Autism East Midlands Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place to work.
FDSW (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 October 2017
This company is brilliant for improving the lives of people with autism. The day centres provide a massive range if activities that cater to everyone's needs and provide them with a massive range of choice.
It's a very rewarding environment to see people enjoying their lives so much.

Full training is given on induction for 2 weeks and then additional training is given when you're on service.

Every company has it's ups and downs and this one has really turned itself around in the years i have been working for them. Management has had a significant change around and bad managers have left the company. Don't let a few bad reviews of bad managers put you off.
Pros
Massive range of shifts available and flexibility to suit you
Cons
None.
Bad management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 September 2017
Very poor communication and bad management. Have had occasions where work has been cancelled has I've arrived to see the service user, or when it's been a two to one the other staff member hasnt had their calender updated and not turned up! I've been expected to Peg feed a service user without adequate training. Never felt able to express concerns about any of the upper and middle management, has they were all overally friendly with each other and felt that any concerns raised would not be kept confidential.
A real shame
Providing an Excellent Service those affected by autism
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire10 July 2017
Autism East Midlands provides Residential, Day Services, Outreach, Education and Childrens Services. The workforce is motivated and strives to ensure that the service users that they support are given the best possible opportunities
Pros
Excellent training and Career Development
Terrible
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East Midlands14 November 2016
Awful place to work for! Management is an absolute joke and will step over anyone to get what they. Unqualified staff running shifts and administering medication to service users. I did the company a favour by giving my statement as a witness to some terrible things that had happened in the workplace, took time off my new job to travel to their head office to do this and was met by hostility, rudeness and ignorance by a team which included the MD. The manager of the home where i was based made the rules up as he went along, even my union rep told him he was wring, the company still did nothing. Such a shame when some of the people working for AEM actually care about people with Autism and want to help them. And just to top everything off, they refused to pay me the full amount I was owed for my last month of work. Very dodgy company all round!
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism East Midlands. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8