Avery Healthcare Employee Reviews

Residents are lovely
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire21 October 2017
the training is superb and the management a little blinkered worked here for a few months as I didn’t meet the Avery standard as I dare laugh and joke with residents
Pros
Training
Cons
Youngsters telling you your job
Horrible place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset18 October 2017
I was so excited to work for this company. But it didn't meet my work ethic. Crazy hours/shifts
Unprofessional management. Two faced people
The lowest salary of all Avery houses (Acer House)
Pros
Free toast
Cons
30 mins break or no break at all during 12h night shifts
Lack of care and compassion for staff
RGN (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire14 October 2017
Unfortuantely Avery hold there staff in very poor regard. They are short sighted, treat people without care or respect and put money above everything else.
Pros
Cons
A lack of flexibility, respect and at times common courtesy.
great company to work for
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire13 October 2017
Since working for Avery I have felt supported from my Line Manager through to the Directors. I have felt listened to and been given the support to carry out my role and make the changes we have wanted to, to make the home the best it can be.
Pros
Supportive and proactive comapny
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire11 October 2017
I have been at the home for 18 months. There is a great atmosphere and sense of team work at the home. We are always laughing. The residents are well cared for and they are always doing activities and having entertainment. The mangement are supportive and approachable, always willing to listen and help. It can be hard at times but gives me a great sense of making a difference for our residents.
Pros
Supportive managment
Cons
12 hours shifts
kitchen assistant
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sittingbourne9 October 2017
assist cook in all needs, follow cleaning schedule, washing up, disposing of waste appropriately, preparing veg, put away deliveries, prepare trollies for mealtimes and prepare refreshment trollies.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlands29 September 2017
Staff on minimum wage, expected to do the work of two people as they’re always short staffed and management don’t do a thing to help. If your sick you get phone calls questioning you by numerous people asking why you are ill. Never felt so worthless in a job and not appreciated at all. Best thing I ever did was leave that place!
Pros
Cons
Under paid, unappreciated
Not a good compamy
Senior care assistance / team leader (Former Employee) –  Nottingham20 September 2017
Management don't listen to staff make them leave or just sacked them carers and team leaders are fab shame about management don't realise how good there are
Cons
Long hours mangerment
Friendly environment
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol25 August 2017
typical day would be get in work, get residents out of bed, dressed, washed and assist to the toilet, take breaks fast round, assist with meal, do care plans, then take lunch round, attend to residents needs, take supper round, help residents in to night wear, help in to bed if required, the hardest part of the job was 12 hour shifts, best thing about the job was seeing a smile on the residents face and know your helping them it's very rewarding
Pros
Free lunch
Good work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Northampton30 July 2017
Nice staff, general good atmosphere

Good work experience opportunity, learnt a lot from the staff supervising me - even seeing more executive members of the company.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
i hated working for avery
Housekeeper / laundry (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands28 July 2017
from my very first day ,i hated it.
i was expected to work in the laundry by myself and clear everything within a short time. then i was cleaning the home i was expected to do more deep cleans then the others because i was getting a half hour more.
others complaint about management all the time about being bullies .
the most enjoyable part of my job was going home and went i put in my notices
Pros
nice staff
Cons
bad management, overwork, underpaid
Good role, although not valued as an individual
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire25 July 2017
Job security is good as they struggle to keep staff, meaning you can be hassled into doing overtime. No one is really valued, loyalty is not rewarded. You do receive yearly training though.
Fantastic looking home
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire24 July 2017
I loved my job for the first year, but now things have become a drag, I still go to work but i don't like being there, Nothing is ever good enough, you work so hard and yet we are always being told it is not enough and everything that goes wrong is our fault, completely nothing to do with management of course!
No support whatsoever, No appreciation for working hard or extra shifts.
Pros
You get to meet wonderful residents and families
Cons
You dont get paid extra for working extra, Long hours, only get paid 11 out of 12 hours, Cannot leave for your lunch as i got disipliniry action for this
Brilliant!
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire13 July 2017
Worked at Crispin Court in Stafford, amazing place. Fantastic staff, supportive & very knowledgable management, the training was thorough & I learnt loads, everyone was always proffessional. Great bunch of residents with lovely families, beautiful surroundings, opportunities for career development, had to leave due to personal circumstances but loved every minute I was there, highly recommended either to work, live or visit, can't praise it highly enough
Pros
Beautiful, proffessional, great training, career development, friendly, the list goes on!
Cons
I don't work there anymore
Demanding environment but financially rewarding.
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire7 July 2017
The work was interesting and enjoyable. A friendly team environment. A successful organisation that is growing all the time, as does the work volume.

The ability to manage stress essential.
Pros
Enjoyable work
Cons
Long hours, heavy workload, high expectations
Hard working enviorment
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 July 2017
Good place to advance your knowledge in care if you wish to further or enhance your career. Communiacation could do with alot of improvement and staff need to be respected and valued more
Pros
No free meals
Cons
Bad communication
Busy enviroment
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 May 2017
Worked at Avery last year.Carers over worked and under staffed. Seniors and team leaders spend most time in office and take more breaks than the one hr allowed.Can't keep staff.
Ok place to work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire3 April 2017
Ok place to work staff are friendly, hours are long, always see lots of head office round which is good, could be better support for staff with difficulties
Ok
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire3 April 2017
I enjoyed my time working for Avery but it was long hours and hard work for minimum wage. Time constraints were tough and too much to do in a small amount of time meant a lot of the patients had their physical needs cared for but not their emotional needs.
Avery expects quality and quantity in the workplace
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Midlands12 March 2017
Having worked in numerous departments throughout the Home I currently work, I have found the company fair in all aspects. On trying to avoid the typical stigma of the usual care home, Avery expects excellent standard from all employees. Providing a Hotel experience for all residents with a seven day recreation program on offer. I have been offer the chance to forward my career and supported through this. We are always updating our skills with annual updates to all training provide in house. It is a very fast paced environment to work in and I thrive on this with a different challenge each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avery Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.