Aspire People Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Reliable and caring
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Coventry8 December 2017
The management are very caring and nice people, calls and texts to ask how you manage, encourage you. Always takes in your circumstances and finds the best place for you. Happy to work with them.
Supply teacher
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 June 2017
Limited mount of work supplied. Sent to schools where I had little support and was physically assaulted by a pupil with no support afterwards. Very low wages
Pros
Making a difference to childrens lives
Cons
Where do I start?!
Very helpful and a great company to be with
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Walsall2 August 2016
Every available agent is very helpful and do their best to make sure your needs as an individual are met. They listen to your concerns and worries and you feel very assured that working with them is the best thing to do.
brilliant
Cover Supervisor, Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham29 April 2015
I enjoy working for Aspire People as I be able to gain more confidant and also enjoy teaching the students. I have done various cover and teaching assistant jobs in different secondary schools and have to say enjoyed working in all of them.
Pros
working in different schools
Cons
N/a
IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, UK23 March 2015
I worked as IT support engineer in different schools and colleges through Aspire People. Working for educational institutes was a great experience which gave me opportunity to learn about the infrastructure of school IT systems. I also lead my Team of IT engineers to accomplish the project on time. The hardest part of my job was when the college was under construction and Goods lift was not functioning and we had to carry all the hardware to multiple floors by hand. I enjoyed most in learning, planning and delegating tasks to my team members. My manager and everybody on my team felt great because the project went so smoothly.
its working for an agency
Cover Supervisor/ Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  coventry23 December 2014
a wonderful job but only have no security in terms of what time, when ans where i would be working.
the agency people are wonderful and also helpful
it is working for secondary school
Pros
you are your own boss however have to abide to the company laws
Cons
the shift day to day changes and some weeks have no work at all
Productive and on-going learning workplace
Cover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham3 November 2014
Working as a cover supervisor is not an easy job as you are not stable in a place, however you go around the area and meet different environments. Having said this, being a cover supervisor is a great opportunity of getting in contact with various schools and staff and learning from them. For instance, in each school one goes and carries out this position, he/ she learns of the policies of the school, the behaviour management, the priorities the school sets, the level of the students and so on. This enables them to have a better idea about the school procedures and work efficiently in certain environments. In addition, such a position requires you to cover various subjects and as a result, one widens his/her knowledge, is informed of the current curriculum and its components and he/she gains experience in preparing lessons by observing other's teachers work.

Cover supervisors can support teachers in class, report back on the students' behaviour according to the school's policy and procedure when they are in charge of maintaining the control of the class, ensure that students remain on task with the work they have been set, respond to any questions about process and procedures etc. Therefore, this is a great experience for someone who looks for a career in teaching, as you get to put into practice your teaching, interpersonal and collaborative skills, while you can also deal with immediate problems that may arise, in order to see whether you would be able to respond in such a situation in the future.
Pros
On-going learning opportunity
Cons
Not stable location
Very organised and professional company
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG31 March 2014
Each day is different depending what year group I have .
But most schools know i am coming and I am usually welcomed by name.
There is no hardest part yet as I coped with all the schools I have been at.
I like going to different schools and seeing how they operate,
Pros
Each day is different
Cons
Travelling relying on public transport
Challenging, need rapport with students, must be understanding
Supply Teacher/ Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham13 June 2013
Working at Aspire requires me to understand students very quickely. This is becuase i may be only working in their school for a day. It is essential that i have good listening skills. I like to treat students as independant people who are able to make their own minds up. I beileve by using such mehod i am able to empower them, also by giving them various reponsibilities.

The hardest part of the job is that the students are aware that i may be in only for a day and some students like to use this to their advantage by not doing any work. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to know the school, teachers and students.
Pros
Getting to know students
Cons
Not consistence.
To make learning interesting and fun
Functional Skills/Key Skills Tutor (Current Employee) –  nationally24 April 2012
My policie in teaching is to make learning fun, young or adult learners will find learning interesting if it is delivered in a way that will make them happy and learn new skills which can be beneficial to them.
That what I have learned, from more than ten years of teaching in the classroom and the workplace.