Allied Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

A great place to work for over 11 years
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire8 February 2018
I have worked for the company for over 11 years and after a number of promotions I have moved from a branch position into a management position that I love at head office. I work in a great function with some incredibly talented people. Management have always been very supportive and we have a culture of promoting from within which is great.

The care industry faces a lot of challenges which can make things difficult at times. The company has been through a lot of change over the years but is now very stable and is facing these challenges head on. There has been some brilliant progress in recent times with some fantastic things released, and with some even more exciting things ready to be launched in 2018. I think these will make a real difference and I can really see the company moving in the right direction.
Pros
Promotions and an extensive rewards and benefits platform released in the last few months
Cons
It is hard work but you are rewarded for the effort you put in
I enjoyed working for this company to begin with.
Social Caregiver (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney, Greater London7 February 2018
When the management changed after a few months in it was noticed that the operation was not running smoothly anymore. My main concern was that it felt as if the management only wanted to tick boxes and did not care for employees work life balance.
Generally a a good place to work. Excellent cares who actually care.
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham6 February 2018
I have worked for allied Wrexham for a few years and have always found the standard of care given is exceptional. Like most care companies carer and office staff relationships can be strained. This is caused by office staff changing rotas at short notice and bad communication with carers. On the other hand carers are also at fault. Carers hand calls back at short notice and refused calls at will. Moving forward is the carers and office staff have a little more respect and patience with each other allied Wrexham would again provide the high standard of care we are use to.
Pros
Service users and staff
Cons
Office staff and carer relationships
Awful company
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex6 February 2018
Poor management, high level of stress for terrible money! Bullying culture, worked over hours which was not paid and no time off in lieu given. Managers were not supportive, no incentives to perform well. Wages were always wrong, they deducted money when you had holiday and put it down as sick leave! This happened more than once. 6 office staff left within 6 months on the scheduling side, customer service also has a high turnover. Avoid avoid avoid!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, management
Avoid!
Carer (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands4 February 2018
Many years ago I applied to work at the Sutton Coldfield branch as carer,it was changing to saga at this point,I can see its changed again. They told me they would give me hrs I wanted and suited, as I'm a single mom.Never happened, first shift Saturday Sunday, 7.30-22.30 straight threw.they waited until I told the job centre and then done that to me,you also need business insurance on your car,and doing zero contract you can't work your money out.I never started, they still took £50 for DBSthough,
Seriously consider what your getting into,all they want is money, unprofessional shower!!!!!!
don't work here
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire3 February 2018
worked at the keighley branch for a year, management don't care about staff or service users needs, one service user was overdosed by a care worker and the staff member was allowed to continue working ! MANAGEMENT ARE CORUPT !!!
Pros
Cons
not flexible like they make out, too little or too many hours, 75 hours a week with no days off, terrible management
Good Company, Unsocial Hours
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes3 February 2018
Allied are a good company to work for.
Had several issues with organisation and rotas but these were rectified quite quickly.

Very difficult job and was not paid for the extra time I was putting in. The staff are underpaid in many care work jobs and I think care worked should be paid over £10.00 at the very least. It is an exhausting job and you must deal with some very difficult clients.
Cons
hours, not being paid for the travel between jobs
new experience
CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire29 January 2018
loved it as it was stepping out of my usual comfort zone. got stuck in and learned a lot of new things about myself along the way. i did tasks i would never of done in any usual job which i often found refreshing as it was widening my skill set.
not a good work place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnsley20 January 2018
I currently work for Allied Healthcare but I am not happy at all. one week they can give you 40 hours and then the next week they can give you 10 hours. The management have no idea what they are doing.
Cons
not bad company to work on
carer (Former Employee) –  North London, Greater London18 January 2018
The only thing that I don't like about this company is that the staff that work in the office not professional, don't have any morals and treat like you are nothing unless you know them. if you calling for sick or have an emergency they will get angry. what matters to them that you only do the work don't care if you sick or have family problems. The only thing I like is that I have a good time with my clients and making them happy.....
Tough market to work in
Employee (Former Employee) –  UK17 January 2018
The care industry is a tough market place in which to provide excellent services. Allied Healthcare does this despite the hard economic environment it works in.
Basic homecare company
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 January 2018
Home care company, work around your availability as best as possible, full training provided. Must have own vehicle to use for traveling. Sometimes can be out until 10pm
Rubbish
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rassau ED15 January 2018
to get a decent wage you have to work all the hours god sends. Some of the office staff are ok but the people highly up are beyond a joke. you need to be young free and single as there is no work/ life balance.
Pros
Cons
Pay/ staff attitude
Not managed well at all
Carer Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex8 January 2018
I am a reablemnt support worker, I have enjoyed meeting and helping vulnerable people.
It has been hard at times seeing old people suffering but I feel I have helped some of the people I have seen in lifting there spirits when there having a down day, I am a bright cheery person and was welll suited for this role.
Pros
Cons
Driving around a lot, wear and tear on my car, not enough fuel allowance, wasn't paid mileage properly
my time at allied
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  tyne dock8 January 2018
I would look after about 2 ladies a day during the week then around 4-5 on a weekend. my role was to go 3 times a day to ensure that they had breakfast lunch and dinner that they had taken their medication on time, help them with housework or help them shower or bathe.
I learnt that I absolutely loved this job, I enjoyed looking after these ladies.
Hardest part of the job for me was working all day saturday and sunday and barely nothing through out the week.
The best part was meeting these different ladies working within a team and also being something other then just a mam
Pros
working with a variety of people
Cons
weekend long weekends
Wouldn’t recommend to work here
Community Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redruth8 January 2018
The hours are are ridiculous, one week you could do 33 hours, the following you can do 15. The pay is awful, including the mileage allowance. In the 5 months I worked for them I only earnt £2000. And that was working 25 hours a week and including all mileage and travel allowance. A couple of members of staff in the office were really rude, they don’t even really care about the clients have of the time. I phoned a couple of times to say clients were unwell etc and they didn’t care. The company is a complete waste of time, and I wouldn’t recommend to work for them at all.
Pros
The clients were lovely
Cons
The whole company
Productive and supportive workforce
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent7 January 2018
Good company to work for. Staff are good to work with. Training was good. Hours can be long. Company provide good care to the clients they support.
Pros
Local to the area i live
Cons
Hours can be long
not so positive
Homecare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keighley7 January 2018
at the time of working for the company there didn't seem to be a lot of support for care staff once training was complete you were left to your own devises and expected to know everything.
Over Worked Under Paid
Care Coach (Former Employee) –  Baglan, Neath Port Talbot3 January 2018
Bad management

A failing recruitment process leading to a dangerous amount of incompetent people carrying out nursing duties on vulnerable people

Patient concerns neglected by management

Majorly underpaid - Don't actually know how it's legal to pay this little.

Not enough call time for clients

Wear and tear on car. Mileage not paid and unrealistic travel time given.

The ONLY pro is clients.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, Pay, Client Neglect
Hours are variable
Healthcare Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil3 January 2018
No continuity or appreciation, every year they when nmw goes up they take it from you other ways e.g. less amount for mileage, minute billing and annual leave change of system so no more accumalted annual leave.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, expect to work all hours, no benefits and no appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Healthcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9