3M Employee Reviews

Its ok.
TPM Engineer (Current Employee) –  Loughborough10 January 2018
The job is secure and the people are nice. You are made to feel welcome. Currently going through some positive transitions in regards to engineering. Money is poor for the shifts required. As an engineer its restrictive due to pharma rules.
Pros
Its clean
Cons
Shifts, poor pay
Great people
Internal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central & Loughborough4 October 2017
a typical day consist of corresponding with clients via email and phone in regards to contracts / standing order & quotations.

I often have to provide technical advice on bespoke items to both stakeholders and clients, this allows me to be the first port of call with most product queries.

the work place culture within this global company is drastically different between the permanent members of staff and contractors

I mostly enjoy interacting with customer and finding solutions to problems such as tight shipment deadlines, re costing of materials and pricing on annual tenders.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
A lot of responsibilities with little progression for contractors
creatively and fun work place
Project Researcher (Former Employee) –  Taiwan19 September 2017
*good environment to work
*professional development is well
*training programs is good
*workplace culture is creative, fun ,friendly
*you can learn skills include analysis , presentation.
Friendly place to work
Receiving Admin (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire18 August 2017
Safe and friendly environment. Taught me flexibility and gave me more self confidence. Loved that everyday is different so you never bored. People seems to be a community not just individuals.
Awful
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bedford14 August 2017
Wasnt the job for me so i didnt end ip staying here very long, boaring noone talks and very long hour too early on starting or too late finishing for my lofe style
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands6 August 2017
Enjoyable place to work, great people. Busy day to day out serving accounts for all their relevant needs. Good car/phone/ipad, great management always there to support.
Productive place to work
Contact validation engineer (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire17 July 2017
Contract validation
Authorship and execution of IQOQ on cold filling line at Loughborough.
Tight time scales met.
Project delivered on time.
Contract ended moved to another company.
Pros
Location, work
Cons
Tight time scales
good strong company
Chemical worker (Former Employee) –  Northallerton9 July 2017
was responsible for decanting liquids and compound chemicles ready to be shipped off to the supplier health and safety was adheered at all times on and off site
Pros
mon to fri
Cons
travel
Productive workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend7 June 2017
While during my time as a machine operator I was trained in how to operate large assembly machines in order to achieve hourly targets. I gained a considerable amount of experience to take into future job opportunities which may arise.
I was also trained in how to keep track of orders and materials via batch numbers to be processed for dispatch.

Friendly work colleagues and working environment.
Not what it was
Technical sales and support (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 June 2017
3M have changed considerably since 2005. They no longer focus on long term relationships, concentrating more on immediate sales, and no longer investing in providing added value to the offerings, but retaining a premium price point. A dramatic reduction in investment of its staff has seen team building fall to a point where the organisation is focusing more on the stick than carrot to get the best from its employees.
Pros
Still offer a competitive salary
Cons
No longer a "Fun" company to work for
Great Company
Strategic Buyer (Former Employee) –  Turkey23 May 2017
Great company to work in all aspects, work life flexibility, salary, benefits, kind and friendly environment. Everyone within 3M were great to work alongside
Pros
Good packages
Cons
So many meetings
Challenging and rewarding
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire31 March 2017
Communication handover with outgoing Technicians, daily operation planning meeting with supervisors and operation personnel, carry out planned and reactive maintenance tasks, carry out production line changeovers, (for various products/sizes).
Managing and overseeing production line operatives.
No 2 days were ever the same so learning was a constant.
Due to the nature of the manufacturing company Working safely was one of the biggest workplace cultures.
Most challenging part of the job in my opinion was maintaining targets whilst attending a multitude of meetings.
Most enjoyable part of my job was achieving targets, solving problems and a sense of achievement when I leave each day.
Pros
Excellent training opertunities
Cons
Poor rewards for fantastic achievements
Excellant place of work
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, UK25 March 2017
I learnt the skills to micronise salbutamol powder. This job was a single person job which lead to me improving on my self management skills and ability to prioritise jobs in relation to customer demands. It also improved on my communication skills to personnel on the same level as me and also higher up including management.
Pros
Good shift pattern and salary
Cons
No industry recognised qualifications once trained.
Great
Assistant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire22 March 2017
Great company to work for.
Typical day includes completing recs, bank transactions etc.
Learn something new everyday
most enjoyable part of the job is working with motivating staff
Fun and joyful workplace with great exposure
Packaging Engineer, Safety and Graphics, EMEA (Former Employee) –  London, United Kingdom22 March 2017
- Focuses on employee engagement and creativity
- Additional responsibilities to challenge and engage employees.
- Great work life balance
- Encourages employees to think out of the box and offers a platform for trials
Pros
Great Exposure
Cons
Slow decision making
Need more investment in people and equipment
Role -skilled technician/setter operator (Current Employee) –  Loughborough, UK18 February 2017
●Busy all the time
● Learned a lot about equipment , Safety , Lean and working with diffrently people.
●Management good but come over very stand offish.
●The staff I work with are very good and experienced very friendly.
●Working with old machinery that keeps breaking down can be a bit hard to work with.
●The staff are great and we all work as a team.
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
Flexible working contract staying late because of no cover
Amazing team
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Loughborough8 February 2017
In short probation time I have proved myself as a good and responsible employee, but had unlovely experience with discrimination in my team, had to be aware of person as a part of my training I have noticed someone not following process, but only me was eliminated because I was just an agency staff.
Absolute Rubbish!
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire2 February 2017
when i worked here it was 0 hour contracts so the managers would get rid of staff with a click of the fingers. no windows so wouldn't see daylight for 10 hours. shift pattern, so 1 week would be 6am-2pm and the next week 2pm-10pm. minimum wage. asked everyday to do overtime that day or at weekend and regardless if you have child custody or made arrangements they would tell you off for not agreeing to do overtime and as a result the manager would sack you! absolute rubbish company to work for, but usually they get round this because they work through an agency that do all their dirty work for them. and you earn a days holiday for every 2 weeks you work yet will get a warning for using the holiday if they didn't agree with the reason for holiday.
Cons
everything.
Fun workplace with diverse but ever changing personnel
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire22 January 2017
Typical day at work involved running reports from my work station and being involved with team group communications via skype as all my fellow team members were in Bracknell.

I learned many valuable skills both in the areas of complex reporting and people skills development also as frequently presented to and liaised with management (ie in meetings, face to face etc).

Management in my team (Business Services Sales Operations and Management) changed four times in my time at 3M, with all but the last manager based in the same location. This presented the hardest part of my job when my manager was in another part of the country as it became difficult to communicate through the day ad hoc when required. This being due to schedules changing, my manager seemingly being very busy most of the time and such like.

Workplace culture was relaxed and comfortable however work was of the highest priority due to nature of our area of the business. This being to work directly with senior management and assist in the development of reports and other ad hoc requests. The aforesaid workplace culture was good to work in and was definitely the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Good Temp Salary
Cons
Very difficult to move to permanent head count staff
good enviroment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend18 January 2017
I look forward to maximising machines output and also seeing my co workers and the whole team. working on a 12 hour shift causes me to focus and get as much as possible work done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 3M. Our community is ready to answer.