Arcadia Group Limited Employee Reviews

It was a good place to work at
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire23 October 2017
There used to sell goods e.g. clothes, shoes, furniture at a very low price, whenever stores did not managed to sell them.

They had specific days that they sold the clothes and you were allowed to take someone with you.
Pros
Great clthing sales
Cons
Good hours
Career Opportunities
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside19 August 2017
Working for such a large group there are so many career paths to choose. Very good benefits. Plenty of promtions available across the country. Hard work but rewarding.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Fun
Internship (Former Employee) –  London10 August 2017
The office had a nice working environment, i was made to feel included and needed. Intern jobs were interesting and i enjoyed my internship there. Friendly people..
Pros
nice working environment
Overview of Arcadia daily
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire1 August 2017
A typical day at work due to being a key holder was to unlock the store, organise the tills and floats for the day and check any emails. Then I would look into the daily rota, and begin my shift which would includes customer service, account opening and cash handling whilst working in the fashion culture. I learnt many valuable skills over the past 13 years and have become a better all rounded employee and team member working along side different styles of management and colleagues. What I found challenging within the job would be to achieve KPI's on a daily basis however I enjoyed the challenge but the most enjoyable part was meeting new and existing customers and building rapport with them.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Constant change of managment
Enjoyable and varied job, lots of public and team interaction
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire21 July 2017
Tends to be enthusiastic team members as Topshop product is good quality and desirable. Customers enjoy their shopping experience and so generally happy to be in store and issues can be quickly resolved. Very happy in my job role, however my current small store is being closed and I will be made redundant as no jobs within 30 miles to transfer across to. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Topshop career and have been able to gain experience in many different aspects of the business.
Pros
Fun environment, great product to sell
Cons
Low hourly pay
Fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Upminster, Greater London19 July 2017
The staff that I work with are very supportive and make sure the work environment is a happy place. I do feel as if the salary isn't enough for a stable lifestyle.
Store manager discriminates against women with children
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Handforth, Cheshire9 July 2017
If you're a mum looking for part time work this is not the place for you! He'll promise you set shifts/days then change it with no notice! There is only ever one weeks rota up at a time so its impossible to arrange childcare for the following week.
Most staff have their contracts changed (illegally) with no notice period.
Any complaints to Human Resources are swept under the carpet.
Holiday requests are often refused.
Management are not interested in progressing their team, you'll literally be a 'dogs body' until you come to your senses and finally make the descision leave.
Pros
nice team
Cons
terrible manager
Terrible
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire27 June 2017
Poor management no regard for staff poor pay long hours no staff rota so you never knew what you were working one week to the next. No training I was expected to just get on with it when I asked the store manager for help I was told to do it myself.
Pros
Cons
Poor hours pay management
Nice staff but poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 June 2017
No matter how hard you work and how good you are at your job if your face doesn't fit or dare to have an opinion then progression is a no go!
All managers have their favourites and will push those forward,everyone else is just expendable.
They don't look after the staff that do work hard and that is why this store/company will eventually fall.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Managers
Be prepared to stay where you are for years.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire19 April 2017
Poor management/wages/progression/hours(if needed)

Expected to work all the time with no praise or raise in money, minimum wage isn't worth it for Arcadia. As well being underpaid and not getting the hours you have worked back.

If you have a problem the managers have no ounce of empathy or sympathy to help, so you're left in the middle of whatever problems you have in out of the work place.

No progression means no raise in wages but the only way you progress is if you lick whoever behind to whatever area manager.

A lot of members of staff don't pull their weight, so you'll be expected to do your job as well as theirs.

Can be fun but most members of staff can make it sour and cold.
If you're needing a job with good wages and brilliant advancement...I wouldn't recommend

If you're hip and in university, it's suited for you...
Just be prepared to be miserable
Pros
There is probably somewhere...
Cons
Poor money/management/progression/members of staff
Not a bad place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea17 April 2017
People I've worked with over the years I've worked there are fun great to get along with everyone is always willing to help you out with anything that you need
awful treatment
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire12 April 2017
Having worked both as a staff member for arcadia and as a brand lead associate, I would not reccomend arcadia as an employer they pay minimum wage and expect way to much from staff and management who get little if any praise or thanks for Their hard work!
don't be fooled by the generous discount or uniform allowance as the cost of the majority of there stock is massively overpriced and not great quality! tat is what it is and overpriced compared to other highstreet brands !
Pros
meeting nice people work collegues
Cons
long hours minimum wage expect to work christmas newyear all bank holidays in retail
Not a nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham5 April 2017
I really enjoyed working in fashion but unfortunately the people that I worked with were horrible. The managers were not helpful at all when I went to them with the problems I was having and in the end I just had to leave even though I liked working in fashion.

There were no rewards for anything you did sometimes you would be offered some sweets or a gift card if you got an account on but that was the only thing you were ever reward for. Anything else that you did in store was never recognised it was only ever accounts you got something for and even then.. sweets?

Over all it was a horrible place to work and I don't know how I worked there for so long.
Pros
25% staff discount
Cons
Contract stayed the same for years. Horrible staff. Bad atmophere. Negative. No rewards. No bonus.
Arcadia
general dogsbody (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 February 2017
Political, micro-management, overly constrained, difficult progression, lots of friendly people, curious processes, salary not great for effort required.
Pros
possibly
Cons
many
People there were lovely
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 February 2017
People there were lovely and friendly and I'd definitely work there again. the pay is really good and it's a brilliant experience, I was till trained right away and treat like part of the team from the day I joined. I really enjoyed working there but sadly my contract was only temporary and I couldn't be kept on due to there being not enough money.
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
5 hour shifts with no breaks allowed, Always hungry by end of my shift
Fun place to work
Creative Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 November 2016
Fun place to work but very poorly paid and long hours expected. They believe your payment is being able to put "Arcadia" on your CV. Friendly members of staff and sociable environment.
Pros
Sociable
Don't do it.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 October 2016
The management are completely corrupt, the place is a joke. If you do your job well don't expect to be able to progress; intelligence and efficiency doesn't matter, all that matters is how far up managements' bum you can be.
Pros
Okay salary, good shift patterns
Cons
Nepotism
great benifits
Store Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Bracknell23 September 2016
Nice place to work in. People are very nice. Great benefits for long term employees and for the employees family members. I would work for the company again if the had positions
Not very productive
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Shirley, ENG27 January 2016
The job is very easy.
It consist on packing products by following a paper based list and in the end pack everything.
The job is alright but it doesn't teach you nothing and, specially the salary is very low.
Lovely place to work at
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG10 October 2015
Busy lovely shop
Sell goods in person and over the phone
Tidy up shop floor, sale store cards etc
Help customers choose an outfits
Pros
Fair
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arcadia Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9