ASDA Employee Reviews

Productive yet unsupportive
Permanent/Part Time (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 October 2017
Although it is an amazing workplace environment, the managment are unsupportive and completely disregard respext and understanding, overall a good place to start an everlasting career
Pros
Colleagues and customers
Cons
Managment skills
Good to work for
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset16 October 2017
At ASDA you are looked after and get many benefits of being their employee. You also have the possibility of working on different departments and learning new skills.
Great at putting people first
Space Optimisation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds16 October 2017
great work life balance, the management went out of their way to accommodate anything life threw at you

job was varied every day, never boring.

any one in the company, however high could be challenged by anyone.
Pros
good management and team spirit
Cons
lowest cost to operate often meant hitting deadlines was more important than thourough data
Boring, repetitive and terrible management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex16 October 2017
Management at Asda is dreadful! So unprofessional, unfair and in reliable. They mess you around with holiday, shifts and days off! Wouldn’t recommend to anyone.
Good work atmosphere
Shop floor Assistant/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sutton, Greater London15 October 2017
Good company to work for enjoyed the time I spent there but unfortnalty had family issue at the time cost me to leave i would love to work for asda again in the future if I get the chance too
Asda Colleague (Current Employee) –  Rhyl15 October 2017
Great atmosphere at work with colleagues and customers.
Opportunity to learn new skills in customer service on a daily basis.
Excellent management team who are easy to work with.
Opportunity to progress within the industry.
Asda Acen (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex14 October 2017
The company was a good place to work for they do help with a lot of things
There are always hours if needing over time
The managers work hard to make sure your being treated well
Pros
Good staff room
Lots of overtime
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire14 October 2017
mainly shift work, lots of overtime available. will be able to gain lots of customer service skills here. pretty flexible about time off. 10% colleague discount.
Outgoing
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent14 October 2017
It was very instresting meeting a lot of new people that am even friends with now .Their where a lot of people from different backgrounds working their.never really struggled doing this job found it very enjoyable .
Lovely colleagues
Counter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire13 October 2017
A good paid job but not many hours for me as I need to look into the future and need a bigger benefit. Sometimes the wage can be corrupt. Lovely people to work with.
Pros
Good hour rate
Cons
Short hours
Great environment to work in
Ignite Retail LCOM Manager South West/ South Wales (Current Employee) –  South Wales & South West13 October 2017
Have worked for Asda over 21 years and enjoy many aspects of the company..
The colleagues I have worked with made the roles fun and enjoyable over the years
Good
Bakery Replen (Former Employee) –  UK13 October 2017
Learned a lot and gained valuable experience. As a student, the pay was decent. The managers were usually understanding and overall nice. Occasionally worked more hours than I'd have liked to and days could sometimes drag if the hours were long and there wasn't a lot of work to do.
Walmart is a horrible place to work and a sinking ship.
Chilled Colleague (Current Employee) –  Kirkcaldy, Fife13 October 2017
Horrible place to work. Management has no respect for colleagues, protocols are counterproductive and time wasting, making it difficult to do a good job. Most of the colleagues don't care about their jobs which in return makes your more difficult unless you lack the morals to care about doing an honest days work for the company who is paying you. But then again, Walmart is so morally broken that it feels morally wrong to work for them, even if you need to feed yourself.
Cons
Shift patterns are terrible, management have no respect for colleagues
Productive, fun and safe work place
Stock replenishment / Customer service (Former Employee) –  London, Old Kent Road13 October 2017
Manageable work load on a daily bases,learned how to challenge with work load and time management in my work place and in my personal life.
with the change of newly qualified managers with out experience, colleagues get overworked and disappointed.as the company recruits with a different back ground people you learn new things to each other.
The hard time of the job is when seasonal event approaches and the most enjoyable part of the job is, when the workload is completed with the time scale, and when you see a happy face from every one.
Pros
Extra paid holiday leave, a time and half payments and extra colleague discount on accoutions.
Cons
when the job is finished, you clock out early and get paid your contracted hours.
Productive workplace
Till worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 October 2017
In this job I learnt how to communicate with the customers whilst working at a reasonable pace.
I made friends with most the staff
Also had to learn the whereabouts of items so I could help customers find what they were looking for with ease
I was responsible for my toll area which I had to keep uncluttered clean and tidy
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long unsociable hours
busy place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire12 October 2017
can be long hours shift work 7 days a week, overtime gets taken up very quickly and can be distributed unfairly occasionally buy overtime can be obtained if you are trained on other departments in the store.
Productive & fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire12 October 2017
Excellent workforce, I learned many skills including retail & customer service, also general housekeeping. The hardest part of the job was the heavy crates of food. The workplace culture was great & everyone treated each other fairly.
Decent job, nice people
Driver (Current Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire11 October 2017
Lovely people to work with, wages are poor, hours are not enough, only get 34 hours a week, need more hours to pay bills, can only get overtime on rare occasions
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Wages
Productive and energetic
Long hours (Current Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire11 October 2017
I always work over my limit and enjoy working under pressure especially when it is busy at work. Hardworking and dedicated to my job as it speak out the number of years I spend with Asda.
Happy with working here
Counter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire11 October 2017
I've worked for Asda for 18 years and have been more than happy in my time spent here. I work as part of a team and we all pull together. Management are very approachable and always prepared to listen to anything we have a problem with and help us. Customer service is high on the list of priorities and we have many customers whom are regulars and always are ready to chat.
I work nights on replenishment at the moment and have done for 15 years and many of the staff have been here for up to 30 years which goes to show its a good company with good work ethics.
It can be hard work at times but we always pull together to deliver a good job for the following day.
Pros
Discount. Celebration lunches. Christmas Party. Christmas shopping day. Double discount days.
Cons
Hard work if short staffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.