ASDA Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Retailer (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire23 February 2018
i enjoyed working for asda when i was there got along with all the staff they all treated me as part of there team would i work there again of course i would they are good to work for.
Pros
good company
Very Good Team Spirit
E-Commerce Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross23 February 2018
Asda is a good company to work for. Like most large businesses they are undergoing restructuring. This includes the colleagues being required to work more flexible hours. I believe the pay structure is more favorable than competitors. Overall I think this is a good company.
Pros
Annual bonus and shares
Cons
some anti social hours
Asda Portrack - Power mad managers
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham23 February 2018
Managers constantly look for someone to be their scapegoat, penalise and discipline people who do a lot more than other colleagues. Only a handful of managers offer help and get stuck in, the rest like to point their fingers and take no responsibility for their own mistakes.
Pros
Flexible hours
very good place to work
Asda service colleague (Former Employee) –  Coventry22 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Asda living. it was only meant to be a stop gap while i found something else but i ended up staying for nearly 2 years.
Pros
lovely atmosphere, friendly people
Cons
weekend working
Good staff, very poor management
Home Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Keighley21 February 2018
Used to be a good place to work. Changed into a place where you couldn't do anything.
Changing rules of work every other day.
Management don't have a clue.
Pros
Once you out driving you your own boss.
Cons
Too many too name
Employee focused
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham21 February 2018
I loved working for Asda!
Such a good company to work for at employee level, although once I progressed to manager level the pressure was extreme. Overall a lovely place to work
Pros
Loads!! Discount, bonus, benefits, night's out, training
Cons
Management structure constantly changing ki
secure job, not much time off, management expect a lot from collegues
ambient collegue (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 February 2018
its a decent job with a decent wage £8.50 per hour but the flexible contract means that you may be required to work on your days off with 3 chances to turn down overtime. you may also be required to cover shifts on other departments on your contracted days off.

the management expect a lot from their colleges underneath them with most stores being understaffed and only just managing to cope with pressure at peak times, this twinned with adding "caps" onto departments meaning that certain departments in store have to cut hours to save money will add more pressure to colleagues.

a typical day at work on my department (Ambient grocery on a 10 hour shift would clude 1 hour of facing up from 12:00-13:00, stock replenishment until 15:00 , another hour of facing up, finish replenishment for 7 then begin picking the stock room until 21:00 then finish at 22:00.

in between helping customers, opperating tills at peak times to avoid queues, this can be quite difficuilt when understaffed, especially when your manager/ section leader is adding to your jobslist.
Pros
20% discount, £8.50 per hour, lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons
long hours, pressure
horrible
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Falkirk20 February 2018
always treated as a number not a human being, no job prospects what so ever, you must live to work not work to live with asda.
not a family orientated company
Pros
Cons
too many
Its ok
Store assistant (Current Employee) –  Kettering20 February 2018
Its an ok place to work, could be better could be worse. Not the best pay and people get away with doing nothing. There are chances to go up in the work place if thats what you want.
Ok place to work
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Cheshire20 February 2018
At times can be stressful yet rewarding with customer satisfaction. The colleagues make the work place for me personally however with the cuts less colleagues can mean less productivity.
Rewarding Role full of surprises
People Manager (Former Employee) –  Queensferry20 February 2018
Planned and organised day which is never the same as the day before.
I have learned about taking each day as it comes, taking a deep breath and focusing not spraying.

The management work extremely hard and do try and juggle different plates .

Hardest bit of the job.

Getting colleagues to understand why we need to change

Most enjoyable bit of the job

Developing colleagues through the business that deserve it
Pros
Energy
Cons
Long Hours
okay
Chilled Colleague (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham20 February 2018
Asda is a great place to start working, their is always hours and chances for promotion for those who seek it. Good team culture in the shifts i work.
Pros
freindly environment
Cons
small contracts
fun with work friends, only benefit of job
ambient colleague (Current Employee) –  merseyside20 February 2018
worked at asda for two years and trying my hardest to get out of it, it is repetitive and mind numbing to work for, i know everyday when i walk in i will get asked to drop the shop, thats all we ever get asked to do, everything is always left to the last minute also so when big bosses come in the shop has been rushed to look presentable. THe management is awful, getting any help when not being paid properly is a joke. I had one good term with asda when we had a certain manager but they got moved on to another store, after that it went downhill.
Family culture
Fresh Food Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenhithe, Kent20 February 2018
Great team
Challenging environment
Ever changing environment
Lack of job security in management and colleague roles due to the company constantly making cuts
Good job satisfaction
Pros
Great opportunities for the right individual
my time at asda
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket20 February 2018
was placed on a work placement by my college and I really enjoyed my time there the typical day at work as unloading the stock from the lorry and putting the stock out. wheat I learned was how to deal with difficult situations. the management was really helpful.
Okay i guess
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester19 February 2018
shifts can be long and can also drag, Very boring place however plenty of overtime, Management are okay but don't seem to notice you as much, I however learned good customer service skills
Pros
Overtime
fun workplace
Petrol Station and Store Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 February 2018
Good people to work with management are not helpfull at all most of the time they did not know what to do always asking the assistant for the help. Never got the right tools for the job and they would not pay for new stuff to help with the job
Pros
discount card
Cons
always late shifts
Comfortable workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire18 February 2018
During my time working at ASDA Living, all members of staff were supportive and considerate and always will to help if anyone was having problems. my day working was mostly helping customers with questions and organizing the stock.
Been working here to long
Night shift grocery assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 February 2018
Management don’t communicate with employees they want u to work faster on less time more work less people to help, cutting hours no overtime, and all you get is a 10% discount card
Pros
Discount card
Cons
You don’t get a thanks
Good and fun place to work
Shelf Replenisher (Current Employee) –  Hollingbury brighton17 February 2018
Hard at times ,, but theres always someone to help you. nice 15 min and 30 min break times , you learn something new everyday ,you get 10 percent discount card ,, and double discount day and get a bonus every feb
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K