ASOS.com Employee Reviews

Productive fast paced workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire13 January 2018
Great place to work, provides the skills needed to progress in the workplace and climb up the ladder. No day was the same, always on the move, never not busy and always had a trainer and team leader close by if needed. Prepared to be on your feet all day doing a minimum of 6miles a day.
fun
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead12 January 2018
My job role ad responsibilities was to deal with customers who contacted the company regarding any issues on their orders. This meant I had to personally diagnose and find a solution to the trouble they were having with us. I did so via phone calls, emails and live chat.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Weekends
Amazing Place to work
Online Trading Optimisation Asisstant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 January 2018
Lovely team and company to work with, amazing discount benefits
Fun enviroment,
Friendy sttaff
amazing parties
very welcoming - Just lack of management
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
not great salary
Fun & enjoy
Warehouse Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  UK7 January 2018
Typical day to when not been able to achieving given target.Learned to love the work.Management was absolutely perfect.Workplace culture was fit & friendly.The hardest part when lagging behind to hit target.Most enjoyable when targets being achieved in every hour.
Pros
Free Tea & Coffee
Bloody Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leavesden5 January 2018
A complete joke, did a couple of days temp work, well I say work, if you could get signed on the computer. This company is completely shambolic. 30 new starters,and not enough staff to train them.

So would like to have done some work, but alas no.
Pros
Parking.
Productive and fun place to work.
Warehouse picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire15 December 2017
I worked on afternoon shift, from 3 pm to 11 pm as a picker. A target was huge but all the management was very helpful and all the workers supported each other fantastically. We had one longer half an hour break, great opportunity to use a canteen where was super good food. Every day I was very tired but happy.
I learned how works huge warehouse system and scanning skill of bare codes.I learned as well how to control stock.
The management was very helpful and respectful.
The workplace culture was the best with all respect and politeness.
The hardest part was huge target and if scanning gun did not work well.
The most enjoyable was a friendly enviroment and the busy workplace.
Pros
Canteen; friendly atmosphere.
Cons
No Bank Holiday pay if is your shift day; plus-hours.
Not what it seems.
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire13 December 2017
The company seems like a fun place to work for during the interview process, but during training you realise that it’s a very school like atmosphere. The training is practically useless as you don’t actually get a chance to have a go at replying to queries. It’s all theory. The job seems okay once you start and if you are lucky like me you get a great team. The job starts to get incredibly repetitive after a while, however this is not the companies fault. Your replies get marked by a quality team every week and there is something new wrong with your work every week, for example I was marked down because of how I wrote the date (DD/MM/YYYY). The rating you receive from the quality team is crucial, if you get below a 3 it’s not good news, however there is very little help to get your ratings up from team leaders. Your ratings are told to you in weekly 121 meetings which were pointless as you just discussed how the week went but it was more to just talk about all the things they feel you have done wrong. The higher management are absolutely vile to anyone below them including team leaders. It’s all fake smiles and gossip here. I would not recommend.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Repetitive, micro management, thankless job, no progression.
Id rather be on the dole!
Picker/Packer/stock control/ Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley30 November 2017
Avoid at all cost's!!! Do not go to asos its a place were you will feel like a slave getting bullied. We are not robot's we ate human!! You have no human rights there.
Pros
Card bored dinners
Horrible place
German adviosr (Current Employee) –  Leavesdon, Hertfordshire20 November 2017
Honestly it is a really horrible place to work at especially if you are a German advisor.

Management is horrible they dont really care or have a clue what is happening on the language team.

The job itself is not that hard, it is just repetitive.

There is nothing enjoyable about the job.
Pros
Sample sale
Cons
Underpaid and overworked
Not a nice place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Barnsley17 November 2017
only one 45 min break, take ages to get out of work, most staff are rude and arrogant, packers have to stand for the full 8 hours without a seat as do pickers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
rude staff
Fun company to work for
Retoucher (Former Employee) –  London10 November 2017
Loved working here. Always fun things going on. Good benefits and friendly people. I stayed there a long time because of this, but there was no progression and the pay wasnt great.
Pros
Fun, friendly, sociable
Cons
No progression
fun enviroment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire3 November 2017
I have worked here for a few months, and the people are so friendly to work with and the environment is big and its a nice place to work with all the people.
ok its a job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire22 October 2017
its a basic job nothing much anyone with half a brain cell can work the job its a in-between jobs place don't expect much so wont be dishearten It easy job to get high turnover
Fun workplace
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire4 October 2017
Management could be improved. But such a great company to work for. Benifits are amazing too. The night shifts do take over your life a little but the four days off make up for it.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Long night shifts
good
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire3 October 2017
good place to work, long 12 hour shifts but made them fun, travelled put of hull everyday to this work place.. all fun and games dealing with different items
Run as fast as you can terrible company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leavesden, Hertfordshire21 September 2017
If you are happy with big bother go head. Otherwise avoid that company. Everybody is controlling everyone. To much gossip like at school.

When you suggest ideas which can improve the customer service, they will drag you down with their fake big smile. But it's someone that they like,no problem.

No progression. If the popular people doesn't like you, you will be their target. They don't look at your skills and competencies. Fake friendly environment.
Pros
Free fruits, sample sales, discounts
Cons
Long hours, forget about progression if you are not popular, high turn over
Terrible!!
Picker (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire21 September 2017
Right where do i start. I have had this job for over a week now and its absolutely terrible . I had 1 day of training basically they showed us what to do and then it was a case of get a picking gun and get on with it. Everyone around are like robots trying to hit targets ect. Management think that they are god and look at you like a peice of poo . I was searching 5 floors for over a hour trying to find a trolley. And god forbid if you make a mistake on your gun they won't log you out so basically you cant do anything until they do this. We are just a number to them and they dont care if you are hurting or not.
Pros
Non
good atmosphere
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimethorpe18 September 2017
very good atmosphere, easy to work, only problem is if working on previous agency.
good hours, decent pay, good food in canteen, and not bad price. plenty of parking
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Terrible
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead16 September 2017
Asos is the worst place I have ever worked! The atmosphere is very tense and uncomfortable. There is so much gossiping and bullying that goes on here, it is much worse than a playground. Team Leaders are just as bad, rather than intervening, they join in. The job itself is very monotonous and there isn't much room for progression, especially if your face doesn't fit.
Pros
Sample Sales
Cons
Bully culture, bad management, tedious and repetitive work
They don't know where they are going
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leavesden, Hertfordshire15 September 2017
Poor management
Old boy's club
Absurd 121's
Stupidity
Backstabbing
Pros
Free food and coffee
Cons
Many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASOS.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9