment
Cons
sometimes roadworks/traffic made our work difficult
Productive and fun workplace
Avis Budget Group - HR Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bracknell29 August 2017
I was given the opportunity to use skills here and excel in an area that I have no direct experience in. I have learnt new skills within this role and have enjoyed to gain more knowledge.
Pros
Work from home. Relaxed dress code
fun workplace because of staff and customers
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  taunton and exeter branches25 August 2017
typical day would be opening up , logging onto the systems and start planning the morning ahead . do all morning reports going through them and filing away , answering customer and office calls, getting the cars prepared for the customers and drivers to deliver, plan and send routes for the drivers and giving them the correct paperwork. hardest part of job is being without enough cars/vans to cover said bookings. most enjoyable part is the customers.
main job was horing of rental cars.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 38 August 2017
my job was to hire out cars to members of the public. this also required working at airport locations. brought me in contact with arriving passengers.
Pros
subsidised meals
Cons
nil
good expiriense
ready line agent (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London4 August 2017
Keep working non stop. I learn how keep culm on stress. Management depends person. High workplace culture. The hardest part is situation when no right cars in locations and rental agents do not want understand it, so they are keep pressure you to find the car witch they are need. As more job you do as more you will get from management for same money. Most enjoyable are get nice feedback from the customers and drive new nice cars.
Pros
nice cars on fleet
Cons
pressure
Not a nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Midlands19 July 2017
After working for Avis for many years and being a very loyal person i was treated very unfairly. The management says it all you never see anyone and when you do its i will look into it and that's as far as it goes. We had so many managers in the time i was there. No professionalism wages constantly incorrect. No one you could contact HR there isn't one. Zero hours contract is no use to anyone. They need to employ people who no about car hire and respect the loyal staff.Who knows how is company as survived as a worldwide company..........?
Pros
There is none
Cons
Everything you can think of
Fun company
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Car, UK7 July 2017
busy mornings.
good fun company to work for.
discussing damage to vehicles on return.
keeping the customer happy.
getting to see new vehicles.
working as a team.
Pros
staff discount on rentals
Cons
very busy bank holidays
hard working. not for everyone
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, County Antrim27 May 2017
day consists of literally knocking your pan in non stop with team members and staff with absoloutely no business there. not many skills involved but if you have a keen eye for cleaning and like not eating, then its perfect.
Pros
Cons
long hours cold in winter
Fast-paced environment
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh25 May 2017
Great sales and customer service experience. Very busy and under pressure on the pick season. Fleet planning need to be taken into consideration very serious due to the lack of vehicles.
Cons
Fleet planning
Great Product Team
Agile Product Owner Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire10 May 2017
- Great Product Team
- Great Designers
- Off-shore development was a challenge
- Great commercial team
- Clear product strategy
- Not the greatest location
fun place to work
Driver Hire (Former Employee) –  coventry27 April 2017
The job was enjoyable learned alot always busy none stop. Learnt alot in the job when I was there.

Here is a job list what I do.

Has a Valeter/ Driver at Avis & Budget Car Rental, we are checking vehicles in and carefully inspecting vehicles for damage before and after hire, Ensuring the paperwork is completed correctly and signed by the customer, Ensuring vehicles are clean, tidy and ready on time,Checking and reporting damage , Cleaning and polishing cars,Ensure that the radio is turned off and the volume is low for when the customer uses this,Ensure that the water & oil levels etc are checked and adjusted if so required,Ensure Tyres are checked for damage, wear and that they are correctly inflated,Reporting any damage to vehicles to the Branch Manager or branch staff,Ensure any lost property items found in vehicles are handed over to manager or frontline staff,Ensure all vehicles are left locked when unattended. Keys should be kept in a secure place at all times, Taking vehicles to other branches and airports and Ensure that all vehicles are presented in the correct manner when parking in ready bays.
Cons
great to work for and really friendly
car hire (Current Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry17 April 2017
Great to work for and really friendly, everyone gets on and there is a great support network with the possibility to advance and great to hone in on your customer service
A dynamic business with leadership position in the market
Senior Head of Product & Propositions (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire29 March 2017
ABG is facing some major challenges to its position within car rental and the wider mobility sector as are many of its key competitors. The business is working extremely hard to execute its strategy to retain its leadership position and deliver on its values to drive a superior customer experience. My role at ABG was to help deliver that strategy.
waste of time
Driver Hire (Former Employee) –  Bradley Stoke, Gloucestershire26 March 2017
very low income, they aspecting from you to stay at work to the end, so you will start at 7am and finish even after midnight...and back again at 7am. Make pressure on you to stay to the end, they don't care about your safety
Good workplace
Valeter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool Airport30 January 2017
Good place to work.
Well looked after
Good with flexibillity
Good hours
Help iut with cars.
I would recomend this place to anyone.
Pros
Long brakes
Cons
Non
big company lost in never land
Driver (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire28 January 2017
Was a good company to work for but times are changing new management new rules
Lost in the wilderness
Big ideas but not listening to the drivers about
Pros
driver nice new cars

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.