Amey Plc Employee Reviews

Stay well away
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire7 December 2017
The worse place anyone could work management are a joke not even qualified to be managers and gave no respect for agency workers absolute disgrace the way they treat staff
Cons
Poor environment poor managers
is good company
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Harlow20 November 2017
it works well the bosses are attentive they help you in everything and the work is good is a good company they are good payers and they recognize you the good work you do
Bad management
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire19 November 2017
There are people working for decades (at least 20 years) doing the same role day after day, year after year without any chance of progression, however the pretty ones are promoted after a few months working in the company.
The management is bad: some roles can be made in 2 hours and the lucky ones work very slow to make time to make the 3 hours shift;
others have to work very fast and hard to finish the work on time, basically the volume of work is badly distributed only the favourite ones have the easier roles.
No perspective of progression or changing role. The only way to change role is when coming back from statutory sick.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Do not work here!!!!!
Assistant Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire14 November 2017
This is by far the worst place to work.
No career progression No honesty No Ethics.
Bullying & Discrimination occurs a lot at Amey by all levels, especially Management. Forget Health&Safety laws, the only laws religiously followed are racial discrimination and unfair treatment if you are the minority.
Pros
Honestly? Nothing
Cons
Honestly? Everything
my workplace is a great place to work
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 November 2017
I am a cleaner at a secondary school and I am looking for extra afternoon work in a school I am a hard worker I always listen to my seniors I am punctual and a good time keeper.
Pros
great team work
Cons
no cons
not a good company to work at or work with.
Caretaker/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Northampton12 November 2017
Bad management due to bullying and lieing to employees and give no back when necessary they constantly try to cut your wages and then conn people out of time and money wherever possible.
Pros
was close to home
Cons
managers are liers and bullies and stab you in the back.
Worst place I've ever worked
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool8 November 2017
Wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. Greedy corporation with managers who don't care about their employees. Full of gossipers and people who speak to you like dirt.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Worst place I have worked
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Wymott Garth prisons17 October 2017
The worst place to work on the planet. Management are useless constantly back stabbing the lads will promise the world but deny the convocations ever happened when it comes to delivering. Health and Saftey is non existent unless it suits management just told to deal with it. I would never recommend to anybody to work for amey at these sites. Pay is awful with no chance of progression. The only plus side is the lads below management are great to work with.
Pros
Cons
Everything about amey
Terrible place
Operative (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire16 October 2017
H&S only exists when it suits management other than that you just get told to get on with it even when you say it's not safe and you don't feel safe.pay is horrible only just sustain a regular life work load is a joke constantly pushed to do more than required the gang staff are what makes it worth it can meet great people on the ground but management sucks
Pros
Work mates
Cons
Pay, H&s, attitude toward you
Regularly reducing staff numbers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oxford11 October 2017
Started in Hanuary 2012 although contract didnt materialise until November 2012. Enjoyed my time at Amey but the last two years been difficult with good people leaving. Now it's the security team's turn. Probably end 30th November 2017. Will be a sad day.
Pros
Pays good and my team good
Cons
Poor senior management
Constructive overview - positive
Interim Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire11 October 2017
Excellent organisation to work for; they are keen to develop their staff; I enjoyed the assignment I had there.
If I wasn't an interim then I would apply to join full time.
Pros
Org values are strong; ethics strong; challenging operations lead with strong team
Cons
Observed some staff feel less engaged with corporate direction, diverse clients means operations all-over uk (some small pockets), harder to share corporate values.
Good environment
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire27 September 2017
Amey is a good company where you can learn how different industries work. You can interact with people located in different places of the country in order to achieve a common goal.
Avoid at at costs for your career
Designer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom15 September 2017
Terrible company, back stabbing, two faced managment that work on ridculas time managment meathods. Work from home is as bad. You will over work and get nothing in return. Share scheme,, I put in £90 left and received £20 back after fees and charges. Make you wonder if you put in £10000. Stay clear.
Pros
Work from home at times
Cons
Hours, pay, schemes end up costing you more
I enjoyed my place of work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh14 September 2017
I enjoyed the staff and my line manager and school staff.

I left only because I was part-time looking for full-time work as my children had left school.
Pros
fun at work
Cons
part-time
I enjoy my job
Security (Current Employee) –  North Somerset, Somerset7 September 2017
I enjoy my job, each day brings its own challenges, I get along with my team and managers, overtime is offer regularly, uniform is provide, open door policy for the mangers office
excellent job to have
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 August 2017
learnt a lot of new skills and meet all kinds of different people, went on many training courses and also i was working part of the council in my eyes was giving back to the community
Pros
experience
Character
Optimisation & Telemetry Coordinator (Current Employee) –  0xford23 August 2017
Amey is a good company to work for. i have learnt to accept constructive criticism and also been able to manage staff and workload excellently.

I have been able to take on a leadership role in the absence of my line manager and been able to make decisions that have profited the company

The hardest part of my job is not getting suppliers to adhere to processes which in turn make a working relationship very healthy and profession.

The most enjoyable part of my work is being able to please clients and get a satisfactory confirmation from clients and suppliers on how happy they are with services rendered.
Pros
Knowledge growth
waste operative
Waste Operative / Loader (Current Employee) –  Ilford12 August 2017
Working on team i like it so much and being in contact with the people !Working full time and over time evrery week!Enjoy with my team every day help each other when it nedded!
Workplace
Duel Fuel Metering Engineer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom25 July 2017
Very supportive and friendly company

very driven with a constant desire to advance and make a better safer work place.

Some processes seem old fashioned and require improvement

overall, good place to work
Pros
friendly
Enjoyable work
Commercial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oldham21 July 2017
Reports need to be produced using the Information management system which is flawed and inefficient. Scripting of the reports has enabled the efficient production of the reports meaning more time is spent on the analysis. Workbank of jobs is ever decreasing which can be assigned to the operatives, the future could seem bleak!