Action for Children Employee Reviews

Engaging
After School Playgroup Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainsborough25 November 2017
A fun place to work
Challenging behaviours
Working with young children
Helpful management team
completing engaging activities with learning difficulties
Best place I ever worked
Senior Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire19 November 2017
The charity wanted to see the success of all staff and service users, actively promoted job satisfaction.

Staff felt more like a family than colleagues and made so many life long friends.

Everyday was never the same, with so much variation whilst still undertaking tasks that were required to be completed.

The only reason I am not still working for the charity is due to being made redundant and would love to work for the charity again in the future if a suitable role or location became available again.

Loved my job.
Pros
Great pay, pensions and health schemes
Cons
All roles are based on funding so no job security.
Great workplace with amazing staff
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow7 October 2017
Action for Children has always been a fun organisation to work for. The first thing you notice is how everyone is extremely friendly to one another and it's like one bug extended family. The downside however is due to the running of the Watford office. Often treat the Scotland team poorly.
A pleasant working environment
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, Greater London24 August 2017
I enjoyed working as a Business Support Officer at Action for Children nurseries. It was a pleasant working environment with friendly staff and the children were all well behaved.
role purpose
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City21 August 2017
Currently I am employed by action for children as a trainee Administrator. My current role involves recording and reporting support hours, supervision and managing funds and supplies. My daily tasks involve; answering the phone, taking note of relevant information for senior members of the team. I also have responsibility for sending emails and letters to other professionals. During multi-disciplinary meetings I am accountable for taking minutes and sending copies to individuals involved. I am responsible for payroll and assisting new members of the team with all the relevant information they require to fulfil their role.
Very helpful staff, good environment
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly3 August 2017
When I volunteered at Action For Children, we were in charge of caring for children with special needs. This could sometimes prove difficult as every child has different needs. However, the staff were incredibly patient and helpful. They passed great knowledge about each child to me and made me aware of what I needed to do to meet every child's needs.
The staff were amazing, the were respectful and made the workplace an enjoyable place to be.
Interacting with the children was definitely the best part of the job. Finding out how each child dealt with different things was a massive learning curve.
Pros
Interacting with others
Cons
Na
Productive and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Waterlooville, Hampshire1 August 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the company as everyday had something new to offer. I learned a variety of skills that would help me in future jobs from admin to ensuring visitors were made to feel comfortable and at ease at all times.
Productive and supportive
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Haddington, East Lothian18 July 2017
I started working here on a contract basis and for a first job i feel it may have shaped the way i feel about working in this field, i love it. The rewarding feeling of getting to help the people who really need it.
Excellent Organisation
Play Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln17 July 2017
I absolutely loved working for this organisation, and I am sure I would have stayed longer except they were not successful in gaining the early years tender as the Council chose the cheaper option in CFBT.
Cons
One of the best places i have worked
Not disclosed (Former Employee) –  East Anglia24 June 2017
Had an amazing time there only left as the role was changing due to a restructure. At the time there was a lack of resources, but management at a senior level were great and you felt valued
amazing workplace
still currently working-Part-time (Current Employee) –  London, UK17 June 2017
It is an amazing charity and workplace which treats everyone the same both staff as well as the wonderful children who attend the centre and ensures equality is in place.
productive and good workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester11 June 2017
I have learnt many things at action for children and have been trained well in the time I have been there, being a support worker is part learning on the job and learning how to deal with certain situations, however I have also had important training when I have been specifically taught a certain skills
Pros
good jobs and make new friends also get to help people
One of the best experiences I've had so far
Admin (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire5 June 2017
Very nice environment to work in, everyone has been friendly and approachable during my time there. I enjoyed the work, and learned a lot. Management was always organised.
Great Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galashiels30 May 2017
This was a temporary role but the team were lovely and the office space was good too. The staff were great and I felt very happy there. Sad it was only a temporary role!
good help
Back to work training (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 May 2017
helped me a lot to realise the skills i had and how to better use them especially geared towards finding work and an overall positive attitude in the workplace
Everyday is different
Family Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Cornwood, Devon20 April 2017
Everyday is different and mostly fun. Management are supportive and helpful. job security can vary as most services are commissioned. it is also hit and miss with training opportunities - these can be good if you live in the bigger cities.
Overall experience
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Northampton7 April 2017
The induction process doesn't exist, the line managers are awful and there is no consistency. The company need to make higher level changes and you also need to be given the tools to be able to do the job.
Pros
Work colleagues were nice
A charity
Group Manager (AD) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 April 2017
Challenges working in a Charity with the outlook of a business.
Busy environment balancing the needs of the service whilst trying to secure financial/ funding to maintain projects.
Family Intervention Practitioner (Current Employee) –  South East Cornwall28 March 2017
A very rewarding job with potential to change lives. A job which requires patience understanding and great empathy. This job involves home visits to clients across cornwa;;
caring and supportive
Family Support Worker (Play) (Former Employee) –  Havant23 February 2017
Effective management, focused, professional and caring. The job was very diverse so you need to be the type of person who was adaptable to constant changes, and going/doing something different each day of the week.
Pros
The team
Cons
Not permenant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action for Children. Our community is ready to answer.