Avery Healthcare Employee Reviews

Very poorly managed.
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire16 January 2018
Lack of care and compassion for staff. Lack of support from management.Very high levels of staff turnover always expected to do extra shifts and get nothing in return, a simple Thank you can go a long way. Always short staffed. Residents are within the home that clearly need extra care that isn't offered at this home and should be in homes that cater for their needs. Staff always try their best and always put residents needs first.
Pros
Lovely looking home.
Cons
All of the above
Never work here again
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire14 January 2018
I work for avery they put u on a 6month probationary period and if they don't like u they end it so if u got children don't go for it long hours every weekends not good pay management don't listen everyone talks about everyone behind your back work in house keeping in Derby would never go back plus they talk to the old people like they don't really care
Pros
Would not feed a dog these dinner
Awful environment to work
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire12 January 2018
Absolutely appalled at my time here staff are. I not appreciated and are worked to gyhe ground.managemnt couldn’t care less about their staff and residents no money to even provide essentials such as pads sheets.residents were unhappy at he service which is a shame given prices are extortionate. There is no praise for anything that was done to a high standard a very negative place to work. Most staff were bitchey and unprofessional and continue to do so when you leave bring trouble to names based on lies.not support given and no training opportunity’s provided to exceed abilities and improve current skills
Professional conduct was non exsistant and they employ anyone for min wage and excessive hours .there are no perks to this job and you are seen as just another number. This is a unsafe environment where bad incidents can happen due to the complete lack of compassion of the management
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place
Lack of staffing/ management don't listen
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 January 2018
Management only care about profits not the residents or staff, the place is unsafe due to the lack of staff. agencie employees are limited due to Avery's 'budget'
Spoken too like something they've stepped in!
It's all tick boxes and paperwork so they can get their bonuses.
I certainly wouldn't want any of my family members in a Avery care home that's for sure.
Terrible
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aran court28 December 2017
I worked really hard for this company, I was 9 days off from my probation and had an accident with my knee had to undergo an operation , whilst off in hospital had letter of dismissal. No meeting nothing my experience of this company is terrible, management does not care about staff and safety of residents.
Pros
Cons
Under staffed
Supportive and caring.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Buckinghamshire8 December 2017
Avery is a supportive, friendly and caring company. The support from management and head office is impeccable. I find the training they offer is top of the scale. With a chance for progression. The staff in the homes work as a team and are like a big family. I have settled into my job for a year now and I would not find another company to the same standard. The care we offer is outstanding and our home is rated the best in our area through the work of our staff.
Pros
Training, supportive and caring
Great company who value the team
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent8 December 2017
Worked with Avery Healthcare for the past 7 months and I have to say my experience has been great. They really value the team and want you to be happy at work.
Resident care is always to high standards and its great knowing that your leaving work and residents have been well cared for and had a good experience.
The care homes, even the ones that have been taken over by Avery are to a high standard and it's clear to see there is a lot of investment.
The culture is open and honest and as an employee, I feel I'm treated fairly.
Avery have recently implemented a benefits system for us which means I get discounts every time I shop. I even get to go to the cinema with 40% off all tickets!
Having worked in a number of care homes I think Avery are the best so far.
Bad place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stoke on Trent trentham6 December 2017
I worked for this company a few years ago and hated every minute of it. management were rude and disrespectful the staff were bickering about each other behind each others back and they made you work like slaves, long hours no weekends off what a rota. my advice don't go there
Work you to death for poor pay
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Good pay
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon3 December 2017
We all started out the same time, as kingsmere set to open, we helped bring in furniture & so on, so we was really there from the beginning. We was promised it would be a great company and business would be booming, manager seemed nice at the time. For a month there was no residence so we still came to work, cleaned added finishing touches.. Everyone got along. Fantastic housekeeping team. Once it got busy manager changed and seem rude, favouritism, people started to fall into thei roles... Groups started forming, division, different department not helping eachother, some staff was just their socially.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Team work
Management bullied staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey16 November 2017
Awful place to work!! Have never experienced such ignorance from management!! Witch hunted out as I was looked down on from day 1 as a receptionist. Turnover so high!! Loved the residents to bits, very sad to leave as had grown very fond of them.Always told to be better even when praised by residents and their relatives on my empathy towards them. I had residents interests at heart! Management interested in money even charging for newspapers!!
Pros
Cons
Patronising and disrespectful from management

Want to know more about Avery Healthcare?

Ask a question
Compassionate and caring
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme14 November 2017
Good colleague and good friends .The residents are very friendly and cooperative......................Management.........no words to describe .........to many thing to do and to less time for residents
Pros
Free coffee
challenging
Maintenance Person (Former Employee) –  Congleton25 October 2017
doing daily weekly and monthly checks according to company policies. Something different everyday from basic plumbing and eletricial work to decorating the bedrooms and other rooms when needed sometimes working nights to fit in with the relatives day so not to disturb them too much. Had a great woking relationship with the manager which made the day so much better
Residents are lovely
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire21 October 2017
the training is superb and the management a little blinkered worked here for a few months as I didn’t meet the Avery standard as I dare laugh and joke with residents
Pros
Training
Cons
Youngsters telling you your job
Horrible place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset18 October 2017
I was so excited to work for this company. But it didn't meet my work ethic. Crazy hours/shifts
Unprofessional management. Two faced people
The lowest salary of all Avery houses (Acer House)
Pros
Free toast
Cons
30 mins break or no break at all during 12h night shifts
Lack of care and compassion for staff
RGN (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire14 October 2017
Unfortuantely Avery hold there staff in very poor regard. They are short sighted, treat people without care or respect and put money above everything else.
Pros
Cons
A lack of flexibility, respect and at times common courtesy.
great company to work for
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire13 October 2017
Since working for Avery I have felt supported from my Line Manager through to the Directors. I have felt listened to and been given the support to carry out my role and make the changes we have wanted to, to make the home the best it can be.
Pros
Supportive and proactive comapny
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire11 October 2017
I have been at the home for 18 months. There is a great atmosphere and sense of team work at the home. We are always laughing. The residents are well cared for and they are always doing activities and having entertainment. The mangement are supportive and approachable, always willing to listen and help. It can be hard at times but gives me a great sense of making a difference for our residents.
Pros
Supportive managment
Cons
12 hours shifts
kitchen assistant
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sittingbourne9 October 2017
assist cook in all needs, follow cleaning schedule, washing up, disposing of waste appropriately, preparing veg, put away deliveries, prepare trollies for mealtimes and prepare refreshment trollies.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlands29 September 2017
Staff on minimum wage, expected to do the work of two people as they’re always short staffed and management don’t do a thing to help. If your sick you get phone calls questioning you by numerous people asking why you are ill. Never felt so worthless in a job and not appreciated at all. Best thing I ever did was leave that place!
Pros
Cons
Under paid, unappreciated
Not a good compamy
Senior care assistance / team leader (Former Employee) –  Nottingham20 September 2017
Management don't listen to staff make them leave or just sacked them carers and team leaders are fab shame about management don't realise how good there are
Cons
Long hours mangerment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avery Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9