ASDA Employee Reviews

asda workplacement
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 December 2017
the workplacement was alright had ago on different things like george clothing, bread, sweets and milk isles

we had to do a 8 week course on asda aswel to get a certificate
Pros
lunch breaks
A joke of a company
Home Shopper (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon9 December 2017
The company has gone downhill over the last few years. They’ll be down and out if it carries on the way it’s going.
The home shopping department is a joke. Not enough staff to cover the department meaning other employees would be pulled off of their department to get the Home Shopping done. If you can get hold of the equipment needed to do the job, there’s a good chance it’ll be faulty.
The morale on the department is terrible.

In short, if your young, want to donate all your time to the company and make your way up to be a section leader then this is a good place to be.
ASDA don’t care about you other wise.
Pros
Flexibility and options to advance
Cons
Poor or lack of equipment and staff
Just ok
Asda Colleague (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland8 December 2017
Under staffed, too much pressure put on junior managers. Cutting hrs in certain departments & then getting help from other departments, leaving many colleagues over worked. Work rotas never accurate. Higher level management ruining store and leaving lots of very unhappy customers.
Pros
Colleague discount
Cons
Late nights & weekend work
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire8 December 2017
Staff are only very friendly and helpful

A good staff ethos and people will help you if they see that you are struggling

Not a fan of the shift patterns
Excellent Employer
Transport Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear8 December 2017
Fun place to work and a pleaseure working there. Respect for the individual on a daily basis. Always showing colleagues what a good job looks like. Promotion is there for colleagues who desire the challenge.
Great Company For People with special needs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Radford6 December 2017
The company is good in its values for employing peoplewith speacil needs.
Their interveiw process is also unusual in the sense that they test your personality along with other people, to see if your suitable for the position.
expect too much
Home Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Coventry5 December 2017
all employees are on same hourly wage regardless if they are trained to work in the pharmacy, drive a delivery van or collect trolleys from the car park. As a driver they are often pushing you to work all day from 7:30am to 10:00pm and often without a proper break
Pros
discount card, yearly bonus, shares
diverse
Fresh Process Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire5 December 2017
Working at Asda is very diverse, one minute you can be getting verbal abuse from one customer the next you can be having a good laugh with another, you never know what the day can bring, the parts of the day where customers leave you alone your trusted to just get on with your job and complete your task.
At my store the colleagues get on very well, its rare to see anyone not getting along, the management are diverse too, some are good cop some are bad cop, I really enjoy leading my team and getting the best from them,
Pros
10% discount
a job for the futcher
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Bloxwich5 December 2017
good to work for at times the hours are very flexible worker are very friendly to work with the management leave you to work thing out but are always there to correct you
Pros
happy go lucky
Cons
very strict on lost time
Was alright
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Doncaster5 December 2017
Wasn't enjoying it because of management made the job a lot harder by always being in moods taking it out on others. It was enjoyable because was working on own.
good workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne5 December 2017
customer assistant job working on the shop floor. making products available for customers and helping them with any inquiries. clock in clock out system, for work experiance. time went quick.
Pros
workplace
low pay
Home shopping driver (Former Employee) –  Colchester4 December 2017
low pay never got any support from any management or team leaders after my 3 days on my own left iin the middl;e of nowwhere when it was snowing for 3 hours for a brake down and got moaned at for the van broke down :(
Pros
Cons
lots
Good
Home Shopping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon4 December 2017
Good to work for help when you need help work as a team and staff are always there to help you have to be happy and friendly to customers at all times
Asda is an enjoyable place to work
Personnel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath4 December 2017
Working closely with the Managers in the office. Assisting colleagues with queries, Inputting Personal data. Managing absences. Sending letters regarding Investigations, Disciplinary's and AWOL's. Monthly newsletters for the colleagues.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
I didn't experience any
Productive and friendly workplace
Chilled Colleague (Former Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall3 December 2017
I have been working at Asda Stores in St Austell in the chilled department. Roles include stock rotation, delivery participation, warehouse tasks and working with colleagues and members of the public. I have gained further experience on the tills. This involves dealing with money, quick seamless service and inputting information into the computer till system.
I have to maintain a profession and neat manner and I like to think I help and support the customers with their shopping experience.
In Asda I have gained confidence in myself and with working with others. I am able to ask for guidance when I feel I need it.
Pros
Store discount, paid holiday
Cons
early mornings, repetitive
Home delivery driver
Asda Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wales3 December 2017
Nice easy job good bunch of boys to work with just poor wage. Management are ok but do have there favourites .the new flex contract is a real pain .
Pros
Work amd life style balance
Cons
Wages
Worst place to work for in the world
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire2 December 2017
When i got my job i was so thankful for it but as the years passed by i started hating work so much that i had to go to doctors as i felt depressed. It is so cold dirty and discusting
Managers are very bad and dont care what you think or ask if your ok. Training is a must but they dont provide you with the right training.
Safety is my biggest worry too that the managers dont even care about.
Checkouts is so boring and so cold
You literally have to worship every customer you serve.
And all you do is wait for home time.
Its so boring and time drags to badly
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Pay. Work conditions.managers.staff.hours.contracts.breaks.borderm.unfair.
Ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stowmarket, Suffolk1 December 2017
Ok company to work for, some managers are nice but some are horrid, found it ideal to work evenings due to having a small child but when u can’t do a shift or extra your made to feel guilty
Pros
Ideal for people with young children or a first time in a job
Cons
Want to much from you, pressured into extra hours
Boring work
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Bideford, Devon1 December 2017
Boring job. The jobs at ASDA are more ideal for students as they are non stimulating tasks which are paid an averagely decent wage. Definitely not a job you'd want forever.
Pros
average wage
Cons
boring
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk1 December 2017
By far the worst work placement I've ever had. The staff were rude, the management were unfriendly and unsupportive, I got disiplined for being signed off with clinical depression which was an ongoing issue. I was slowly made to feel worse until I left for my own sanity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.