Amey Plc Employee Reviews

Good Company
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Aston, West Midlands19 February 2018
Amey Plc was a good company for me to work for, as I learned so many different skills.
As I mentioned in the section about my previous employment, as an apprentice I learned at college, on the roads, and in the office. Learned new skills in computers and taking responsibility for a team of people.
Pros
Friendly People to work with
Cons
Was asked to do do too much, in respect of what my job was. I Always try to go above and beyond in anything I do, but in this case it was just too much.
N/a
Supervisor Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London31 January 2018
Good company to work gives opportunity to employees and respects the personnel Of all conditions to workers ................................ .........
Bad loaders
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 January 2018
Every driver will say same thing easy job made hard by lazy moaning loaders .expect to pick them up on round as most don't come to the yard in the morning ,except them to moan about being behind or what time are we going to finish because they need to be somewhere else and then at end of round except to be dropped of at there designated drop of point !!!! the thing is we have to get are selfs in to work regardless if we have a car or not but theses loaders think it's are responsibility to get them home on time so they can go home to sleep 😴 but the thing that really pppppp me of the poor things think they should be payed the same money as the driver 😂😂 all loaders should have to come to the yard in the morning and after the round is finished this will get rid of all the rubbish .
Pros
Going home
Cons
Loaders
Be prepared to sacrifice your family life just to make the management team happy!
Winter maintenance operative & fly tip driver (Former Employee) –  Haysden & Aylesford Depots in Kent29 January 2018
Worked as a winter maintenance operative for a few years, each year the rates dropped & workload increased! They expect you to work your normal job then work every other hour for them! Yet when you say you're too tired and it can become dangerous they threaten you with ending the contract! They also get you to sign wavers that you ARE getting sleep and aren't working excessive hours, yet they know you are! They tell you if you don't sign the agreements to say you fully accept responsibility that you are NOT working beyond your safe hours you won't get the work! The senior management team from within the depot to head office are key players ensuring you are protecting them whilst you drive tired & dangerously to adhere to schedules. Then they drop the rate AFTER you've done the work!
So in truth if you want to sacrifice your family time for a company that works hard to hit deadlines by knowingly putting YOUR safety and public at danger, then this is the place to work!
Yes, this is all factual and I would happily stand in court and swear on the bible about how bad the working conditions are with the company.
Very dangerous working practises for employees with catastrophic results for workers in the past. If you value your wellbeing then don't work here!
Pros
None!
Cons
Long hours, dangerous working practises, unsafe working conditions, dangerous equipment given to work with
Workforce
Dual fuel engineer (Former Employee) –  Bury24 January 2018
No structure or foundation, appealing staff, stuck up ceos, nothing was on time, waited 4 months for vans, Poe was incorrect hardly any equipment for the job
Pros
Good money
Cons
Horrible job
Productively
Mechanical Fitter (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London22 January 2018
Very satisfied with the company good communication good personal team work . All I can say is a good company . Now is time to
Move on and to start a n
TUPE'd staff forgotten
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Preston6 January 2018
I had high hopes when we transferred over to AMEY. Many were taking voluntary redundancy but I stuck it out seeing promotion to site manager my ultimate goal and this was clearly becoming a viable future situation initially. Sadly, this was not the case and I should have taken the VR when offered. I am not going to berate Amey and their policies because working for them outside of the FM contract could well be different but within, its very difficult. Impossible targets on minimum staff. I feel the pay is very good but still not enough compared to my workload and saying that, pay is the only good thing about my time here, purely because they pay a little more than HMP.
Chances of progression are marred by ex HMP site managers that have taken interim senior roles, area roles etc. and seemingly keep their "favourites" happy.
Their benefits are very good though, with salary sacrifice and child care vouchers being at the top of the list.
Benefits
Cons
Management is poor within the FM contract
Good Job
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth29 December 2017
IT was a brilliant place to key my skills and progress within my knowledge and experience. I worked well with the people I was with and enjoyed what I did for the time I was there. I would have loved to stay longer however due to family life I had to leave.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Commute
Unfriendly and unprofessional
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham26 December 2017
Unfortunately, my working experience with Amey was very bad. The support to new starters was non-existing. Projects were executed in a very poor manner, which not just annoyed our client (who had to pay extra), but also made our work unnecessarily stressful. The management was not competent and helpful. The working atmosphere was rather dull with everyone caring only about himself. Training was focused mainly on health and safety, while technical training (adequate to your role), was virtually nil. In terms of salary and benefits, there are far more companies out there, which will take better care of you.Two most important lessons I have taken from this company are 1) not how to manage projects and 2) not how to manage people.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, lack of training, unfriendly atmosphere, extremely poor execution of projects
Good company
CARETAKER (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire17 December 2017
worked here for three years, really enjoyed it until I had an altercation. no support given so I left due to illness caused by stress and anxiety. would not return
Pros
None really
Cons
No support from management
Slave labour
School Cleaner / Working Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford14 December 2017
You are either in or out, the management hiarachi system is completely pointless and confidentiality is non existant! 4 years i worked for Amey and was majorly made a joke and mug out of! Minimum wage and working a management post with absolutely no support and training what so ever. Would rather be moneyless for the rest of my life than go and work for this company!
Cons
No suppport, lack of equality
Low Salary and Benefits
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside11 December 2017
Casual work environment, fair opportunities, not a lot of extras/bonuses/benefit opportunities unless you purchase them yourself form your minimal salary. take note of what shift pattern you'll be working at the interview as they seem to change too often without much notice.
Pros
Approachable Manager/Team Leaders
Cons
Salary and Benefits
Stay well away
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire7 December 2017
The worse place anyone could work management are a joke not even qualified to be managers and gave no respect for agency workers absolute disgrace the way they treat staff
Cons
Poor environment poor managers
Great experience for my CV
Contracts Administrator (Maternity cover (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London30 November 2017
Excellent opportunity to learn about financial systems, varied workload which I found to be good as every day was different. Did not feel there was much opportunity for progression.
is good company
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Harlow20 November 2017
it works well the bosses are attentive they help you in everything and the work is good is a good company they are good payers and they recognize you the good work you do
Bad management
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire19 November 2017
There are people working for decades (at least 20 years) doing the same role day after day, year after year without any chance of progression, however the pretty ones are promoted after a few months working in the company.
The management is bad: some roles can be made in 2 hours and the lucky ones work very slow to make time to make the 3 hours shift;
others have to work very fast and hard to finish the work on time, basically the volume of work is badly distributed only the favourite ones have the easier roles.
No perspective of progression or changing role. The only way to change role is when coming back from statutory sick.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Do not work here!!!!!
Assistant Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire14 November 2017
This is by far the worst place to work.
No career progression No honesty No Ethics.
Bullying & Discrimination occurs a lot at Amey by all levels, especially Management. Forget Health&Safety laws, the only laws religiously followed are racial discrimination and unfair treatment if you are the minority.
Pros
Honestly? Nothing
Cons
Honestly? Everything
my workplace is a great place to work
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 November 2017
I am a cleaner at a secondary school and I am looking for extra afternoon work in a school I am a hard worker I always listen to my seniors I am punctual and a good time keeper.
Pros
great team work
Cons
no cons
not a good company to work at or work with.
Caretaker/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Northampton12 November 2017
Bad management due to bullying and lieing to employees and give no back when necessary they constantly try to cut your wages and then conn people out of time and money wherever possible.
Pros
was close to home
Cons
managers are liers and bullies and stab you in the back.
Worst place I've ever worked
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool8 November 2017
Wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. Greedy corporation with managers who don't care about their employees. Full of gossipers and people who speak to you like dirt.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything