American Express Employee Reviews

Great First Job
Data Entry Clerk (Full -Time) (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 February 2018
I enjoyed my role at American Express and I was given a number of roles and eventually I was given a small supervisory role at the Weekend and I earned more money as I progressed
Pros
Increased earning potential
Cons
Limited career opportunity
Great people and work life balance
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London16 January 2018
I loved working at American Express. They had a great team atmosphere and work lfe balance for the staff. The benefits were very good and covered all the needs for different stages of your life.

I only left as there was no career progression in my department and the remuneration package within the industry was not on a level playing field.
Good career opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 January 2018
Good career opportunities ,fair pay and compensation.
Leadership can have a one track mind. If you don’t want to progress that is often frowned upon like you are lazy.
It’s who you know no what you know.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Mentality within leadership
Temp Job
Temporary Travel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brighton11 January 2018
Adhoc tasks given when available, otherwise simple job role during a busy period to ease the workload for perm staff. Offered the choice to apply for perm roles but I declined based on travel.
Pros
Fun environment, good people.
Great Work/Life Balance
Accounting Clerk & Assistant Analyst (Current Employee) –  London25 December 2017
Great colleagues who are all very intelligent and bright
Great work ethic
Great work life balance
Numerous networks to join
Inclusion of all cultures and sexes
It’s all about how you perform via the scoring method, which may not always be fair
Archaic methodology
Constantly changing the systems
Management do not listen to staff and clients
Cost cutting exercises all of the time
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Cost cutting exercises all of the time
Great place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex12 December 2017
The facilites at amercican express are first class. The management is hit and miss. It is great to work in brighton, especially during the summer months !
Pros
location
Cons
management
satisfied employee
Regional Security Team Leader (London & M25) (Former Employee) –  London20 November 2017
This was eveerything you would expect of a large high profile global corporation. Work load was high with results were expected tio be delivered at a high level and on time. Good place to work.
fun place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex14 November 2017
I was only on work experience week through my college. I listened in on phone calls with customers and listened to meetings that were taking place between managers.
Executive Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton30 October 2017
LEAVING there waS the biggest regret but unfortunately due to childcare issues i could not continue I was hoping i would get some extra help but unfortunately it couldnt be accommodated
Fun workplace
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex15 October 2017
It can be very busy during the day but before and after the matches it was quiet and they day took a long time to finish.
All the staff and customers were all very friendly and kind.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Irregular hours
very professional and very good work ethics values
Project Analyst / Governance Lead (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex9 October 2017
Very good company to work for, with excellent values, integrity, code of conduct, diversity, team work and commitment.

I had the opportunity to work with excellent professionals internally and with external suppliers, worldwide, always working together to achieve the best outcome for the benefit of everyone.

I would recommend American Express as a great company to work for.
Productive and challenging workplace
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex27 September 2017
Working at client location-American Express is a great place to work with newer technologies used day by day.
As a developer, many automation, devops things are happening over there which feels like a challenge to learn and experience new things.
Amex Review
Business Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2017
Travel consultant dealing with the corporate teams travel plans across the globe through booking of travel arrangements. 9-5 job based at Morgan Stanley.
Fun workplace
Post room assistance (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex11 September 2017
Really enjoyed my work there wished it was more permanent position.the staff were amazing and enjoyable to work with and we all had a laugh and gothe on really well
Great employer
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex7 September 2017
A very relaxed multicultural environment with great chances for networking and developing within the company.
Working across different countries.
Easy to build strong professional relationships as well as friendships.
great management support
Customer serv.Rep (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex#7 September 2017
Having been at American Express for almost 2 years they have been the best employers in my working life, always willing to listen to ideas and give you the best opportunities to up skill in the role you have
Pros
Shifts can work around your personal life
Cons
working weekends
Collaborative environment, more responsibility than compensation levels suggest.
Product Management (Current Employee) –  London2 September 2017
The UK Consumer business is very dynamic, with many smart talented people. Culture in the Corporate unit is very sales-driven and tends to be more chaotic.

In general, AmEx excels at providing flexibility to its workforce, but with a trade off in compensation levels. Moving between offices, especially to NY is a real possibility for people who fit in and do well.
Pros
Global mobility, workforce flexibility, smart ambitious co-workers, industry-leading brand
Cons
Compensation vs. responsibility, frequent restructuring
Good
Risk Exec - Risk Information Management (Former Employee) –  London25 August 2017
Wide variety of exposure to the markets due to inter-department roles available for employees . Good on diversity with strong international element to broaden experience
Productive and fun workplace
Administration and Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horley25 August 2017
I really enjoyed my time at American Express. It is a great company to work for, they are constantly raising money for charity.

There are incentives to help motivate the staff with their work. I was lucky enough to win two of these.

The staff were a lot of fun to work with as well as the management team.

Sadly they closed down the offices so we were made redundant and at the time I could not relocate as they offered an alternative position.
Nice place to work
Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex19 August 2017
Overall it's very good organisation to work with, except limited growth opportunity within company. During tenure of work here I learned my new skills and enjoying work here,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2