Amazon.com Employee Reviews

poor experience
Courier-home delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire18 January 2018
basically day is 120-180 parcel a day,drop every 3-4 minutes , they do not counting waiting time and busy traffic time.
Unloading and loading time grab courier time
Pros
no idea
Cons
no idea
Going downhill to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire18 January 2018
I started working for them 8 years ago and it was a very good company to work for but over the years it has changed with the pay getting closer to minimum and workload keeps going up.
Pros
Good if your a yes man/woman
Cons
To many to list
productive and lots of expiriance
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol17 January 2018
I realy did enjoy to work in the Amazon
had recived a lots of experiance and friends
Willing to work again, and share my expiriance
My role was to ensure resources were distribute to correct project and to to anable me to follow up any outstanding resources required.
Productive.and fun
Picker (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire17 January 2018
People are ok. But you were not appreciated for the work done. You can not express your opinion. You are like a robot
You've taken the time and the excessively high target
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long
Decent money, but be prepared
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Swansea17 January 2018
I worked at Amazon as a seasonal Warehouse Operative. The pay was great (but it generally is everywhere if you're working nights) and we were paid weekly which was good. However, thats probably the only positive thing I can say. If you know any rumours about amazon they're probably all true. Awful breaks for a 10 hour shift, which didn't increase at all when my shifts altered to 11, 12, or even 13 hours. I am also a student, and wasn't made aware when I applied or even when I started that my hours per shift and shifts per week would increase, this then had an affect on my studies and I know if influenced the lives of my other colleagues too. Your breaks are also cut short by the time it takes to get to your locker from the warehouse and then to the canteen. Management were usually there at the desk but when I booked holidays they did them incorrectly.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
unsociable hours, increased hours without notice, short breaks
Not the best place
Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 January 2018
Most of the time it is unorganised and you just sit around waiting.
You arrive wait for your packages to be given to you and you leave. The managers dont really interact with you so sometimes its difficult to understand what is really going on.
Work OK, Terrible Management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough17 January 2018
No security in the position. Fulfill all demands and yet still you can be cut with zero notice. Needs a union in there to secure basic workers rights.
Diabolical
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kettering17 January 2018
Worked for a company called 'Deliverwize' who were a courier network on behalf of amazon.

Poorly managed at all times, work you long 12/13/14 hour shifts and tell you that you wont be paid otherwise. no job security at all as they tell you lies that there will still be work after Christmas.
Exhausting
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire16 January 2018
A 10 hour work day is a bit too much, and you have no way of knowing for how long you'll be employed. Good on salary and overtime if you want to make extra money.
Productive place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2018
Was a great experience to work for Amazon.
I had days when everything was very easy, but most of the days was verry difficult to finish.
In Christmas time, they give you 250+ parcel to deliver till 5pm.
Unstable and hard work.
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Banbury16 January 2018
Is a hard job. In busy time we had every day around 150 stops this is around 200 parcels and we need to delivery all the parcels without the concession this is very hard to do when you had a lot of costumers.
Productive and a goodworkplace
Picker (Current Employee) –  Milton, Northamptonshire15 January 2018
I would like to be a enjoyable place, that will give me experience in the commercial area and also will help me to mprove my English, as well as my personality.
Pros
contract
Cons
Part-time and for a long period
All the staff are willing to help with any help required to carry out your job
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline15 January 2018
Training was good and management and personal you work with always willing to help you get your task done on time.The staff are friendly and do everything to help you settle in
Pros
Free tea and coffee and a good canteen
Cons
Challenging and rewarding place of work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire15 January 2018
I enjoyed working for amazon. I just didn't feel like I was reaching my full potential as I prefer customer facing roles. I don't have a full drivers licence and my ADHD made it a difficult place to work as they employ thousands of people so you don't get to pick and choose the job role you do.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Always on my feet
Slave drivers AVOID
Packer/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Tilbury, Essex15 January 2018
After starting on the peak season and working for up to 55 hours a week I saw most of the temps going home when the work load was reduced (all good here). Since then and in only a few weeks they have sent even more people home and have asked the remaining workers to achieve targets figures that double the initial ones. I am a company worker and I started being told I have to meet a ridiculous target 100% of the time or I will be fired. They put pressure on you saying that if some (desperate, sick) people can do it, everyone can do it and that 'everyone wants your place'. Management only comes to push and things just keep getting worse as more an more people from different positions are getting fired and that is putting more pressure on the remaining workers. Avoid this company and have a thought as a consumer what kind of company you do business with.
Pros
Cheap food on the cantine, free hot drinks (only on your breaks, not hot drinks allowed on the workplace)
Cons
Low pay and impossible targets, some toxic people who will kill you for increasing their rates: it's a rat race
Not enjoyable but not bax
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London15 January 2018
Only good thing about amazon is that I had a couple of my friends working with me. Supervisors and managers were not on my good list and always wanted to single me out.
Safe workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leicester14 January 2018
It's a very safe workplace. We had 2 briefings everyday where they was clear about the warehouse safety. My time being I haven't witnessed a accident or an injury to any co-workers.
Pros
Safety
Hard working
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea14 January 2018
Have too be extremely quick otherwise you get penalized and singled out, no time for social life as you're too tired from long hours. Almost no support in workplace and they pick at everything you do wrong.
Pros
Good money
Fulfilment Associate (Former Employee) –  Gourock13 January 2018
Amazon is a great place to work.
The management in amazon are excellent , great to deal with and can actually have a laugh and joke with them.
great place to work
Pros
great working environment
Hard job
Stower (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
An extremely hard job with hard rates to hit in order to keep your job, when you are spoken to about your rate not being high enough, this is your first warning, and when they present you with the warning sheet this is your second warning and that puts you on your final warning. So technically speaking as soon as you've had one bad week you are on your last leg with the job
Pros
good facilities
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.