Argos Employee Reviews

Need to provide more training
Warehouse Operative/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birstall20 October 2017
Managers operate a three strike system, which basically means three mistakes and you're fired. Instead of threatening with dismissal why not offer more training for these mistakes instead?
Was my first job changed now
Picker wearhouse (Former Employee) –  Parkhead19 October 2017
Was my first job back in the day its changed now don't no what more to say can't believe a have to right a review and doesn't give you a choice bit annoyed at that
Great place to work.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, England18 October 2017
Loved working here and would gladly go back. I enjoyed my time here and felt like a valued member of the team. All of my fellow associates made working in this fast paced environment a joy.
Argos
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Castleford18 October 2017
Main Duties included order picking and Edad. The management was great hours was of plenty over the Christmas period. I was kept on after Christmas but only as a temp.
Pros
Cheap meals
A secure job and brilliant management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yate18 October 2017
I worked at Argos, Yate a few years back and I must say it was a decent job. The managers actually managing; unlike so many other places iv worked. The managers respect you and are happy to teach you when your stuck. It's a job which gives a contract (most important ) and a contract with actual hours (no zero hours!!).

I worked during the period of Christmas season and black Friday - and it was extremely busy!!! There is only so much Frozen or One Direction toys you can cope with! Yuck!

You learn all aspects of the job -tills, warehouses and giving customers products.

Pay is the usual minimum wage.

Only con is that the headset worn in warehouse to find items is quite old and dliw- most of the time you can't understand it or it can't understand you so takes twice as long to find items.
Pros
Good team, good training, contracted, respectable managers, expected pay
Cons
Old headsets
Incredible workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abingdon16 October 2017
From the moment I stepped through the door on my first shift I felt at home, the management team I worked under were truly a blessing, I worked with great people every day and was always able to share a laugh with anyone on my shift; a true workplace family.
hard wok but well paid
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Castleford16 October 2017
hard work in warehouse, well paid just don't like that id busy only around Xmas time but after is quite and cancel shifts .
Was working with Agency 24/7
very welcoming
Christmas Temp part time (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, Worcestershire13 October 2017
adapted to my needs, warm and welcoming and great colleagues,
i learnt how to use a till and deal with customers in a professional manner,
the workplace culture was very nice overall
the hardest part was not being able to fulfill my position due to health reasons and i most enjoyed meeting new people helping customers and the friendly staff.
Pros
flexible around my health
Cons
they didn't keep me
Fun
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontardawe, South Glamorgan13 October 2017
A very demanding job especially at Christmas and there are a lot of systems to learn, but once you have, Argos is a fun company to work for. Need a basic knowledge of some products however
Temporary Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset12 October 2017
Typical day would be busy as this is a big company therefore there wasnt really time to rest within picking out item but the management and the people around you made it worth will as they would lighten up your mood within job hours.

Want to know more about Argos?

Ask a question
Fun work
argos warehouse (Former Employee) –  Reading11 October 2017
I like working in Argos I was sad to leave but it was only for Christmas staff I made so many great friends there at the sort time I was there
And I loved helping costumers when they needed it
Pros
Great friends
Cons
Had to buy own food
Fun place to work
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Weymouth11 October 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Argos, all the managers were pleasant and helpful.

My colleagues did the best they could so that we achieved great results
Pros
Enjoyable, shifts went quickly
Cons
Pay wasn't great and not enough hours
Fun, sociable,
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn11 October 2017
Briefing,
work location, for eg. If a cashier or at service desk, then your location would be shop floor.
Collection of equipment - usually a order picking voice activated system.
Serve customers
wait till order is ready to be collected from belt, then placing it on the pre counter desk until its ready to dispatch to the customer.
serve customer with product and stamp receipt of received goods.

Learned the process, how to operate tills, and voice activator system.
Pros
facilities in canteen
Cons
irregular hours
Great
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 October 2017
Working at argos is pleasant, I gained more people skills whilst here. The hardest part is standing for long periods and most enjoyable is working with customers who appreciate your service
Pros
discounts
Cons
standing for long periods
Boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth10 October 2017
My job consisted of carrying boxes around the stockroom, maybe good for a first job, but it's not the kind of job that anyone would choose to go back to. The hours weren't very long but the job was so boring that it felt like a long time.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Salary, Boring job
Lovely collegues
Sales Assistant ( x team leader) (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 October 2017
Great people i work with , rota changes every week so work different all the time so can be hard to fit around family life school runs etc unless got an understandable boss
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Hours all over the place
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands9 October 2017
I worked here is a Christmas temp, fun place to work, chances to earn bonuses, different sections to keep it varied. Hours were low after Christmas thoug. Met some nice people
Pros
nice staff
Cons
low hours
meh
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rushden9 October 2017
150 characters is a lot for a Christmas job.

they were good, pay was about right, 10% off at Argos

management was okay, good laugh

come january they got rid of all the temp staff
Not that good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire9 October 2017
Mostly the management wouldn't do anything. Once my manger just went shopping instead also had no idea how to work the tills. I never got my login for my till even though I asked several times. My actual colleagues were lovely and provided help and support throughout my experience.
productive busy work place
Christmas staff (Former Employee) –  Thamesmead, Greater London8 October 2017
Buzzing atmosphere where you are very much part of the team. There is always something new to learn and the chance to advance your career. You must be able to multi-task, especially at busy times of the year and always be friendly as you are dealing with customers face to face on a regular basis
Pros
20% discount and good salary
Cons
can get a little hectic at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos. Our community is ready to answer.