ASOS.com Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Terrible!!
Picker (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire21 September 2017
Right where do i start. I have had this job for over a week now and its absolutely terrible . I had 1 day of training basically they showed us what to do and then it was a case of get a picking gun and get on with it. Everyone around are like robots trying to hit targets ect. Management think that they are god and look at you like a peice of poo . I was searching 5 floors for over a hour trying to find a trolley. And god forbid if you make a mistake on your gun they won't log you out so basically you cant do anything until they do this. We are just a number to them and they dont care if you are hurting or not.
Pros
Non
Terrible
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead16 September 2017
Asos is the worst place I have ever worked! The atmosphere is very tense and uncomfortable. There is so much gossiping and bullying that goes on here, it is much worse than a playground. Team Leaders are just as bad, rather than intervening, they join in. The job itself is very monotonous and there isn't much room for progression, especially if your face doesn't fit.
Pros
Sample Sales
Cons
Bully culture, bad management, tedious and repetitive work
They don't know where they are going
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leavesden, Hertfordshire15 September 2017
Poor management
Old boy's club
Absurd 121's
Stupidity
Backstabbing
Pros
Free food and coffee
Cons
Many
lack of communication
Picking (Former Employee) –  Grimethorpe, South Yorkshire29 August 2017
a typical day picking at asos ws turning up getting your gun and listining to team leaders for 5 minuits in the morning then left to do whatever the rest of the shift there was no communication after that
Pros
free bus to work provided by agency not asos
Cons
long hours, no progression, lack of comunication
Avoid it
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leavesden Green22 August 2017
It's a Big Brother where everyone spy and shadow everyone, everything is based in opinions from other people. You will progress if they like you, if you have a face.
HR is clueless.
Some team leaders are promoted based in popularity.
Fake smiles and rude behaviour from teenagers.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
Early shifts, nasty advisers, people swearing
Fun workplace
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leavesden, Hertfordshire15 August 2017
ASOS is a fun place to work. It's an easy place to make friends and has a relaxed environment. I would recommend it if you want to meet new people. There isn't much room for growth and the hours can make your life very unsociable.
Pros
Discount and relaxed environment
Cons
Unsociable shift patterns
Very fun environment to work in
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire2 August 2017
Working at ASOS was great, as the environment is very fun, vibrant and diverse! The best thing about working for ASOS is that there is always opportunity to progress.
Pros
Sample sale
Fun work place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 July 2017
Very fun to work with ASOS and they always look to help you out. For example I was hired for full time hours and I wanted to go part time they accommodated this for me.
Pros
Free lunch
fun
Customer Service Advisor & Social Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire17 July 2017
The job was basic as it was a temp role, but i had a lot of fun.
There was a sample sale every thursday which was amazing, the work was not hard at all.
Pros
cheap clothes
Cons
boring
Customer care advisor
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead15 July 2017
Great staff benefits at ASOS. Its a fun environment to work in and you are given the opportunity to grow within the company, you have to hit daily targets and have weekly meetings with your team leader.
Easy work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow21 June 2017
The management is terrible and bullying within The company is on going I would not recommend this company to anyone staff have zero discipline and no respect for them selves or customers.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Terrible place to work
-good company
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, Greater London14 June 2017
good company, good benefits

relaxed working enviroment

nice working environment

Friendly staff, good use of connections in industry

Liked working here, flexi working hours.
repetative and very poor management
Warehouse / Picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, Barnsley, UK2 June 2017
if you are a picker like I was you will be given a target to reach based on how many items you pick every hour which is impossible to beat as there are 5 floors everyone fighting to get a trolley some days id be there 2 hours until I got a trolley, very underpaid to say how much work you actually do (you have to run all day to get anywhere near your targets) if not they will give any reason to get rid of you, in my opinion they just use you to get by the xmas period. also you will be lucky to even get 3 days per week, definatly not a place to work if your looking for security,
Pros
meet new people and make good friends
Cons
no security, get treated unfairly
Not somewhere I'd work again.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimethorpe, South Yorkshire16 May 2017
The hours are long and breaks are short. standards are rather low, dust litters shelves within the warehouse that aren't used and some areas feel unsafe though likely are safe.
Pros
Decent wages, Games area for during breaks, before and after work.
Cons
Long hours, little to no rest from standing, constantly standing as a warehouse picker.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Care Team (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire15 May 2017
A typical day at work would start by going to grab a drink and choose a computer to work from. I would open up my emails and begin my day by answering queries from customers and dealing with them in the appropriate manner and in the "ASOS tone of voice". I did shift work, so depending on my hours would also depend on my breaks/lunches. The work environment was very friendly and I loved being a part of the team. I never got bored because of the energy throughout the workplace and I enjoyed helping each customer with their individual queries.

From working with ASOS, I feel that I developed a lot through my working skills and also as a person through aspects such as my confidence. I gained and developed skills such as time management, people skills, customer care, reliability and how to deal and cope through different scenarios, which has benefited me a lot through day to day life and also through a work mentality.

The management was excellent, we had team meetings every week to update us and notify us of upcoming events and how as a team we are getting on, which was really useful. Everyone was very friendly which made work a happy place and an escape.

The hardest part of the job would have been when it was peak times such as Christmas or when there was an ASOS sale, the queries were very high demand and our targets went up. Meaning that it was a more pressured environment to get emails and replies sent out as quickly as possible and to also keep the emails at a high standard and answer the customer correctly.

The most enjoyable part of working with ASOS was the events
  more... that they held and also the people that work there are all quite young and very friendly, which made going to work something to look forward too.  less
Pros
Free drinks, Free snacks, 40% discount
Cons
Parking
Excellent place to work
Spanish Market Language Support (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead12 May 2017
There's music, lively atmosphere and management is great. Fruit is available as well as coffee and other hot drinks. Location is very convenient and although it is a fast paced environment, the way they carry on with their work makes more amiable.
friendly laid back environment
Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 May 2017
Lovely management, friendly laid back environment, supportive colleagues, casual dress code.

Job can be difficult when customers are irate but if you need help there is always staff to help you.
productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire8 May 2017
We was trained for 4 weeks in picking orders in totes or trollies. I was also asked to do other roles in my time there like for example, packing and stock control.
worst work experience ever
image retoucher (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 May 2017
The hours were awful, manager barely knew who i was, all about numbers and cost, I had to wear my coat while working at my computer cos the open space was freezing cold, a number of employees complained about the temperature to no avail, zero benefits, everyone keeps to themselves cos company moral is at zero so don't expect to make any friends within the company, 0 out of 10, do not recommend
Pros
Cons
everything
Asos
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 May 2017
I highly enjoyed working here over the summer period within the customer service sector. Very positive and enjoyable place of work and would love to go back.
Pros
Sample Sales
Cons
Strange Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASOS.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9