Amey Plc Employee Reviews

Worst place I have worked
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Wymott Garth prisons17 October 2017
The worst place to work on the planet. Management are useless constantly back stabbing the lads will promise the world but deny the convocations ever happened when it comes to delivering. Health and Saftey is non existent unless it suits management just told to deal with it. I would never recommend to anybody to work for amey at these sites. Pay is awful with no chance of progression. The only plus side is the lads below management are great to work with.
Pros
Cons
Everything about amey
Terrible place
Operative (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire16 October 2017
H&S only exists when it suits management other than that you just get told to get on with it even when you say it's not safe and you don't feel safe.pay is horrible only just sustain a regular life work load is a joke constantly pushed to do more than required the gang staff are what makes it worth it can meet great people on the ground but management sucks
Pros
Work mates
Cons
Pay, H&s, attitude toward you
Constructive overview - positive
Interim Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire11 October 2017
Excellent organisation to work for; they are keen to develop their staff; I enjoyed the assignment I had there.
If I wasn't an interim then I would apply to join full time.
Pros
Org values are strong; ethics strong; challenging operations lead with strong team
Cons
Observed some staff feel less engaged with corporate direction, diverse clients means operations all-over uk (some small pockets), harder to share corporate values.
Friendly workplace. Encourage development.
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oxford8 October 2017
Amey is a lovely place to work, it is very corporate working atmosphere. But people here are very friendly and smiley.There are areas of improvement within Amey but they do value their people, encourage development and learning across the business. There really is an opportunity for all, you just have to discuss this with your people manager.
Good environment
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire27 September 2017
Amey is a good company where you can learn how different industries work. You can interact with people located in different places of the country in order to achieve a common goal.
Avoid at at costs for your career
Designer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom15 September 2017
Terrible company, back stabbing, two faced managment that work on ridculas time managment meathods. Work from home is as bad. You will over work and get nothing in return. Share scheme,, I put in £90 left and received £20 back after fees and charges. Make you wonder if you put in £10000. Stay clear.
Pros
Work from home at times
Cons
Hours, pay, schemes end up costing you more
I enjoyed my place of work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh14 September 2017
I enjoyed the staff and my line manager and school staff.

I left only because I was part-time looking for full-time work as my children had left school.
Pros
fun at work
Cons
part-time
I enjoy my job
Security (Current Employee) –  North Somerset, Somerset7 September 2017
I enjoy my job, each day brings its own challenges, I get along with my team and managers, overtime is offer regularly, uniform is provide, open door policy for the mangers office
excellent job to have
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 August 2017
learnt a lot of new skills and meet all kinds of different people, went on many training courses and also i was working part of the council in my eyes was giving back to the community
Pros
experience
Character
Optimisation & Telemetry Coordinator (Current Employee) –  0xford23 August 2017
Amey is a good company to work for. i have learnt to accept constructive criticism and also been able to manage staff and workload excellently.

I have been able to take on a leadership role in the absence of my line manager and been able to make decisions that have profited the company

The hardest part of my job is not getting suppliers to adhere to processes which in turn make a working relationship very healthy and profession.

The most enjoyable part of my work is being able to please clients and get a satisfactory confirmation from clients and suppliers on how happy they are with services rendered.
Pros
Knowledge growth
waste operative
Waste Operative / Loader (Current Employee) –  Ilford12 August 2017
Working on team i like it so much and being in contact with the people !Working full time and over time evrery week!Enjoy with my team every day help each other when it nedded!
Workplace
Duel Fuel Metering Engineer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom25 July 2017
Very supportive and friendly company

very driven with a constant desire to advance and make a better safer work place.

Some processes seem old fashioned and require improvement

overall, good place to work
Pros
friendly
Enjoyable work
Commercial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oldham21 July 2017
Reports need to be produced using the Information management system which is flawed and inefficient. Scripting of the reports has enabled the efficient production of the reports meaning more time is spent on the analysis. Workbank of jobs is ever decreasing which can be assigned to the operatives, the future could seem bleak!
Good company
Electrician (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire20 July 2017
Good company to work for working as part of an efficient team to deadlines . Would recommend amey to anyone who is looking for a company that is keen on a good career.
Caretaker
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Northampton20 July 2017
The job it self is OK how ever the money sucks for what you have to do
The management isn't that bad and seem to be accommodating if you have problems
Far to much paperwork
No real chance of promotion
Understaffed
I'm not sure how thay will keep employees with the pay the way it is just a number really
I've tried to be fair
I'm not joking you can earn moor delivering pizza
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Pay
Why does everyone stink
Reading twitter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2017
Stinks
Proper tho, like proper wet ones
Managers cant manage their lunches
Everyones a c*unt flap, big hairy one, stinky aswell
................................
Pros
you can get a shag
Cons
everyones fat
Avoid Amey like the plague!
Waste Operative (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire9 July 2017
Terrible organisation, they pay 40% below the going rate for most positions below management/supervisor roles.

They have no forward planning and just firefight every issue as it arises, cut corners on H&S issues and frequently ignore serious problems.

They care not about anyone or anything except the contract.

No PPE when you need it.

Frequent bullying by management, including racism and homophobia.
Pros
Cons
Hours, pay, conditions, management, H&S non existent!
Not great
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool6 June 2017
No room for progression unless you brown nose managers.
Management are very clicky and speak to members of the team like rubbish- usually the more quieter employees. Some just don't like your face.

Salary is quite poor for what work load entailed, but you have the option to buy extra annual leave and a range of schemes.

Colleagues that aren't management are fun to work with and make it bareable.
Pros
Free on site parking
Cons
Poor pay, clicky management
Unachievable volume of work.
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside23 May 2017
Mental health and family life ended up being compromised after years of horrendous workloads and unnatural pressure. Systems are incredibly antiquated and many siloed teams who didn't work well together. This company do not communicate honestly with employees. A major restructuring programme shocked and hurt employees as no clue how badly we were doing!
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Relentless workload
Wonderful
Operations Planner (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands22 May 2017
Really loved the job and my colleagues. Job entailed speaking to subcontractors and fellow employees out on contracts to ensure jobs were being carried out in the times they were to be completed. Before each job we had to send out jobpacks as well and liaise with the council and local authorities to get approval to work in certain areas