Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun work place
Yard Marshall - Amazon Flex - Debrieve - Loader (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands22 September 2017
Working at Amazon has made me be focused .
It is an easy going work but can be hectic when it comes through the peak season.
It has made me be wise and at the same time professional because you got to be dealing with the supervisors there & the driver's dealing with parcels & maintaining the orders.
Productive workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rugeley19 September 2017
I liked the job when I was working there as it was easy work as I was a packer and it was a friendly place to work at as I meet a few friendly staff that helped me through the weeks.
Pros
Easy job
physically demading
Picker (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire19 September 2017
Typical day is non stop if you are a picker, very long physical days, at times you physically couldn't do anymore of which the agency team would find you and give you marks against you.
Pros
free drink
Cons
takes nearly an hour to get off the carpark
bad company
Van driver (Current Employee) –  London19 September 2017
they make big mistakes and the delivery driver must pay for that . is unbeliveble. we as drivers, work like 13 hours per day ...we do every day 100- 130 mile driving.
Extremely Busy but rewarding
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland18 September 2017
Amazon is a very demanding environment but if you are the right fit then you can advance.
They look after their general shop floor work force but ask a lot of their management.
Be willing to work very hard and you will be successful
HRAC (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire18 September 2017
A typical day at work for me would be payroll, admin work (HR) holiday, working with Management, metrics Then lots of adoch, where I have to prioritize.

I have learned how work well as a Lead, Manager and HRAC ( Human Resource Associate Contact) to give maximum effort to fulfill customer promise.

Management have lots of drive and and communicate well with their teams

Not having the full information to compete the task requested.

The feeling that you accomplished something each day.
Pros
Oppurtunites for develpopment.
Worst Place to Work for
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Coalville, Leicestershire18 September 2017
The worst place to work for in the world. The low level management have no clue and you will take a hit for everything.

They promote withing. And their so racist.
Fun workplace
Amazon Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds17 September 2017
Picking packages was a good activity in which you learn to work with other people.You learn to be quick and very competent on your workplace.Social skills are required as well what I really had perfected.
god place
Packing Operative (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire14 September 2017
It is a nice place with beautiful people who work hard and have a good time . It is a good job where all people is happy and work with pleasure and we learn a lot of thinks like work as a team .
Pros
free coffe
Horrible Work Place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 September 2017
Horrible place to work, management only driven for you to reach target, they seem they don't care about anything else. Only day 2 of working at Amazon and only one-half a day of training I had staff and management coming up to my station saying I haven't reached targets or was making mistakes even though it was day 2 of starting. I felt like wasn't good enough for them. Would only recommend working here if you don't mind factory work, long hours and are driven to targets. Otherwise, don't bother it not worth it.
Pros
Making friends with colleagues you start with on the first day.
productive and fun workplace
Flexible Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire12 September 2017
nice persons , safte and fun workplace. if you have any problem or its someting you dont understand you always get help. I got many friends there. For me was hard with safteboots, i dont like them. Otherwaise the company its ok, nothing to commplaine....
Pros
free coffe
Cons
safteboots
Would not recommend to work for!
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leicester9 September 2017
I had issued since the start of being there. Very unorganised for a massive company. Injured my back at work (amazons fault) and whilst on sick with a valid fit note being told to come in to work. THEY DO NOT TREAT EMPLOYEES RIGHT!
Pros
Pay
Cons
too much
long hours unnegotiable
Picker (Current Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire9 September 2017
the jobs good if you haven't got a family to provide for. I really struggle with child care and I hardly get to see my children. when peak time comes its even worse as over time is compulsory which means less time at home with my children.
Pros
free coffee
Productive and unorganised workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park, Greater Manchester8 September 2017
A Terrible agency (PMP Recruitment) , would NOT recommend to anyone unless you are desperate for money and is your last resort. Took me nearly 3 weeks to receive my weekly pay.
Pros
Good mates over there
Cons
Long Hours, No free lunch, treat you like a slave
hard workplace
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  dunferline7 September 2017
Due to the long days either day or night shift it is hard work. But depending on which department that you work in you may have easy to achieve targets
productive workplace
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Coalville7 September 2017
night shift : half six to half four. learned to sort parcels . management all right. there were 20-30 nationalities in the same team. some of the parcels were hard to sort . some of the parcels were easy to sort.
what I learned
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire6 September 2017
I learned about the importance to keep a fast pace for my work as KPI and performance are essential for the running of any business. In addition my work can be a significant input towards the success or failure of the company I work for, there is therefore no time for mistakes or poor practice.
Pros
Outstanding facilities and variety of shifts
Cons
Distance
They look after there Employees
Pick tower worker (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea6 September 2017
Amazon was a good place to work I really enjoyed my 4 and a half years there. My typical day at work was Meeting targets scanning items and putting them on in locations. I enjoyed working part of a team and did well under pressure when we got really busy during the Christmas period.
Pros
shares with Amazon
Fun place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  BHX15 September 2017
Nice place to work, good staff benefits.
certain tier 1 jobs should have higher pay, bring back tier 2 pay!
jobs like driving PUP truck or other vehicles should have a tiny bit of pay raise as they are important to the warehouse operations and requires high level of concentration at all time of the surrounding. Problem solver, ship clerk, dock clerk should be back on tier 2 as they play a important role to keep the warehouse in function.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
can get very boring
civil engineering
Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  Coalville2 September 2017
The company is very environmentally friendly and charity focused. The feel of the office is warm and encompassing. Training is often and relevant in this fast paced area. Overall a good company to work for with advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.