ADDACTION Employee Reviews

An ok place to work to make a difference, but can be under appreciated
Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland3 October 2017
Workloads are high due to funding cuts from the Government, which makes it increasingly hard to run services properly.
I learned a lot over the years and in different roles.
difficult work load due to cuts and increased stress to staff
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cornwall3 July 2017
Can be a satisfying job however with government funding cuts this impacts on the service and deliver that Addaction can offer which is not sustainable, as there is an increase in need and pressure placed on workers to be all to our service users. .
Pros
can be rewarding
Cons
Too much work for staff to manage
Very proffesional, supportive agency
Substance Misuse Nurse (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset3 July 2017
I have worked in this field for a number of years, latterly employed by Addaction, who have been, by far, the most professional and forward thinking agency.
Pros
Beong treated like a professional
Cons
Npne
extremely busy; not realisitc goals
Recovery Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire7 June 2017
massive case load, more time spent to deal with paperwork than effective interventions with clients; good courses available; a typical day very busy, dealing with a lot of extra tasks;
Effective work
Volunteer Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset29 April 2017
Brilliant colleagues.
Effective key working with clients
Professional
Very good training
Good supervision
Brilliant communication between colleagues
Supportive working practice
Great Atmosphere
Volunteer-Stoke Recovery Service (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent19 February 2017
I still enjoy volunteering when i can. Great atmosphere of Recovery. Always lots of activities going on. The staff have a real passion for helping people maintain recovery.
Don't bother if you actually care!
Recovery worker (Former Employee) –  Hereford16 January 2017
Corporate-style 'charity', bids low and promises high but struggles to deliver. Woe betide you if you actually want to spend time with clients rather than tick boxes. Management often clueless about drug and alcohol issues and workers hired because they're cheap not because they're experienced. Saw a good team completely obliterated when addaction took over. Feel sorry for anyone who needs to use this 'service' - good luck finding anyone who knows what they're talking about!
Cons
Endless paperwork and box-ticking, no room for autonomy or the experienced or 'thinking' worker, horrific morale and lack of any concern whatsoever from management for either staff or clients.
not really
Charity Worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool2 November 2016
over all good but still need to improve. Special on the recruitment side.I have been interviewed twice but felt some biases from the interviewers. So really pushed me back and then never tried to apply for any position in Addaction.
Supportive
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Tiverton18 October 2016
Addaction is an incredible organisation to work for, they offer a fantastic work life balance and offer you many opportunities. The professional I have now become is all down to the training and guidance I have had from employees within Addaction, everyone supports each other regardless of what position you hold.
Interesting and educational
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln12 September 2016
Only a temporary contract unfortunately, really enjoyed working at Addaction. Very friendly place with good understanding of how to help others improve their lives.
Pros
Daily routine & the people you work with.
Cons
Only took on a temporary contract.
Productive and educational.
Life Skills Volunteer. (Current Employee) –  Mid Cornwall.21 June 2016
It has been interesting learning and developing skills alongside a diverse group of people. I use my existing teaching skills, whilst developing new skills and understanding around substance miss-use and mental health issues.
Pros
Diverse, educational, character building.
Cons
Pay.
University placement
Substance Misuse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Woolwich2 June 2016
I had a case load of around eight young people to work with and run sessions with on my own. I was in charge of organising appointments, writing case notes, updating other professionals, raising safeguarding concerns and ultimately intervening with their substance misuse.
Good
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, ENG7 October 2015
I think the job was great mainly down to the team i worked with. Also good management within the service. Only left as made redundant
Pros
Hours
Cons
Salary
Deputy Senior Partnership Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, ENG20 September 2015
A privilege to be allowed to help others through the worst times of their lives, very rewarding job managing some 40 staff from multi agencies.
Great organisation! a pleasure to work for
Substance Misuse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth20 September 2015
i worked for them for 2 years, in those 2 years i received access to training and they were keen to help me as an individual develop. so when after 2 years with them, i was offered the chance to go into a management role elsewhere, they were pleased they had helped me improve my practice.

i encourage everyone to give them a chance, if you are luck enough to be employed by them, you will really see how much they are keen to develop every individual, not only the clients, but the staff themselves.
na
Student (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, ENG9 July 2015
Various shift patterns. Working with drug users and criminal justice. Good support from team leaders, knowledgeable and committed staff. Multi-agency working including police and probation.
Does anyone care?
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Ripley10 April 2015
Whilst working for this company I was absolutely astounded at the total lack of direction given from management to employees. When are funders of charities like addaction going to realise that companies such as these are only interested in delivering the minimal service possible to increase revenue and profits.

My direct manager was a complete moron and had the organisational, people management, and understanding skills of a three legged aardvark. In the short space of time I was employed for this company I felt devalued, unappreciated and de-skilled. So if your thinking about working for this company DONT! avoid at all costs.
Pros
Errrrrr....Finding this difficult
Cons
Poor management, Unrealistic targets, Unable to adopt a person centred approach for clients
It is a fun and rewarding place to work
Volunteer Mentor (Current Employee) –  wigan / Leigh3 March 2015
I start with facilitating the peer support group which runs from 11.00am till 1.00pm then I move sites and then do recovery choices from 2.00pm till 4.00pm.
The management are helpful and friendly I have learned about facilitating groups and updating notes on the computer system.
The hardest part of the job is some of the clients being intoxicated and rude the most enjoyable part is seeing the clients progress to their best potential.
Pros
excelent training
Cons
no pay
Challenging and rewarding
Criminal Justice Intervention Team Worker (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool, ENG24 February 2014
Most of my day is dealing with chaotic clients who are in crisis, although we do offer immediate access to psychosocial interventions harm minimisation, also we run a task orientated group which is extremely powerful as it is service user led and immense peer support. We work very well as a team, Probation and CJIT workers and see our roles as complimentary which enables us to work effectively with our client group.
We manage our caseload, prioritise and wear a number of different 'hats' depending on the clients' needs.

The most rewarding part of the job is to support the client in moving forward and making changes in their life which in turn improves the whole of their life including family relationships, and observe them reintegrating back into community.
A great place to work & a great learning curve
Drug & Alcohol Arrest Referral worker (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, ENG31 January 2014
Working in a custody setting with those arrested for offences relating to drug & alcohol misuse, carrying out level 2 triage assessments & referrals, full & brief alcohol interventions. Advice and support with any drug & alcohol issues, all aspects of harm min. Partnership working.

Gaining 1st hand experience of how both drugs & alcohol not only affect an individual, their families but also the impact on the wider community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADDACTION. Our community is ready to answer.