Adullam Homes Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Shambles - Absolute Shambles
Project Worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool30 July 2016
Well what I learnt is that this is an organisation that is not to be trusted. We went through a transfer to another organisation after the funding from Adullam housing association was lost.

I realised that I had been completely disempowered. I had lost all my confidence and in my new role I realised what a poor show of an organisation I had been working for. I had no current training and had to be completely retrained for the job I'm doing now. Everything we had been doing at Adullam is so outdated, it was placing the residents at risk.

The line manager we had just for a short time she was brilliant, supportive and fair. It was sad to see her undervalued and undermined by senior managers. She was bullied, she left as the contract was transferred. I don't blame her, I really felt for her. Everything she did was questioned. (I've read the other reviews it must be a senior management style). She had to drive the HR meetings, the HR team hadn't got a clue about what was happening.

For our line manager, the residents came first, she understood the role of support. In the refuge she put in place and dealt with health and safety concerns that we had all raised, in the past but nothing ever done. This was a place for residents to come and be safe. But no visitors were previously questioned, just allowed to walk in. No fire checks done, slap dash paperwork that made no sense, poor risk assessment, duplication of systems. Looking back as a support worker I'm embarrassed to say I worked here.

There is no understanding about housing management, no management,
  more... no leadership, no plan, no strategy. I hope commissioners read these reviews. I'm not surprised contracts are being lost. What residents are charged it's disgraceful for the accommodation they receive cheap poor quality for everything.

If I was the CEO I would write to every member of staff that has left in the last 2-3 years and meet them to discuss why they had left. Adullam has lost so many hard working excellent staff members in recent times. You have to ask why? surely, if you have anything about you, you'd want to know. If you really care about the residents and want excellent services you'd want to know? or do you believe everybody who has left are just trouble makers? We tell the truth. Read the reviews. I can believe they are all true across the board.

I wouldn't recommend working at Adullam to my worst enemy.
Supporting the residents
Senior managers lack of intrest and lack of management.
What a relief I was just Relief
Relief Support Worker (Former Employee) –  High Peak, ENG19 January 2016
A typical day would consist of walking into a project to provide cover, If I was on waking night shift I was actually at the project for 13 Hours, may be longer if the day worker was late into work.

This is an organisation that is driven by panic and knee jerk reactions. The young people in my opinion were poorly supported. If I provided some ideas on addressing issues these were dismissed. "you' re just relief, you're only babysitting, what do you care!"

Health and safety is really lax, dependent upon who is on during the day, would depend on the quality of handover. Often it would be look at the keys to see who is in the building!

Adullam Homes and Adullam Homes Housing association is the same place. So I am another who agrees with the poor the reviews of late.

The middle management is close on being useless, senior support workers over worked and stressed. So many people have left recently, seriously there are reasons for that.. the good ones gone, or left after long periods of long term sick due to stress. (which isn't believed) the rest hanging on until they are made redundant. Staff are abused by customers and nothing is done a colleague was punched in the face! Then told she made it up!

There are lots of clicks here and if your face don't fit, you are the hot topic of conversation. Two members of staff were turned down for promotion they are two top blokes actually.. So very short sighted. An external person brought in. They've not got a clue allowed young people bringing in drink and agreed to have boyfriends stay over night. (no idea about
  more... Housing Benefit rules or licence agreements or even the basic house rules)

Hardest part trying to get support in place for the young people watching young people fall apart in Adullam's care. On-call is pointless and useless, sort it out yourself. Even then when you hand it over nothings done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the colleagues in other services, as helpful as they could be. I didn't stay all that long, stopped taking phone calls from the so called matt25 social enterprise managers. (that's a joke and a whole other story).

Read the other reviews it's all true....
Only a stepping stone
Yes Adullam is one big Con.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adullam Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Adullam Homes Reviews by Location