Audio Network Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great fun for a week's work experience!
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Halstead, Essex13 August 2012
Music for the visual arts is one of the principal artistic disciplines that got me into music to begin with. When I was young I watched VHS tapes of West Side Story, Jurassic Park and The Lion King almost religiously, and I still believe that some of the music from those three films are the best I have ever heard. It was fascinating being given a behind-the-scenes look at this industry, starting off in December 2011 with an invitation to look at how AudioNetwork worked with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at Abbey Road. That is going to be an experience I am not likely ever to forget.

In April 2012, I was given a week's work experience at the AudioNetwork's Sales Office in Halstead, Essex. The staff there were extremely friendly and welcoming and each member gave me a fair taster of what it was like working for AudioNetwork. I particularly enjoyed sourcing music for adverts and private companies' promotional videos, as it resembles something I very much enjoy in real life, which is recommending music to my friends which I know they will like. Sourcing music was also arguably the most challenging aspect of the week as, even though I enjoy saying this piece of music will fit that bit of film, my definition of some words may not have been precisely what the said company was looking for. Luckily, the examples I tried were merely trial runs, and the person in charge of sourcing music professionally gently showed me where I might have misinterpreted the brief.

All in all, it was fascinating to work in such an environment and, as an added bonus, it was in a lovely part of the countryside.
Pros
great countryside, great co-workers, fun jobs, good hours (albeit i was a work experience placement, and had different hours from people who actually worked there)
Cons
far away from where i live